PDA

View Full Version : Davone

Penthouse-D
July 13, 2014, 03:14 PM
Now that I've parted with my beloved S5s, I need to find something for a smaller room. I am intrigued with Davone Grandes. Any thoughts?

Mike
July 13, 2014, 03:27 PM
Raidho D1's. Big sound from a little speaker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike
July 13, 2014, 03:28 PM
Harbeth 30.1

Paul
July 13, 2014, 03:43 PM
That's interesting looking speakers. Wonder how it sounds. How about the DeVore O/96 ? Or if you liked the Magico sounds why not the S1 or S3 ?

Mike
July 13, 2014, 03:54 PM
Q1?

socfan12
July 13, 2014, 05:16 PM
That's interesting looking speakers. Wonder how it sounds. How about the DeVore O/96 ? Or if you liked the Magico sounds why not the S1 or S3 ?

If you liked the house sound of the S5, this would be my suggestion as well, all depending on size of room.

I like the Harbeth suggestion as well if you want something smoother and perhaps a richer mid-range. Audio Physic makes some wonderful narrow baffled, floor standing speakers that work well in small rooms. Dynaudio as well. Lots of choices, just depends on what you are after.

apdoc2004
July 13, 2014, 08:17 PM
Now that I've parted with my beloved S5s, I need to find something for a smaller room. I am intrigued with Davone Grandes. Any thoughts?
If you are interested in Davone, you might want to talk to Chris Sommovigo of Black Cat audio cables (formerly Stereovox). Chris may be from the industry but he is a straight shooter who should have plenty of info on a niche/lesser known brand like Davone.
Anshul

Penthouse-D
July 13, 2014, 09:16 PM
I've heard them in NYC. The best I can describe them is "lush". They were being run with some SET low wattage amps and vinyl. I would probably drive them with a Rogers EHF200. I think I'd get a bit more "punch" out of them. Someone from TAS heard the combination at CES and said he was blown away. The article pops up if you google Davone Grande. Not that it matters, but they certainly look really cool. I don't think the S3s are physically that much smaller than the 5s. Thanks for the valuable input as always.