December 28, 2014, 08:32 PM
I am in lust..............

fjn04
December 28, 2014, 08:53 PM
I am in lust..............

Very nice looking....

Cucumber_jones
December 28, 2014, 09:18 PM
These?http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/28/e48a1123489ee251dcfa5175866a4a72.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike
December 28, 2014, 09:24 PM
Beautiful! How do they sound? Can you describe them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mep
December 28, 2014, 09:41 PM
They have that 1950s/early 1960s furniture look that some speakers did (like old Bozak speakers).

http://audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=9031&stc=1

Cucumber_jones
December 28, 2014, 09:42 PM
http://www.audioshark.org/showthread.php?t=5653

Mike
December 28, 2014, 09:45 PM
What's retail?

Cucumber_jones
December 28, 2014, 09:45 PM
I think the box was inspired by the western electric 753.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/28/11a07321c85936110050bcffc6c31086.jpg

Cucumber_jones
December 28, 2014, 09:46 PM
What's retail?

11,000 usd if I remember correctly.

Mike
December 28, 2014, 09:47 PM
11,000 usd if I remember correctly.

Thanks. Not crazy.

Cucumber_jones
December 28, 2014, 09:48 PM
Dale was just over at my place maybe he will share his thoughts.

Katoomer
December 28, 2014, 10:15 PM
Dale was just over at my place maybe he will share his thoughts.

I'll pause the Bengals/ Steelers game to share my thoughts, Chris. I was at Chris's place on Friday to finally listen to his new speakers. They sound fantastic! A to die for midrange that is lifelike. Natural is the key word in describing them. Single driver does not provide a large amount of bass but Chris has them in his family room that is open to his kitchen, front hall and stairway so that is a huge area to try and fill. We listened to them thru his Montille and Aurieges but I brought along my Cortese as well. The Cortese opened up the top end and provided more detail thru-out. Acoustical music is off the charts. Don't buy these if you listen to ACDC. I'm pushing Chris to finish off his unfinished basement to provide a proper environment for these speakers to really shine. I'm a woodworker by profession and they are absolutely beautiful in construction and finish. Chris's set up is wonderful and he makes a mean espresso!

Paul
December 29, 2014, 02:07 AM
Dale. Just curious to know how you compare with the O/96 ?

Some one can post the driver behind the grille ?

Thanks

Cucumber_jones
December 29, 2014, 02:56 AM
Line magnetic 755a. The grills are not removable.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/28/129809e8c85cc3d43c93e1e7daf0d977.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/28/849e765d524ee32b88f5dcbfb4208032.jpg

mep
December 29, 2014, 10:15 AM
I'll pause the Bengals/ Steelers game to share my thoughts, Chris. I was at Chris's place on Friday to finally listen to his new speakers. They sound fantastic! A to die for midrange that is lifelike. Natural is the key word in describing them. Single driver does not provide a large amount of bass but Chris has them in his family room that is open to his kitchen, front hall and stairway so that is a huge area to try and fill. We listened to them thru his Montille and Aurieges but I brought along my Cortese as well. The Cortese opened up the top end and provided more detail thru-out. Acoustical music is off the charts. Don't buy these if you listen to ACDC. I'm pushing Chris to finish off his unfinished basement to provide a proper environment for these speakers to really shine. I'm a woodworker by profession and they are absolutely beautiful in construction and finish. Chris's set up is wonderful and he makes a mean espresso!

Dale-When I read the sentence where you said you are pushing Chris to finish off his unfinished basement followed by you saying that you are a woodworker by profession, I thought you were offering to come over and help Chris finish off his unfinished basement. ;)

Katoomer
December 29, 2014, 11:36 AM
Dale. Just curious to know how you compare with the O/96 ?

Some one can post the driver behind the grille ?

Thanks

They are not as dynamic and do not produce the soundstage the O/96s do. The A23's do provide a wonderful musical experience that is quite special on simple acoustics and vocals. I would say the O/s are a more versatile speaker. Being a single driver speaker the A23's are limited in their design but if you use them the way they are intended you will be rewarded. Chris's system is well suited to the 755's and sounds wonderful.

Katoomer
December 29, 2014, 11:42 AM
Dale-When I read the sentence where you said you are pushing Chris to finish off his unfinished basement followed by you saying that you are a woodworker by profession, I thought you were offering to come over and help Chris finish off his unfinished basement. ;)
I would most definitely help Chris with his basement once I have finished renovating my own kitchen. Chris just needs to pull the trigger and get started. He will have a wonderful listening room when it is done

Cucumber_jones
December 31, 2014, 08:31 PM
Dale has given me loads of advice about my basement and has offer his help. Very generous!

Just listening to the Beatles vinyl MONO box set on the a23 755a's and they sound great.

fjn04
December 31, 2014, 09:46 PM
Dale has given me loads of advice about my basement and has offer his help. Very generous!

Just listening to the Beatles vinyl MONO box set on the a23 755a's and they sound great.

I really like the NEW mono Rubber Soul, even with my tsd-15 Stereo cart. Just picked up Sgt. Pepper, but have yet to give it a spin. I would love to hear these with a comparable mono cartridge. Thanks guys, let's do it again next year.

Cucumber_jones
December 31, 2014, 10:30 PM
I am using my EMT stereo cart too. I have the stereo box and so far the mono box is much better.

vortrex
January 1, 2015, 08:10 PM
I listened to the new Beatles monos with a Kansui and Premium BE mono. It's better with the (much cheaper) mono cart.

fjn04
January 1, 2015, 09:06 PM
I listened to the new Beatles monos with a Kansui and Premium BE mono. It's better with the (much cheaper) mono cart.

That's great, especially since the Premium BE mono is so sanely priced. What table/arm are you using with the Miyajima? I had a Shilabe, which was fantastic on a friends Thomas Schick, but not so much on my Basis Vector arm. Cheers -Don

vortrex
January 1, 2015, 09:43 PM
That's great, especially since the Premium BE mono is so sanely priced. What table/arm are you using with the Miyajima? I had a Shilabe, which was fantastic on a friends Thomas Schick, but not so much on my Basis Vector arm. Cheers -Don

Garrard 301, EMT 997, Aurieges, Hashimoto HM7.