PDA

View Full Version : Way too quiet at the SHark - Weekned plans

ohbythebay
May 3, 2013, 05:21 PM
Okay, tell me any turntable plans you have this weekend....Spice it up...

I have two plans

1) The cactus graft MC cart fix

http://daveyw.edsstuff.org/vinyl/Grafting/Files/1.jpg

2) try my HTMCPS phono stage (configuration 3)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/46400_556442564371210_768857246_n.jpg

A/V Solutions
May 3, 2013, 06:32 PM
Not to break anything!

jwhite613
May 3, 2013, 06:36 PM
Rob... Buy Vinyl, Clean Vinyl, Play Vinyl!!! :D

joeinid
May 3, 2013, 06:39 PM

I knew I was doing something wrong :)

A/V Solutions
May 3, 2013, 06:39 PM

You have a one track mind ;)

joeinid
May 3, 2013, 06:54 PM

Could that be considered a 2 track mind, for stereo. :)

jwhite613
May 3, 2013, 06:58 PM

Jeff... The other thing has nothing to do with stereo equipment!!! ;) :blush: :evil:

ohbythebay
May 3, 2013, 07:13 PM
Arrrgggg...lost my post again... !!! Keep hitting the wrong button ...sheesh

What I was trying to say is I have tested the HTMCPS phono stage and it is a perfect match for my AT33EV cart. Detailed, clean, noiseless. And so damn simple. Who would have thought a guy could come up with a $100 DIY Phono stage that rivals units costing 5 to 6 times as much...

PEFECT MC PHONO STAGE and tailor able for your cart loading needs
RIAA is accurate, less than 0.4db deviation.
2 x OPA2134 dual circuit op amps.
Very few caps in the signal path and bypassed output caps.
Only 10ma's current draw

The bare board
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww297/Hypnotoady_photos/HTMCPSUpdate3.jpg

a completed unit...EASY
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww297/Hypnotoady_photos/HtmcpsFin.jpg

NorthStar
May 3, 2013, 07:32 PM
I was just outside earlier, cutting wood (chainsaw), and doing other spring cleanup duties (prooning, chopping, lawnmowering, go to the dump yard, major renovations, painting, etc.).

Everything's free, even my time providing happiness to the wildlife surrounding me. ...And humans too. ...And the music is constantly playing (Classical music right now on the r.a.d.i.o.).

I don't let myself to get bored, I'm always inventive when it's time.
No one can influence me, or make me think like this or like that; I am in total control of my own life thank you very much. :)

Look at the sun outside, look at the birds, look at the flowers, look at the girls in their spring dresses, look at the moon at night; everything is simply gorgeous and just what mother nature ordered.

Way too quiet at the Shark? ...Just wait till we hit 2,000 members! You'll want to go play outside for resting breaks! :D
And only you, nobody else, can adjust your brain so as you never find life too quiet.

It is better to be only few than too many without the resources to reinvent yourself. ...Or be a couple hundreds solid and super cool members than be over hundred thousand zombies created of thin air!
Look at all the richness we got here: Mike, Joe, Mark, Jeff, AbsoluteSound, Stereophile, Wizard, Paul, Debby, Bruce, Allen, Jeff, Doug, Ethan, Kal, Andre, Ron, Jeff, Bob, Julian, Rob, Cyril, Mike, Jeff, Emile, Jerome, Gary, James, Roger, Carl, Murray, Bob, Dewey, Fidel, Elliot, Al, and all the 180 fantastic members so far within the solid ramparts of our Shark aquarium! :cool:

* Is this the analog TT section?

-E-
May 3, 2013, 09:13 PM
Cinco
de
Drinko

Period.

I *should* not be functional for most of Monday...

Bill13
May 3, 2013, 09:26 PM
Learn about antenna for tuna "meant tuner"

Dewster
May 3, 2013, 09:30 PM
Cinco
de
Drinko

Period.

I *should* not be functional for most of Monday...

Lol wouldn't expect less :D

ohbythebay
May 3, 2013, 10:59 PM
I was just outside earlier, cutting wood (chainsaw), and doing other spring cleanup duties (prooning, chopping, lawnmowering, go to the dump yard, major renovations, painting, etc.).

Everything's free, even my time providing happiness to the wildlife surrounding me. ...And humans too. ...And the music is constantly playing (Classical music right now on the r.a.d.i.o.).

I don't let myself to get bored, I'm always inventive when it's time.
No one can influence me, or make me think like this or like that; I am in total control of my own life than you very much. :)

Look at the sun outside, look at the birds, look at the flowers, look at the girls in their spring dresses, look at the moon at night; everything is simply gorgeous and just what mother nature ordered.

Way to quiet at the Shark? ...Just wait till we hit 2,000 members! You'll want to go play outside for resting breaks! :D
And only you, nobody else, can adjust your brain so as you never find life too quiet.

It is better to be only few than too many without the resources to reinvent themselves.
Look at all the richness we got here: Mike, Joe, Mark, Jeff, AbsoluteSound, Stereophile, Wizard, Paul, Jeff, Jeff, Bob, Rob, Bob, Dewey, Fidel, Elliot, Al, and all the 180 fantastic members so far within the solid ramparts of our Shark aquarium! :cool:

* Is this the analog TT section?

Awesome post, awesome outlook !!! I truly appreciate my own life, my wife, my job, my home...I have been blessed...but even more so meeting the folks here (albeit virtually) ...I have said it before, I will say it again, it is so awesome to have THIS type of site and maintain friendliness, no guile, no ultra egos...

Happiness is a Warm Forum...LOL

ohbythebay
May 3, 2013, 11:04 PM
Just don't make a Halibut out of it...I mean HABIT

dlb2
May 3, 2013, 11:07 PM
Way to quiet at the Shark? ...Just wait till we hit 2,000 members! You'll want to go play outside for resting breaks! :D

It is better to be only few than too many without the resources to reinvent themselves.
Look at all the richness we got here: Mike, Joe, Mark, Jeff, AbsoluteSound, Stereophile, Wizard, Paul, Jeff, Jeff, Bob, Rob, Bob, Dewey, Fidel, Elliot, Al, and all the 180 fantastic members so far within the solid ramparts of our Shark aquarium! :cool:

I couldn't agree more with this thought Bob.:)

ohbythebay
May 4, 2013, 05:20 PM
Well..the Cactus needle graft didn't work out..Not that I did anything wrong...but I discovered when tring to get the needle in the cantilever, the barrel end of the cantilever was not hollow like the barrel end on the cart...UGGG...so no way to insert. Sigh...

So ..some crappy pictures..camera phone though the eyepiece. I can see more with my eye, but this was what I captured

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/945083_643130342369098_2126422436_n.jpg

Not hollow..sigh
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/270939_643129192369213_1103533146_n.jpg

The cartridge end..would have worked...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/577570_643127659036033_238112712_n.jpg

Bill13
May 4, 2013, 07:24 PM
Nice fish eye view

ohbythebay
May 4, 2013, 10:45 PM
You should see what the AT150MLX needle looks like..a diamond stuck in a shiny blob...LOL

Anyway, I ordered another ATOC9/III...trying to return the AT33EV..it just lacks the same detail. Great bass and sound stage but the OC9 is better...