PDA

View Full Version : Adept Response

Garth
August 8, 2015, 12:03 PM
I just added the above power conditioner plus 4 Cardas Clear power cables. So far I feel it has bee a positive move. The Adept Response replaces my Ayre power conditioner .

I still have a problem getting my mind around the fact power travels for miles on wires down the side of the road then through my house on copper wire and the last 3 feet through a ungodly costly power cord and it makes it better but it does. Or I am a fool who thinks it is better. I have no plans on removing the cables or conditioner.

Much warmer and deeper soundstage. The new Cardas power cables Clears are on the preamp , power amps and DX5 . I plugged into the adept response my Statement, pre amp, DX5 turned off, phono. The power amps clxs and subs are direct to the wall each on its own circuit .

I kind of wonder if a second Adept response for the subs and speakers would be a good idea or a bad idea.

Any comments because I sure as hell have no idea about power conditioners this one was about 3,500 Canadian. Is it the best probably not but it is making it all sound better.:happy:

Steve
August 8, 2015, 12:38 PM
Power conditioning and/or regeneration is one of those inexplicable elements that can make a substantial performance improvement to a system. It's irrefutable but often an unconvincing argument especially to those who have not budgeted beyond the playback equipment.

Audioseduction
August 8, 2015, 02:41 PM
Power conditioning and/or regeneration is one of those inexplicable elements that can make a substantial performance improvement to a system. It's irrefutable but often an unconvincing argument especially to those who have not budgeted beyond the playback equipment.

Don't forget Isolation transformers. :D

Garth
August 8, 2015, 07:28 PM
Budget for a budget it takes planning writing it out then you might leave it laying around and the wife finds it No better to buy it burn the bill and hope you never need it for warranty .

Clint
August 12, 2015, 01:53 AM
I just did exactly what you are describing and added a second AR6 for my amp and have to admit it improved the sound noticeably. I mainly got it for the surge protector aspect rather than to improve the sound as I was pretty happy with the amp in the wall socket directly. The one on the amp is the plain Jane AR6 and the one for the pre, dac, phono etc is the upgraded TS version.

Dpod4
August 12, 2015, 12:52 PM
Audience makes great power conditioners. I also have standardized on cardas clear beyond power cables and those have made as significant a difference as power conditioners have in the past. I previously used audience au24se and Jena Labs top of the line PCs. Tremendous PCs but in my system the full loom of cardas clear esp beyond power cords and speaker cables brings an ease and stillness and extension I didn't hear before.