PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Canadiens Hockey

MrAcoustat
May 10, 2013, 01:44 AM
Tonight thursday may 9th the Montreal Canadiens where eleminated by the Ottawa Senators in 5 games and i am very very glad all those Montreal journalist are crying like babies and finding all kinds of reasons why this happened well it's not difficult the reason is THAT THE OTTAWA SENATORS PLAYED BETTER PLAIN AND SIMPLE on paper the Montreal Canadiens where the stronger team BUT hockey is played on the ice and there the Ottawa Senators where the better team.

joeinid
May 10, 2013, 01:49 AM
Ha!

Very true Andre!

NorthStar
May 10, 2013, 03:21 AM
...And what happened to the Vancouver Canucks? :D

* Who did invent hockey? ;)

Mike
May 10, 2013, 08:07 AM
I think my Leafs are next. They are playing terrible. Boston is playing better, beating them to the puck and out muscling them in the corners....and don't mention goal tending!

dlb2
May 10, 2013, 08:11 AM
* Who did invent hockey? ;)

Everybody knows Gordie Howe invented hockey...

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/trophies/winners/ART1954.jpg

Mike
May 10, 2013, 10:01 AM
I'm very lucky to be good friends (and weekly golf partner) with a hockey legend. I love him. He's an example for everyone in humility, kindness and professionalism.

dlb2
May 10, 2013, 10:16 AM
http://youtu.be/0dU3-ObbiUI

Mike
May 10, 2013, 10:22 AM
http://youtu.be/0dU3-ObbiUI

:D

Toobs
May 10, 2013, 07:43 PM
I think my Leafs are next. They are playing terrible. Boston is playing better, beating them to the puck and out muscling them in the corners....and don't mention goal tending!

Mike
I'm a huge Leafs fan too. Boston is just too big for Toronto. They are outplaying the Leafs at every phase of the game.

Congrats to the Ottawa Senators.

bradleyc
May 11, 2013, 04:11 PM
The last Leaf has not yet fallen from the tree, win one more at home and game 7 is up for grabs :)

NorthStar
May 11, 2013, 04:41 PM
Bruins, Leafs, ... :cool:

Mike
May 12, 2013, 10:16 PM
Leafs played great tonight. One more game like tonight is in order.

NorthStar
May 13, 2013, 01:15 AM
Next one's in Toronto. :trouble:

Mike
May 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
Next one's in Toronto. :trouble:

I think it's actually in Boston tonight.

MrAcoustat
May 13, 2013, 08:39 AM

Yes Mike you're right it's in Boston and it should be quite a game, win or lose Toronto played quite a series gave their fans quite a show.

Mike
May 13, 2013, 09:05 AM

Petro85
May 13, 2013, 10:03 AM
Well I'm a Ranger fan and I've been mad at hockey for another work stoppage. So I haven't watched much this year. But it's the playoffs and I can't stay away. I watched the best game I've seen in a long time last night . Now we go to game 7 in Washington .
Should be a hell of a game. I also want to see Toronto win this series, well just because I always like to see bruins, red sox, celtics, patriots lose !! Hehehe!! Great record shops in Boston though.

Toobs
May 13, 2013, 03:16 PM

+1000:exciting::exciting:

NorthStar
May 13, 2013, 03:55 PM

Oh my mistake Mike, I trusted the wrong info from one spot of the Internet. ...Happens often.

* Then Boston is going to kick a$$! :D

bradleyc
May 14, 2013, 10:57 PM
Toronto fans, did that epic 3rd period collapse really happen last night, or was it just a horrible nightmare? Anything can happen in a game 7, but that? really?? I was pulling for the Leafs but glad I'm not one of their fans, sorry it went down that way!

NorthStar
May 14, 2013, 10:59 PM
Me I was pulling for Boston. :)

Why? Because they were playing at home, and nothing beats partying at home. :D
Congrats Bruins!

dlb2
May 14, 2013, 11:06 PM
I'm partial to both teams but I think the Red Wings/Blackhawks series might be even better than the finals. :exciting:

bradleyc
May 14, 2013, 11:54 PM
Wings are tough, Hawks need to crank up the intensity and play full tilt!

NorthStar
May 14, 2013, 11:59 PM
The Wings have skills and spirit, the Hawks have stamina and guts.

Spirit vs Heart. :)

Mike
May 15, 2013, 08:49 AM
Toronto fans, did that epic 3rd period collapse really happen last night, or was it just a horrible nightmare? Anything can happen in a game 7, but that? really?? I was pulling for the Leafs but glad I'm not one of their fans, sorry it went down that way!

Before getting on the ice to play my game, I walked into the bar at the arena with all my gear on. Leafs up 4-1 in the third. It's all over but the crying. Play my game, come off the ice to hear Boston one. Me and my fellow Leaf fans are the ones crying! What a major choke. BUT - lets keep in mind, this is a young team. They will learn from this experience and be better for it next year when playoffs arrive.

the professor
May 15, 2013, 12:30 PM
Before getting on the ice to play my game, I walked into the bar at the arena with all my gear on. Leafs up 4-1 in the third. It's all over but the crying. Play my game, come off the ice to hear Boston one. Me and my fellow Leaf fans are the ones crying! What a major choke. BUT - lets keep in mind, this is a young team. They will learn from this experience and be better for it next year when playoffs arrive.

I feel for ya. I went to the CHL championship game 7 last Saturday night and the same thing happened. Down 2 goals halfway through the 3rd and the home team (Allen Americans) tied it up and then won it 2 minutes into overtime. I felt so sorry for the other team, especially the fans who drove the 6-8 hours to see the game. I was happy Allen won, but I can't imagine being on the losing side, losing like that.

Toobs
May 15, 2013, 04:11 PM

Mike
I was never more disappointed in my life:reallymad::reallymad: You're right, the Leafs will learn from this experience and hopefully be better next season.

Jeffkad
May 15, 2013, 04:53 PM
Just caught up to this thread. Hey dlb2, you had to post a video of the 79 Canadiens beating MY NY RANGERS?!?!?!?!
@#$%^&*
We had dem bum Habs beat good in game one, but we got cocky (and some of the boys got coke-y, if you know what I mean), and down we went. Man, that was frustrating! Anyways, sorry boys, love to see dem Habs lose, although Ottawa is a dirty team, so don't like them much either. Can't believe my Rangers actually stole this series from the Caps.

(PS- you do know that the only reason the Habs have all those Cups is because they had territorial rights to the best young players in their region, right? It was a rigged affair for many a decade for the Habs. Now without the benefit of a rigged draft, they are known as the Hab Nots, hehe :) )