PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Siltech Cables

MDP
April 6, 2015, 12:19 PM
Everyone here knows how much I love my Kimber Select cables. But I've been hearing some exceptional buzz about Siltech's offerings.

Now I can't afford their high dollar stuff, so I'm wondering about the 550's or 770's. I know they're not cheap either, but since I plan on keeping my main gear for sometime, I'd like to see how far I can take the gear I have.

joeinid
April 6, 2015, 01:10 PM
Uh oh, the turtle is sticking his little head out. Good for you :D

Elberoth
April 6, 2015, 04:41 PM
My friend uses a full loom of Siltech top of the range cables (double crown) - PC, ICs and SPC. They are sensational sounding, easily the best I have ever heard. Thay are made of silver, but interesting enough - they do not sound like silver ones at all, meaning that they do not sound thin, bright or washed out.

It is my understanding that cheapers Siltech cables do have some classic silver sonic signature, so for me Siltech cables are either the best ... or none.

mep
April 6, 2015, 04:54 PM
Everyone here knows how much I love my Kimber Select cables. But I've been hearing some exceptional buzz about Siltech's offerings.

Now I can't afford their high dollar stuff, so I'm wondering about the 550's or 770's. I know they're not cheap either, but since I plan on keeping my main gear for sometime, I'd like to see how far I can take the gear I have.

:rolleyes:

bzr
April 6, 2015, 05:04 PM
Yep, best I've owned. Royal Signature Princess i/c's. By far. Mark I have been told the 770 series are close in some areas but not up to the Royal Signature.
That is comparing to van den Hul, ww plats, shunyata ztron anaconda & some that I have lived with in my own system!!

apdoc2004
April 6, 2015, 05:19 PM
I recently added a Siltech 330 balanced interconnect (from my preamp to amp). The sound improved significantly compared to the Cardas cable that I was using -- I am impressed so far. I would love to try Siltech 550 speaker cables in the near future. I cannot afford their more expensive offerings.
Anshul

MDP
April 6, 2015, 05:31 PM
:rolleyes:

Oh ye of little faith :)

MDP
April 6, 2015, 05:33 PM
Yep, best I've owned. Royal Signature Princess i/c's. By far. Mark I have been told the 770 series are close in some areas but not up to the Royal Signature.
That is comparing to van den Hul, ww plats, shunyata ztron anaconda & some that I have lived with in my own system!!

Thanks Kev, once I get moved to our new home in Georgia I plan on giving some Siltechs a home demo.

MDP
April 6, 2015, 05:35 PM
Thanks Adam.

Thanks Anshul.

BruceLet
April 6, 2015, 05:54 PM
Uh oh, the turtle is sticking his little head out. Good for you :D

Uh Oh! Never make decisions with the little head.

joeinid
April 6, 2015, 06:07 PM
Uh Oh! Never make decisions with the little head.

:roflmao:

Bodhi
April 7, 2015, 01:23 AM
I previously owned a pair of Siltech Classic Anniversary 770i G7 xlr's back in 2011 for cdp - integrated. The 770i is a very nice cable & sounds quiet, quite resolving, a little warm, smooth, and has nice tonal colour. I traded up that cable for a Jorma Origo xlr which is overall neutral (perhaps with a touch of warmth), very smooth & natural sounding.

I'm currently using Siltech CA 330i G7 rca's between my Oppo & Vitus as well as an Siltech CA HDMI cable with terrific results. They just sound like high quality cables and offer excellent resolution, nice tonality etc. At this price point, I could not find a better value cable that I could confidently bank on.

As a general note, the higher up the Siltech line you go, the more silver & gold conductors, more/better insulation & more complex conductor configuration they use. You pays, you gets as they say. I vividly recall hearing a simple system in my Dealer's showroom with a Vitus SIA-025, SCD-010, Magico Q1's & mid-level Siltech Royal Sig series cables. I was shocked to be honest, the sound was incredibly pure, liquid (tube-like), analogue-like and musical. I could happily live with Siltech cables, but am very happy with Jorma.

Cheers,
David.