PDA

View Full Version : ch app

tunes
May 21, 2014, 02:07 PM
Looks like CH had a prototype of their C1 app at Munich as well.
I'm trying to find out when it may be available but if anyone else knows, please share with us. I don't see anything on their website yet.

socfan12
May 21, 2014, 08:22 PM
Chris,

Spoke to Gideon today. He thought the ETA is around Sep of this year. On Android only first, then I guess iPad.

tunes
May 21, 2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the info Allen.

tunes
February 23, 2015, 09:22 AM
I understand the android app is available but i am hoping an ipad app comes along. I have not heard news of this yet. I use synology diskstation via my ipad for streaming with the C1.

socfan12
February 23, 2015, 09:07 PM
Chris, I couldn't find the app when I searched for CH Precision. Is there something else I should be searching for?

thx

tunes
February 23, 2015, 11:17 PM
Allen,
I don't use the android platform but if you do, or want to, i would get in touch with Gideon at Audioarts or email CH.
Launch is in spring but Gideon's got a beta running in his showroom already.
Chris

tunes
February 23, 2015, 11:23 PM
Allen, check out the dust & grooves blog post "digging in Ghana with Frank Gossner" on their website, dustandgrooves.com
You'll appreciate it with your interest in African beats :)
Chris

tunes
February 23, 2015, 11:25 PM
Anyone using this as controller? Did they come out with their iPad app? Curious any impressions, especially those that are using to stream music from NAS. Thanks!
Vjayh, are you using a c1/x1 combo? Speaks?

tunes
February 24, 2015, 09:52 AM
Vjayh,
The diskstation control app is actually very straightforward to setup and to use. I was a newbie at this (see earlier threads here and WBF re: NAS setup). It's very Intuitive. They did a recent update to it which i like. Clean layout. No doubt CH's own controller will be stellar as they don't do anything half-assed. I stream a combo of rbcd and recently ventured into the hirez world (kruder &dorfmeister's classic k&d sessions was the first for me). The modular layout & design of CH gear has allowed upgrading over time. PM me if you'd like some extra help setting up the app. There are several ASharks with the C1 that have shared tips (allen, howie, etc).
Chris