PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Benesch Arc Speakers

mep
June 4, 2014, 05:34 PM
Has anyone spent any time listening to the Wilson Benesch Arc speakers? If so, what are your thoughts?

MartinT
June 4, 2014, 05:52 PM
I've not heard the Arc, but having heard the ACT and top end Cardinal speakers several times at shows, I have to say that I am deeply unimpressed. Cold, hard, uninvolving would be my summary.

mep
June 4, 2014, 07:25 PM
Martin-Thanks for the reply. Hearing unknown speakers at shows and possibly unknown electronics driving them makes it hard to judge what the cause of the sound you are hearing at shows is really caused by. I have the Arc speakers on loan right now from a friend of mine until my new Nola KOs show up. I just picked them up today and have precious little time with them so far. I can say they don't sound cold or hard.

sharkmouth
June 5, 2014, 04:24 AM
I've got the Trinity speakers coming & 2 Torus Infrasonic Generators. I've heard both on separate occasions & both times I was impressed. The Trinitys' are very accurate & true to the source & with no crossover quite the experience.

tunes
June 5, 2014, 07:48 AM
I had the ACT for about 6 years and really loved them, not cold, great tonal balance, though they did not go that low. The trinity with torus combo is very good. Benesch showed with CH Precision in munich this year.

Petro85
June 5, 2014, 08:54 AM
id love to hear those luscious trinity monitors . with the fancy subs!!!!

mep
June 5, 2014, 04:01 PM
I had the ACT for about 6 years and really loved them, not cold, great tonal balance, though they did not go that low. The trinity with torus combo is very good. Benesch showed with CH Precision in munich this year.

I'm using them with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Arcade
June 7, 2014, 05:53 AM
Wilson Benesch can be extremely transparent and so the resulting sound will be very much gear and room dependant. I have the Trinitys and adore them. They are far from cold or hard, quite the opposite. I also heard the Endeavours at Munich and wasn't blown away as I'd hoped. And going back to my first point I'm sure it's the synergy between the gear and room, rather than the speakers. I'd love to hear them at my place!