PDA

View Full Version : ARC Galileo vs Reference

Mike
January 6, 2015, 11:40 PM
So what is supposed to sound better, the Galileo or Reference line from ARC? Is there a definitive answer?

mep
January 7, 2015, 08:50 AM
The Italians have created confusion in ARC's product line.

joeinid
January 7, 2015, 02:20 PM
Not considered "reference" yet costs more. Initial reports are really good but many are upset with the dichotomy. Just wait until the "Galileo Reference" series comes out :)

The Italians have created confusion in ARC's product line.

Mike
January 7, 2015, 02:27 PM
http://oldermommystillyummy.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/-TKs6uMZM0dU/TnyGpVLKYgI/AAAAAAAAARw/yV5dxGHGOfU/s1600/Confused-Image1.jpg

mep
January 7, 2015, 04:36 PM
It used to be that the Reference line of ARC gear represented the best gear they knew how to build at a particular price or power output point. It's not clear to consumers now where Galileo fits in the lineup as evidenced by this thread.

Mike
January 7, 2015, 04:42 PM
It used to be that the Reference line of ARC gear represented the best gear they knew how to build at a particular price or power output point. It's not clear to consumers now where Galileo fits in the lineup as evidenced by this thread.

A friend of mine called ARC and was told Galileo is below the Reference line. But someone else called and was told the opposite. Talk about confusion.

mep
January 7, 2015, 04:51 PM
A friend of mine called ARC and was told Galileo is below the Reference line.

Must have been an old ARC employee who answered the phone.

But someone else called and was told the opposite.

Must have been one of the new Italian employees that answered the phone.

:)

dlb2
January 7, 2015, 05:51 PM
Must have been an old ARC employee who answered the phone.

Must have been one of the new Italian employees that answered the phone.

:)

LMAO!!!

The Reference line look like it was done by engineers, the Galileo line looks like it was done by a group of designers.

highEndguy
January 7, 2015, 08:34 PM
Is a matter of Taste for both lines
But I prefer the GS150 in a heartbeat
I think They didn't spect that the new Amp will sound much better than the REF150

So much power and the finesse on how it handles it
I love it

Mike
January 7, 2015, 08:49 PM
I think They didn't spect that the new Amp will sound much better than the REF150

I love it

Thanks. But how much of that is attributed to those wonderful KT-150's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeinid
January 7, 2015, 08:52 PM
That's awesome Nelson. Does ARC give any indication on tube life in the GS-150? How many hours before replacement? Probably would sound great with my Strads too :)

I love it

mep
January 7, 2015, 08:55 PM
Thanks. But how much of that is attributed to those wonderful KT-150's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question Mike. Aside from the Italians raiding the parts bins of ARC gear from yesteryear and designing the chassis for the new gear, how much different are the circuits other than the KT-150 tubes?

joeinid
January 7, 2015, 08:56 PM
Probably not much :(

Good question Mike. Aside from the Italians raiding the parts bins of ARC gear from yesteryear and designing the chassis for the new gear, how much different are the circuits other than the KT-150 tubes?