PDA

View Full Version : Musical Fidelty m8-700M. On clearance. Thoughts?

jaxwired
September 12, 2015, 10:27 AM
Music Direct has these on major clearance. Normally $12500 for a pair, now $6000! That's a killer deal for brand new Amps. 700w @8 ohms. They claim it's the same exact design as the $30k Titan 1000w beast that Michael Fremer used as his reference (maybe still does). Other than the totally plain case, if I can get Titan performance for 1/5 the price brand new, that's a killer deal IMO. Think they'd compare to Bryston 28Bsst2s? Any thoughts on these Amps?

http://audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=12763&stc=1

Mike
September 12, 2015, 10:47 AM
Looks nice! Only concern is that MF doesn't have great resale, but at this price, it might be worth a chance.

I've always been interested in hearing the Titan's.

MarinJim
September 12, 2015, 10:06 PM
I have heard and read some great reviews on these mono's. At this price a killer deal. And I know first hand buying a fantastic amp with not very good re-sale value. But, I prefer to enjoy the moment and not dwell on some later date.

cmalak
September 12, 2015, 10:41 PM
Does the 30-day money back guarantee that Music Direct has apply to these discounted amps? Seems like no risk if you can try them out and if they don't match well with rest of your system, you can send back and get refund (not sure of restocking fee applies).

joeinid
September 12, 2015, 10:58 PM
Tom,

I bet for the $6K investment, they'd be killer.

PS, I absofreakinglutely LOVE my Bryston 28BSST2's :D They are wonderful amps. I am sure the M8-700M's are great as well.

BruceLet
September 12, 2015, 11:04 PM
I would guess that is what they are worth…..meaning if you go to sell them, you might lose your shirt.

joeinid
September 12, 2015, 11:59 PM
I would guess that is what they are worth…..meaning if you go to sell them, you might lose your shirt.

Great point. Everything tends to settle for what it's really worth sadly.