PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the New England Patriots winners of the 2015 Superbowl!

cmalak
February 1, 2015, 11:18 PM
Nice win for the Pats. What a game! Expect Boston will be rocking tonight before we get another 6-12" of snow starting early morning (after the 2ft that was dumped on us last week!).

Mike
February 1, 2015, 11:25 PM
Congrats to the Pats! The Seattle play call at the end of the game will no doubt go down in NFL history as one of the dumbest decisions.

Myles B. Astor
February 1, 2015, 11:31 PM
Congrats to the Pats! The Seattle play call at the end of the game will no doubt go down in NFL history as one of the dumbest decisions.

What were the Hawks ever thinking? Especially with Lynch having just rushed the ball down to the 1. And a pass over the middle on the goal line! That is asking for trouble.

cmalak
February 1, 2015, 11:37 PM

Pete Carroll admitted as much in the post-game interview...

Alpinist
February 1, 2015, 11:41 PM

I agree with you 100%, Mike. What the hell were they thinking? Lynch or Wilson could have definitely run the ball into the end zone.

madfloyd
February 2, 2015, 12:04 AM
What a nail biter, but all's well that ends well. Life is good. :)

kzhtoo
February 2, 2015, 02:05 AM
What will forever be lost is the nastiest catch (that including the David Tyree helmet catch) Kearse made 2 plays earlier. I am a Pats fan, so no complaint whatsoever. lol Glad Petey made that call and Wilson followed it through.

CPP
February 2, 2015, 09:42 AM
I enjoyed the commercials :D

Yep Pete Carroll is taking the blame for the call offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell made. But it's football.

MDP
February 2, 2015, 10:00 AM
WOW !! What a game. Seattle gave it away. But it was one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while. Great entertainment when it's not your own team.

mep
February 2, 2015, 10:06 AM
As Mike and others have said, that was the dumbest call ever in the history of the Superbowl. The Seahawks had that game in the bag and then gave it away.

Myles B. Astor
February 2, 2015, 11:14 AM
And no one has cried fix yet! :)

Bobvin
February 2, 2015, 11:23 AM
Ok, I'm a huge Hawks fan, and knew it was going to be a competitive game. The Pats defender gets huge respect for reading the formation and jumping that route. I hear the comments regarding the call, I get it, and sure wish the outcome was different. Reciever catches the ball rather than defender the chatter becomes how the Hawks surprised the Pats with a slant. And Carrol's reasoning makes at least some sense considering time remaining, time outs, and 3rd & 4th down coming up.

Patriots fans jumping and celebrating this week he way we Hawks' fans were with the win over Green Bay.

Looking forward to August. Go Hawks!

Myles B. Astor
February 2, 2015, 11:29 AM
Ok, I'm a huge Hawks fan, and knew it was going to be a competitive game. The Pats defender gets huge respect for reading the formation and jumping that route. I hear the comments regarding the call, I get it, and sure wish the outcome was different. Reciever catches the ball rather than defender the chatter becomes how the Hawks surprised the Pats with a slant. And Carrol's reasoning makes at least some sense considering time remaining, time outs, and 3rd & 4th down coming up.

Patriots fans jumping and celebrating this week he way we Hawks' fans were with the win over Green Bay.

Looking forward to August. Go Hawks!

But it wasn't just the call Bob but a pass over the middle on the goal line? You look at all the things that can happen and the bad outweighs the good 10:1. There are good gambles and bad gambles. That was the latter.

This game will go down in history as the Bonehead Bowl.

As an aside, was that halftime show like a bad acid trip??

Bobvin
February 2, 2015, 11:42 AM
I agree Miles. Extremely high risk factor throwing over the middle at the goal line. To the corner, perhaps; but over the middle? Goddamnit! Beast Mode would surely have gotten it done. I woke up a couple times last night thinking F___, they lost to the damn Patriots. Son of a ____. Then I thought what the players must be feeling. But it is sports afterall, somebody always goes home feeling like crap. This time its the Seahawks and their fans.

Myles B. Astor
February 2, 2015, 12:19 PM
I agree Miles. Extremely high risk factor throwing over the middle at the goal line. To the corner, perhaps; but over the middle? Goddamnit! Beast Mode would surely have gotten it done. I woke up a couple times last night thinking F___, they lost to the damn Patriots. Son of a ____. Then I thought what the players must be feeling. But it is sports afterall, somebody always goes home feeling like crap. This time its the Seahawks and their fans.

Yeah you have to go with the horses that got you there. Hey, the loss would be a little more palatable if the Pats had risen to the occasion and stopped Lynch twice on the goal line rather than throwing an interception.

And don't you want to run the clock down as far as you can? So even if the ball was dropped, you're giving the Pats the equivalent of another time out. But I guess this is what they call armchair quarterbacking! :)

Katoomer
February 4, 2015, 01:08 AM
Kind of a weird playoff run. Cowboys beat Lions cause pass interference doesn't get called. So then Green Bay beats Boys even
though Bryant makes amazing catch. next up Hawks win after G.B. dominates. Pats played a better game and won.
What goes around, comes around.

Big B
February 4, 2015, 04:51 AM
And no one has cried fix yet! :)
That play was too stupid to cry fix.

Big B
February 4, 2015, 04:54 AM
So it was Pete Carroll who called that?