PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thank You to Mike; our fantastic Shark host!

NorthStar
May 7, 2013, 04:13 PM
Early his morning the UPS delivery man knocked at my door with a package for me inside his ten-ton truck! :exciting:

Lo and behold it was Mike's present from all across the States, directly from Florida, and across the water of the West Canadian coast to Vancouver Island. :cool:

The air was pure, the birds singing, the trees blossoming, the flowers happy, and all that jazz. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/springsmile.gif

...Skip few beats, unpacked the package and inside the box was a flat screen monitor (28" I believe), to replace my small 15" (or 17") PC's screen.

Happy is an understatement. I was totally ecstatic! ...The UPS guy had to restraint me with chains! :cantmove:

I got everything figured out to be perfectly set. I could easily write a book about it but I simply won't. :derf:
...I'll need an adaptor (PC to HDMI/DVI), and when I do and that everything is ketchup well setup, I'll take a pic or two to share with you.

Today is May 07, but I swear that it is December 25! ...And I'm back! ...To when I was six-years old again! :baby:

Mike, a Big Thank You for your Big Generosity! :heart:

Dewster
May 7, 2013, 04:24 PM
Picture is worth a thousand words :hi:

joeinid
May 7, 2013, 04:30 PM
Congrats Bob!

jwhite613
May 7, 2013, 04:35 PM
Bob... Congratulations!!! :exciting:

Mike...Very nice!!! Karma owes you one. :cool:

MDP
May 7, 2013, 04:42 PM
Early his morning the UPS delivery man knocked at my door with a package for me inside his ten-ton truck! :exciting:

Lo and behold it was Mike's present from all across the States, directly from Florida, and across the water of the West Canadian coast to Vancouver Island. :cool:

The air was pure, the birds singing, the trees blossoming, the flowers happy, and all that jazz. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/springsmile.gif

...Skip few beats, unpacked the package and inside the box was a flat screen monitor (28" I believe), to replace my small 15" (or 17") PC's screen.

Happy is an understatement. I was totally ecstatic! ...The UPS guy had to restraint me with chains! :cantmove:

I got everything figured out to be perfectly set. I could easily write a book about it but I simply won't. :derf:
...I'll need an adaptor (PC to HDMI/DVI), and when I do and that everything is ketchup well setup, I'll take a pic or two to share with you.

Today is May 07, but I swear that it is December 25! ...And I'm back! ...To when I was six-years old again! :baby:

Mike, a Big Thank You for your Big Generosity! :heart:

Awesome, Bob !!!!!

Getting to really know Mike,and Joe as well as I have, is truly a blessing. Both of them would give you the shirt off their back.

Enjoy that "huge" new monitor !!!!

NorthStar
May 7, 2013, 04:57 PM
Ok, but I can only show you (couple pictures of) my setup before the new transformation for right now. And eventually I'll share couple more pictures of after (final) setup.
How's that sound, fair enough?

...And without any further delay:

http://breakeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Bureau-de-geek-03.jpg

http://addykho.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/home-office.jpg

* When everything is finally finalized, I'll post the new setup.

NorthStar
May 7, 2013, 05:03 PM
Awesome, Bob !!!!!

Getting to really know Mike,and Joe as well as I have, is truly a blessing. Both of them would give you the shirt off their back.

Enjoy that "huge" new monitor !!!!

Yes Mark, I see the light very brilliantly! I knew already of the amazing generosity from Joe, and now Mike, and you too Mark.
You guys are truly the three good musketeers! ...No wonder the three of you are behind the greatest Audio Shark forum of them all!

It is an extremely high privilege to be among the three of you, plus the other 185 awesome members of this site!

In all my Internet life I never ever experienced so much joy and happiness in all around my surroundings, internally and externally.
...Beam me up to the next higher level Scotty!

----- http://s713.photobucket.com/albums/ww133/Fmarvast/Fighting.gif

Dewster
May 7, 2013, 05:16 PM
Ok, but I can only show you (couple pictures of) my setup before the new transformation for right now. And eventually I'll share couple more pictures of after (final) setup.

WoW Bob!!! :exciting::exciting::exciting::exciting:

Jerome W
May 7, 2013, 05:18 PM
Bob : Congrats !
Mike : G. Bless you !

NorthStar
May 7, 2013, 05:33 PM
Are you serious, Dewey! ;)

Dewster
May 7, 2013, 05:39 PM
Are you serious, Dewey!

That is some serious stuff you have there Bob.. graphic designer or video editing??

NorthStar
May 7, 2013, 05:44 PM
Dewey, I wish .... :D

HiFive
May 7, 2013, 06:00 PM
Bob.
Space control center?
:lol:

Penthouse-D
May 7, 2013, 06:06 PM
I must say, I've haven't had the pleasure of meeting Joe or Mike in person, but I've been emailing with Joe for years and met Mike through him. They are two of the nicest guys I've never met! lol They have been extremely helpful and very generous with their time, always lending a helping hand and ear whenever I have a question or need expert advise. THANKS SO MUCH for your help and this forum!!! Jim

joeinid
May 7, 2013, 06:12 PM
I must say, I've haven't had the pleasure of meeting Joe or Mike in person, but I've been emailing with Joe for years and met Mike through him. They are two of the nicest guys I've never met! lol They have been extremely helpful and very generous with their time, always lending a helping hand and ear whenever I have a question or need expert advise. THANKS SO MUCH for your help and this forum!!! Jim

Thank you Jim.

We are just wild and crazy guys who absolutely love this stuff. We genuinely love to help and I am glad we can. Thanks for the acknowledgement. I've been helped along the way and want to give back.

socfan12
May 7, 2013, 09:41 PM
Congrats, Bob!

I truly believe AudioShark is a reflection of the kind, generous, and genuine nature of its leaders and founders. A truly remarkable place to be.:heart:

dlb2
May 7, 2013, 09:46 PM
Bob... Congratulations!!! :exciting:

Mike...Very nice!!! Karma owes you one. :cool:

That may be the understatement of the year! :)

Mike
May 7, 2013, 11:30 PM
Bob - you're very welcome! If it makes you happy, it makes me happy. Enjoy buddy! :)

Mike

highEndguy
May 7, 2013, 11:32 PM
Mike rules !!!

NorthStar
May 7, 2013, 11:40 PM
If it makes me happy! ...Just wait till I get it all set up and running, you're going to see a guy posting way more pictures in the pictures' threads. :D ...Like the one Paul started for example.

Words are warm and cool, and emotionally satisfying, and pictures are going to take over all of that and much much more; you're all going to be radically blown away of your feet and up flying to another dimension you've never experienced before. :lookatthat:

johnthomas
May 8, 2013, 06:57 AM

Jim I agree with you 120%. Mike and Joe are excellent assets to Audio Shark plus they have top notch gear.:happy:

highEndguy
May 8, 2013, 07:54 AM

Is very nice to meet friends here but
It gets better when you bond your friendship when you meet personally.
Last NYC Audio Show I met with Bruce,
Truly a warm heart kind of guy and then
with you, Jim, you looked to me like a
Model came out from GQ. :)
And Mike, He is even better in person.
I was at His home last year and treat
me like family. You don't image how
Simple and down to earth he is.
I'm very glad to meet you all and hope
In my next travel I finally can meet with
Joe.
Swim safely my good friends

Nelson

Penthouse-D
May 8, 2013, 08:42 AM
Nelson, Thanks, but I'd suggest an eye exam for you! I also appreciate your help. I think we're laying the groundwork for one hell of a party during the 2014 NYC show! Stay healthy my friends, it's going to be a barn burner. I'll make the arrangements as I've lived in NYC for 20+ years.

highEndguy
May 8, 2013, 08:46 AM
Count me in !!!
:)

Toobs
May 8, 2013, 06:38 PM

Bob
That setup is totally awesome:exciting::exciting:

Toobs
May 8, 2013, 06:42 PM
Bob.
Space control center?
:lol:

Trung
That's the bridge on the Starship Enterprise:rofl::rofl:

joeinid
May 8, 2013, 06:51 PM
Bob
That setup is totally awesome:exciting::exciting:

Bob just uses that setup to run Quicken for his checkbook.

HiFive
May 8, 2013, 07:21 PM
Bob.
I think you could use 2 more monitors on the top. :peace:

Etunes
May 8, 2013, 07:25 PM

Holy Displays Batman!! That is impressive.

highEndguy
May 8, 2013, 07:30 PM
Bob, is that yours for real ?

NorthStar
May 8, 2013, 07:35 PM
Bob, is that yours for real ?

Nelson, this thread is only 30 posts; I'll let you decipher the obvious. :)

...It could have been though, only if ....

* No, my setup is just a small IBM ThinkCentre (tabletop PC) with IBM ThinkVision (17" tabletop screen), IBM ThinkKeyboard, and IBM ThinkMouse.

** But now I got a new 28" (or 26) flat screen monitor, thanks to Mike. :)

==> I was complaining that the pictures were too small on my small screen the way the site is organized.
So Mike, to resolve my problem, just sent me a bigger screen! :D ...How cool is that! ..."Long distance voyager"; is that from Moody Blues?

AudioSalon
May 8, 2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks for a wondeful site Mike, its intimate, friendly and a pleasure to visit. We may not have 11 million members but I see an increase in activity and posts daily...keep up the great work.

f1 fan
May 8, 2013, 09:54 PM
Bob...that's a serious setup you've got:disbelief::exciting::cool:

Dave

Mike
May 8, 2013, 10:16 PM
Thanks for a wondeful site Mike, its intimate, friendly and a pleasure to visit. We may not have 11 million members but I see an increase in activity and posts daily...keep up the great work.

Thanks! That means a lot. There is so much that goes on in the background that no one sees (like we are busy resubmitting for the third time - our apps to Apple). Yes, we don't have 11 million members, but the ones we have are real! :D

NorthStar
May 8, 2013, 11:07 PM
Bob...that's a serious setup you've got :disbelief::exciting::cool:

Dave

Yeah, ok, thanx Dave! ;) ...Does it make me serious? :D

NorthStar
May 12, 2013, 09:24 PM
The monitor (27" Samsung) is set up and running now; I just did it a couple hours ago.
But I still have more to do (stereo audio system), and perhaps a Blu-ray player (got lots of those), but then, I don't use my PC to watch movies (got the normal TV for that).

One thing so far: AWESOME! This is totally super cool to have a nice big picture of that size!
My friend Will was just over and I showed him some pictures I took, and he was blown away by few of them.
Listen to this: Will is a professional musician and painter, and he asked me to email him some of the shots I took! That's real nice. And he also suggested to me that I should share some of them pictures with you guys. But I'm shy and I feel that they are kind of private, plus they are not up to my true potential, because my camera is nothing, and they are from very low resolution (only 2 megapixels).

Anyhow, eventually I'll share some; we'll see if it's worth it.
Now, I'll see if tomorrow is a better day; today is raining and the sky is totally covered of clouds.
...Because I can take a least a picture or two of my new screen (no big deal, but still beautiful for a normal guy like me).
Usually when it's sunny at my place I can take pictures inside my mansion; without a flash (I hate flash).

For now just trust me; it is awesome and I am extremely happy! ...Thank you so much Mike; I won't let you down, nava! :D

Mike
May 12, 2013, 09:48 PM
The monitor (27" Samsung) is set up and running now; I just did it a couple hours ago.
But I still have more to do (stereo audio system), and perhaps a Blu-ray player (got lots of those), but then, I don't use my PC to watch movies (got the normal TV for that).

One thing so far: AWESOME! This is totally super cool to have a nice big picture of that size!
My friend Will was just over and I showed him some pictures I took, and he was blown away by few of them.
Listen to this: Will is a professional musician and painter, and he asked me to email him some of the shots I took! That's real nice. And he also suggested to me that I should share some of them pictures with you guys. But I'm shy and I feel that they are kind of private, plus they are not up to my true potential, because my camera is nothing, and they are from very low resolution (only 2 megapixels).

Anyhow, eventually I'll share some; we'll see if it's worth it.
Now, I'll see if tomorrow is a better day; today is raining and the sky is totally covered of clouds.
...Because I can take a least a picture or two of my new screen (no big deal, but still beautiful for a normal guy like me).
Usually when it's sunny at my place I can take pictures inside my mansion; without a flash (I hate flash).

For now just trust me; it is awesome and I am extremely happy! ...Thank you so much Mike; I won't let you down, nava! :D

Awesome!!!!! :D

NorthStar
May 12, 2013, 10:09 PM
1275---1276---1277---

1278---1279

* Jeez, look at all my ugly fingerprints!

** See that small acrylic table; under it goes my Denon integrated amp (30 watts per channel) with custom made wood side panels, and I will use my small Paradigm Atom as my speaker monitors (wood varnish).
It's going to be a nice humble setup. ...Much better than my previous one (better and bigger visuals, and much better audio too).

*** It is you, people here at AudioShark, people like Mike, and Joe, and Mark, and all the rest of the gang who motivated me to improve my lifestyle, by your generosity and standard of excellence in your honesty, freedom, integrity, peace, love, and real happiness. :heart:

Time to play now! :D

Mike
May 12, 2013, 10:11 PM

I love it! Beautiful! So happy 4U!! :) :)

joeinid
May 12, 2013, 10:12 PM
Congratulations Bob! Looks awesome!

HiFive
May 12, 2013, 10:13 PM
:D
http://audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1275&d=1368410458

jwhite613
May 12, 2013, 10:19 PM
Bob... Congratulations!!! Looks Great.

NorthStar
May 12, 2013, 10:32 PM
1275---1276---1277---

1278---1279

* Jeez, look at all my ugly fingerprints!

** See that small acrylic table; under it goes my Denon integrated amp (30 watts per channel) with custom made wood side panels, and I will use my small Paradigm Atom as my speaker monitors (wood varnish).
It's going to be a nice humble setup. ...Much better than my previous one (better and bigger visuals, and much better audio too).

*** It is you, people here at AudioShark, people like Mike, and Joe, and Mark, and all the rest of the gang who motivated me to improve my lifestyle, by your generosity and standard of excellence in your honesty, freedom, integrity, peace, love, and real happiness. :heart:

Time to play now! :D

Because I edited it, I simply quote myself here to be on the same page.
And thank you for the blown-up. :)

NorthStar
May 13, 2013, 04:32 PM
This morning I installed my Denon integrated amp (PMA-250) under the acrylic table on which reposes my new monitor.
And when I checked my Paradigm Atom speakers I found them too big for my restricted PC table.
They would fit, but instead I installed my Minimus-7W speakers with walnut varnish.
I'm done now; visuals and audio wise.

* "When love finds a place in your heart and that it fits, that's when you can declare yourself in a better & happier dimension no matter where you live, where you come from, and where you going." - Bob

Peace to all! :peace:

MDP
May 13, 2013, 09:52 PM
This morning I installed my Denon integrated amp (PMA-250) under the acrylic table on which reposes my new monitor.
And when I checked my Paradigm Atom speakers I found them too big for my restricted PC table.
They would fit, but instead I installed my Minimus-7W speakers with walnut varnish.
I'm done now; visuals and audio wise.

* "When love finds a place in your heart and that it fits, that's when you can declare yourself in a better & happier dimension no matter where you live, where you come from, and where you going." - Bob

Peace to all! :peace:

We should all be so full of love !!

Thanks, Brother Bob !!

NorthStar
May 13, 2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks to you all guys, and to Mike in particular; you are my inspiration. :)

dlb2
May 13, 2013, 10:51 PM
Looks good Bob. Get typing! :)

NorthStar
May 13, 2013, 11:32 PM
Hi Doug, I took a picture with the amp and speakers, but it wasn't clear, so I did not post it. ...Another day perhaps.

* "Get typing!"...Ya, right on! :D

Mike
May 13, 2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks to you all guys, and to Mike in particular; you are my inspiration. :)

:dancing:

Rtan
May 14, 2013, 12:12 AM
Mike... You are the Man! Thank you for putting us all here together. Bob and Joe too, thank you for keeping us excited here on AS. This place is fun.

sharkmouth
May 14, 2013, 01:28 AM
Great spot for the dart board.:)

Mike
May 14, 2013, 11:02 AM
Mike... You are the Man! Thank you for putting us all here together. Bob and Joe too, thank you for keeping us excited here on AS. This place is fun.

:D.

BruceLet
May 14, 2013, 02:37 PM
You're gonna need a bigger boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

NorthStar
May 14, 2013, 04:00 PM
Great spot for the dart board.:)

Oh you saw that Kev! Lol

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

Yes sir Bruce, eventually we are all going on a cruise ship. ...Just wait till the going gets going.... :)

Couple more pics (attachments) with the amp and speakers.

1299 1300

So here ya go now; my Visual/Audio "working/fun" station. :)
- If it wouldn't have been of Mike, I wouldn't have set myself this comfy.
BUT! Now I'm so tired that by the time I'm ready to watch a Blu-ray movie I fall asleep! :derf: