PDA

View Full Version : CH Precision Forum

Mike
May 13, 2014, 09:58 AM
CH Precision forum launched.

tunes
May 13, 2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks for setting up the CH forum Mike! Happy to contribute some CH experience here when i can. I'm a really happy C1 user. Like Howie, and thanks Howie for the advice, i was using the meridian id41 w/sooloos before.
Chris

Mike
May 13, 2014, 10:43 AM
You're welcome. Definitely CH is an up and coming company.

wisnon
May 13, 2014, 11:19 AM
And VERY nice guys. Very down to earth yet soo knowledgable. They were able to impart ideas to me about other products as well.
I have all the time in the world for them!

Mike
May 13, 2014, 11:25 AM
I just wish the Swiss gear wasn't so damn expensive over here. If they cut their prices in half, they would do more business and make even more money. I don't get it.

...ok....rant over.

wisnon
May 13, 2014, 12:12 PM
I agree.

I think CH may come out with a "budget" line in the future which will be about half the current product costs.

wizard
May 13, 2014, 02:56 PM
I've read that CH will release I1 integrated amplifier.

And a 0 series, more expensive than 1 series.

elegy
May 14, 2014, 05:50 PM
Nice to see CH represented here! Like Tunes, I am adoring my C1, X1 and A1 combo and just received the new CH interconnect and speaker wire Wizard High-End Audio Blog: CH Precision Link cables (http://wizard-highend.blogspot.de/2014/02/ch-precision-link-cables-made-by.html).
It's amazing how the wires have no personality and keep everything so focused and natural, a vast improvement over my Siltech. Everything just got faster and timing improved over what I thought was already perfect. It seems that the Siltech was contributing something to the signal whereas the CH wires carry no identity other than clarity and maintain high bandwidth which CH needs. I can't get over the way voices are produced - so incredibly natural and effortless…….

tunes
May 14, 2014, 07:00 PM
Elegy,
What are you connecting the c1 to with the ch interconnects? Any idea what the msrp is?

wizard
May 14, 2014, 11:36 PM
M1 it's not that expensive, 50% more than a A1 mono pair.

The cables are made by Argento.
The price is the same in balanced interconnects (no unbalanced) and speaker cables, 1m CHF 1900, +1m CHF 400.
Also a AC cable will be available.

I know from Florian Cossy that they are doing research on a state of the art dac, it could be called C0 or C2.
The technology will be brand new, never used in a dac before, but I think it will use FPGA processors instead of using dac chips.

elegy
May 15, 2014, 01:01 PM
I use the CH balanced interconnect from my C1 to A1 and CH speaker wires to my Zellaton's. The prices Audioarts gave me for NA are the same like Wizard's in Swiss CHF, taking into account currency exchange. Prices seem very fair to me considering what wires are selling for these days. Another thing that struck me about them was that they sounded great out of the box. In other words they did not need 1000 hours to break in. These are very resolving but smoooooooth and fast - like the gear itself. You can tell it's a consistent family sound...

1M BALANCED CABLE $2,275
ADDITIONAL METER $500
SPEAKER LINK -1METER PAIR $2,275
ADDITIONAL METER $500

veindoc
May 15, 2014, 01:25 PM
Elegy, would love to see your equipment lineup as part of your signature. You appear to have stuff very few of us get exposed to. thnx
Nick

elegy
May 15, 2014, 05:39 PM
Veindoc, I'll definitely do that soon enough but very simple: Zellaton Grand, and CH C1,A1,X1, D1 along with CH cabling. Been through a few changes recently but this is the stable lot. Didn't you report from CES that the CH-Zellaton room was one of your favorites? Maybe you can share with us your opinions as to why? It seems that all CH owners on this forum agree on common traits....

veindoc
May 15, 2014, 06:34 PM
the CES Zellaton room featured their reference speakers and played very good music. I actually went to room with Mike. At that price point plus top of the line monoblocks from CH it did many things well but no where as well as some of the many rooms in similar price point. I particular thought bass was just not what I prefer. However, as my space is much smaller, the grand may b an excellent choice to evaluate if I can make it to NYC.

Veindoc, I'll definitely do that soon enough but very simple: Zellaton Grand, and CH C1,A1,X1, D1 along with CH cabling. Been through a few changes recently but this is the stable lot. Didn't you report from CES that the CH-Zellaton room was one of your favorites? Maybe you can share with us your opinions as to why? It seems that all CH owners on this forum agree on common traits....

socfan12
May 15, 2014, 07:49 PM
Awesome, a CH Precision forum! Can't wait to get my gear so I can contribute!

Wow, a SOTA DAC. If the C1 is entry level, I can't imagine what the CH boys would do with a SOTA project!

wizard
May 16, 2014, 06:04 AM
At Highend 2014.

http://www.hifistatement.net/cache/multithumb_thumbs/b_0_0_0_10_images_content_events_14-05-16_highend_14-05-15_Highend-2014-HB_376.jpg

tunes
May 21, 2014, 01:58 PM
vjayh, closer pic of the M1 amp from Munich show :)

socfan12
May 21, 2014, 08:24 PM
Trade-ins picked up today and credit card swiped. Hopefully will see my CH gear this Friday!:exciting:

mdkim
May 21, 2014, 08:48 PM
Sweet Allen! I may have missed this elsewhere, but, will you be streaming via NAS or via transport/USB?

tunes
May 21, 2014, 09:00 PM
Trade-ins picked up today and credit card swiped. Hopefully will see my CH gear this Friday!

Two sleeps !
Anticipation :)
Friday will be here in no time Allen.

socfan12
May 21, 2014, 09:11 PM
Sweet Allen! I may have missed this elsewhere, but, will you be streaming via NAS or via transport/USB?

Streamer all the way, Michael. I really believe that's the way to go for digital, and reviews of the C1 suggest that's it's best interface.

Two sleeps !
Anticipation :)
Friday will be here in no time Allen.

I wait with bated breath, Chris! Will share feedback on the CH forum!;)

mdkim
May 21, 2014, 10:07 PM
Streamer all the way, Michael. I really believe that's the way to go for digital, and reviews of the C1 suggest that's it's best interface.

Agree on it being the way to go. I believe we're seeing the early stages of mass migration. Exciting long weekend for you!

MDP
May 22, 2014, 06:10 AM
Trade-ins picked up today and credit card swiped. Hopefully will see my CH gear this Friday!:exciting:

Congrats Allen, I'm depending on you for a formal review !

You must be going crazy with anticipation :exciting:

elegy
May 22, 2014, 04:58 PM
Allen, get ready for a very serious upgrade! Enjoy and we're all waiting to hear your impressions. And regarding the comment on hot environments, the A1 is always stable with a temperature gauge operating at all times(visible on the front display); this is an incredibly well designed amplifier....

socfan12
May 22, 2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks, Mark and elegy! I've never been so excited about two boxes in my life before! I really think these are special. Can't wait!

Elegy, curious, what's your first name?

yonjay
May 22, 2014, 09:44 PM
With A1, don't worry about heat.
This is not heating machine.
And you can see its working temperature at front display.
Sound is great without heat!

elegy
May 27, 2014, 11:44 AM
Allen sorry for the late introduction, my name is Serge, nice to meet you. BTW how is your new CH stack holding up?

joeinid
May 27, 2014, 12:08 PM
OMG! Congratulations Allen! I am so excited for you.

Paul
May 27, 2014, 12:40 PM

+10000000

socfan12
May 27, 2014, 08:47 PM
With A1, don't worry about heat.
This is not heating machine.
And you can see its working temperature at front display.
Sound is great without heat!

Welcome to AS, yonjay!:hi:

Do you happen to own any CH gear, the A1 in particular?

+10000000

Thanks, Joe & Paul! It's sweet gear! If you like the Job amp, you will LOVE this gear, the A1 amp in particular!:P

Allen, get ready for a very serious upgrade! Enjoy and we're all waiting to hear your impressions. And regarding the comment on hot environments, the A1 is always stable with a temperature gauge operating at all times(visible on the front display); this is an incredibly well designed amplifier....

Serge, very nice to meet you, too.:hi:

I actually haven't had a lot of listening time due to ailing father-in-law, hospital, yadda yadda yadda, so no full report yet. But from I've heard already, I'm absolutely loving it! More in a few weeks time after I get some more listening time in!

tunes
May 28, 2014, 10:46 AM
Allen,
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Hope things improve for him and your family.
Re: CH, congrats on the arrival. Not sure if you've already set up the c1 for streaming or if you're doing coaxial for now but even that is amazing. Was listening to Daughter's if you leave cd and a BIS cd recording (Suzuki Cello) this AM through coax. Looking forward to your impressions of the A1. I'm sure Gideon will offer whatever setup support required but feel free to pm me if you'd like re: c1 settings. I benefitted from both Gideon and Loris' (of CH) advice when updating the firmware.
Chris

socfan12
May 28, 2014, 08:54 PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the sentiments, appreciate it.:heart:

I used the C1 as streamer the minute I turned it on. I do use Coax to feed MOG from my Sonos player, but streamer via Ethernet board is the primary mode. Using Synology's own DS Audio app and UPnP server. The combo is solid, not great, but it does recognize high bit rate flac files, which has been awesome. It doesn't do DSD, though, so will need to upgrade to Minim server for that. I'm in no rush.

I saw your post on WBF about Zellatons. Thinking about a pair?:P

tunes
May 28, 2014, 11:14 PM
Cool! Good to hear you're streaming already! You're clearly way more proficient than me in the nas domain so i may be contacting you for advice :)
Zellatons are def on my radar but not in the near future unfortunately. Pretty content with the Amadis and i've some tweaking on the RtR side to take care of first.

socfan12
May 29, 2014, 08:56 PM
Feel free to contact me, Chris. Synology made it pretty easy. With the newer DSMs it looks like minim server comes bundled as a package, so you can stream DSF files pretty much out of the box. Unfortunately my NAS is so old I can't upgrade to the newer 5.0 DSM, so I think I have to load minim server manually or get a new NAS (with better cpu, memory, etc, which will help in general).

MDP
May 30, 2014, 07:15 AM
Allen, could you list your gear in your sig ? I can't remember it all.

Mike
May 30, 2014, 07:17 AM
Allen, could you list your gear in your sig ? I can't remember it all.

Check his Twitter account....it changes frequently. ;)

Right now he's going all Euro!

dlb2
May 30, 2014, 09:36 AM
Check his Twitter account....it changes frequently. ;)

Right now he's going all Euro!

LOL!!! :)

wisnon
July 3, 2014, 03:47 AM
For the CH fans.

I will be swinging by their HQ today to listen to their gear in the newly setup demo room with Stenheim speakers. if you have any particular questions for Florian, etc, let me know by PM.

tunes
July 3, 2014, 08:41 AM
Pm sent

For the CH fans.

I will be swinging by their HQ today to listen to their gear in the newly setup demo room with Stenheim speakers. if you have any particular questions for Florian, etc, let me know by PM.

wisnon
July 13, 2014, 06:36 PM
Teaser pictures….68716872

socfan12
July 13, 2014, 07:39 PM
Norman, thank you for sharing. What was the venue for these pics?

tunes
July 13, 2014, 08:07 PM
Norman,
These pics from your recent visit to CH?
I see the WBenesch cardinal and trinity standmount or vector? And Stenheim standmount? That's quite the CH system. What's with the blue tool/ parts drawer on the amp? Any news on the c1 control app release date? Thanks Chris

socfan12
July 13, 2014, 08:46 PM
Chris, I would've thought so too, but those brand flags are typical at shows and events, so I wasn't sure. :doubtful:

wisnon
July 14, 2014, 05:19 AM
Hahahah.

That is indeed the HUGE demo room at CH Precision HQ! The demo room is like 30% of the square foottage of the entire Office space, so these guys have got their priorities right. In any case, the office is for admin matters, customer relations and R&D development and testing. The factory is somewhere else and in any case, it's a network production system.

The banner is from Munich 2014 which they paid for, and wisely recycled into their own Demo room to help in room treatment matters, etc.

Funnily enough, as I was posting the picture I niced the blue box for the first time and wondered what it was. i will have to ask them now, as i didnt take notice while I was there.

I saw the alpha version of the app being used and chatted with the developer, who is a new addition to staff, though he consulted with them before (I think). The short demo looked flawless and I joked that it look ready now! They said there is more testing to be done and beta version should be ready by Sept and production version for this free app will be rolled out in VERY early 2015.

Finally yes, they have 3 WB speakers there, standmount, the Square and the Cardinal, as wll as a Stenheim standmount and a Vivid G2 (blue). I only heard the Stenheims and the Cardinal. Hopefully next time I can hear the Vivids, if they still have it.

wisnon
July 14, 2014, 05:31 AM
Some more teasers with Vivid.687368746875

Can you lift this Torroid??? LoL

wisnon
July 15, 2014, 04:04 AM
The speakers in the room were:
- Vivid Audio Giya G2
- Wilson Benesch Cardinal
- Wilson Benesch Vertex
- Wilson Benesch Square 5
- Stenheim Alumine 2-way

tunes
July 21, 2014, 11:20 AM
Was going to wait till after RMAF, but between Norman's pics and the increasing likelihood that i will miss Denver this year, i've dropped the card to order up the X1 psu. Couple weeks away but already excited :)

Mike
July 21, 2014, 01:44 PM
Was going to wait till after RMAF, but between Norman's pics and the increasing likelihood that i will miss Denver this year, i've dropped the card to order up the X1 psu. Couple weeks away but already excited :)

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wisnon
July 21, 2014, 06:39 PM

Ah foooey,,,blame the photographer!

Enjoy.

socfan12
July 21, 2014, 08:29 PM

Congrats, Chris! You've been busy!! Please let me know how you like the pairing!

tunes
July 21, 2014, 09:37 PM
Thx Mike, Norman and Allen.
Will report back after arrival and a chance to listen.
Chris

wizard
July 22, 2014, 03:43 PM
C1, D1, and X1 - The Ultimate Digital Source?

CH Precision (http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue74/ch_precision.htm)

tunes
July 22, 2014, 07:23 PM
Wizard, interesting read. Thanks for posting.
With one on order, I'm particularly interested in Nack's comments on the X1.

socfan12
July 22, 2014, 09:41 PM
Great article , wizard, thx for sharing.

Chris, please report back after you get her!

socfan12
August 3, 2014, 08:56 PM
A1 monos?! Niiice! I love my A1, I can only imagine how good the monos are.

I haven't grounded mine yet, but hope to do some at some point.

vjah, are you looking at any other CH gear?

socfan12
August 3, 2014, 09:05 PM
Very nice!

No C1 in the cards?

elegy
August 4, 2014, 09:37 AM
Vjayh - congrats! I started off with a single A1 but recently got one more as my Zellaton's really enjoy the power/current. Â I like using them in passive biamp despite getting less power because you'd be using the entire transformer for one channel so more current. What's the rest of your electronics and speakers? Also, I've discovered that high bandwidth wires are essential for a high bandwidth fast slew rate CH system. I was using very expensive Siltech and Kubala wires but something was off. The right wires will make a very big difference. I switched to older circa late 80's (probably worthless) MIT wires which were high bandwidth designs at the time - the improvement was startling but missing some resolution - so now to CH wires which is a tremendous step above - very very fast but musical....

elegy
August 5, 2014, 01:07 AM
CH speaker wires and CH balanced ic from C1 to amps and from phono stage to analog board on C1 - but will probably need more ic's once L1 comes in. What speakers are you using and rest of your electronics??

wisnon
August 5, 2014, 07:54 AM
You mean the CH Argento cables?

asiufy
August 5, 2014, 08:27 AM
Are they really high bandwidth, or just, being made of silver, more "open" than traditional copper cables, like Kubala?
I've had silver cables before (Argento, even). At first, they're very impressive, but with time, I came to regret getting them. Fatigue sets in very quickly. Today, I prefer a more balanced copper cable, like Kubala Sosna Elation...

alexandre

elegy
August 5, 2014, 09:17 AM
Yes, but to CH's unique specifications it seems - the CH speaker wires are unshielded and sound very balanced and open (also not crazy expensive). My dealer now has Schnerzinger wires in which are supposed to be on another level but very expensive so I'm scared to try it! You have the Trinity DAC and pre?! What are your impressions?

elegy
August 5, 2014, 09:19 AM
Asiufy I agree - I don't like silver cables - always a little hot... But these CH wires are copper unshielded designs

joeinid
August 5, 2014, 11:11 AM
Congratulations vjayh!

Looking forward to your opinion.

Well I got my A1 monos. Wow, setup options abound! Do any other A1 owners use with grounding device like Troy or Entreq? If so, curious how you setup- what is the connector type and which of the three did you use?

Looking forward to exploring all the options on these!

socfan12
August 5, 2014, 09:36 PM
Vjayh, which YG speakers do you have?

elegy
August 6, 2014, 12:05 PM
Vjayh, did you demo CH with Zellaton speakers? If so, was wondering your impressions of CH/Trinity with both brands of speakers.

wizard
August 8, 2014, 04:18 PM

At HK Audio Show 2014.

More pics of this and other setups at my Ultimate site.

Perfect Sense
August 8, 2014, 04:34 PM
Very impressive setup.

wizard
August 14, 2014, 04:18 PM
http://tinman.co.kr/board/data/cheditor4/1408/43b4184c45e7c5e5a30d8f14e7770033_q9sAJVuLpHSdoFxmR x1W8H7CpAs4L.JPG

wizard
August 14, 2014, 04:18 PM
http://tinman.co.kr/board/data/cheditor4/1408/43b4184c45e7c5e5a30d8f14e7770033_TzVnOy2ctdtzMkSWe X.JPG

wizard
August 14, 2014, 04:19 PM
http://tinman.co.kr/board/data/cheditor4/1408/43b4184c45e7c5e5a30d8f14e7770033_Pu6t4DNOHNr7zxh6n JNFl5.JPG

wizard
August 14, 2014, 04:19 PM
http://tinman.co.kr/board/data/cheditor4/1408/43b4184c45e7c5e5a30d8f14e7770033_ugzlWdk6dyTp2YNdg SrE6m.JPG

wizard
August 15, 2014, 02:53 AM
The next product in the 1 series will be P1 phono stage.
Size like L1.

And later will two series will be released; 0 reference series, and 2 cheaper than 1 series.

Perfect Sense
August 15, 2014, 02:54 AM
I spoke to Jean-Pascal at Stenheim speakers the other day. The speakers shown in Munich (together with CH Precision) was a special edition floorstander which might - or might not - reach Europe and the US.

tunes
August 27, 2014, 08:19 PM
X1 arrived at last on Friday and I installed it in the system Monday and have had a couple of days to let it settle in and listen. The CH gear build quality is really really good. The C1 is already fantastic whether coax from cd or better, the ethernet streaming option. With the X1, I let it play in the background for several hours before coming round to really listen.
Noise floor is amazing. Listened to wicked, full, rich fleshy Leonard Cohen on Ten New Songs. Lovely tone. Seems deeper than with the C1 alone. There is definitely more detail. Emmy Lou a little strident on a couple of tracks but palpably real on Evangeline. On the XX's coexist, i can now hear the ambient recording hall band amps hum on a few tracks. Anouar Brahem's Astounding Eyes of Rita, which is a great recording, is haunting, spacious and beautiful.
So far so good. I want to listen to some more jazz and some classical favourites but so far, I'm impressed with this external PS.

socfan12
August 27, 2014, 09:32 PM
Congrats, Chris! Sounds like a great addition!:audiophile:

Geshi
August 27, 2014, 10:46 PM
I've had mine about a month back and it's definitely a notch up. Much lower noise floor resulting in a cleaner, clearer and more transparent sound, more defined bass and a bigger soundstage on familiar recordings.Looking forward to a home trial of the M1 soon.

tunes
August 28, 2014, 11:07 AM
Allen, thanks. I know you're looking for an analog setup at the moment but keep the x1 on your radar. Agree with Geshi in terms of the description of the SQ with the x1. A side note. I noticed that after running 4-5 hrs yesterday, that the top was barely warm. Same on the C1.
Chris

wizard
September 23, 2014, 04:16 PM
Here's CH prices:

CH Precision C1 Euro 24,000
Option card analog input to C1: Euro 2,000
Optional digital input board for C1: Euro 2,000
USB-B to C1: Euro 2,400
Optional Ethernet card for C1: Euro 4,300
Sync tab for C1: Euro 1,150

CH Precision L1 : Euro 27,000

CH Precision D1 : Euro 29,000
Card digital-out for optional D1: Euro 2,000
Board analog-out option for D1: Euro 2,000
Board analog-out dual mono for D1: Euro 4,000 (pair)
Sync tab for D1: Euro 1,150

CH Precision A1 : Euro 27,000
Input analog buffer card A1: Euro 1,500

CH Precision M1 : Euro 80,000 (pair)

CH Precision X1 : Euro 13,500
Card for additional output X1: Euro 3,150

Cable CHLink 1 mt: Euro 1,150 (Euro 100 per mt. Additional)
XLR cable pair Euro 1750 to 0.5 mt, Euro 1900-1 mt (per meter plus 400 Euro)
Speaker wire pair Euro 1900-1 meter (any meter in most Euro 400)

Mike
September 23, 2014, 04:19 PM
Thanks Wizard. Beautiful gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hifidelitea
October 20, 2014, 10:53 PM
Had a C1 and D1 home demo about 3 weeks ago, truly an impressive 2 box system both from a built quality and very impressive sound quality. So much so I bought the D1.

As with every new component that is added to an existing systems, there will be inherent differences in the sound that one had never heard before...in this case, mids and highs are vastly improved - clarity, separation, focus, height and depth is more discernible. Can't say much about the base although it reached the lower frequencies better but sounded slightly boomy. The speakers was repositioned during the demo sessions, which was a pain as it has spikes on footers on marble floors. I think that the speaker position is not yet right and need tweaking.
Bryston BP26/MPS2 and three 14B SST, Audiomeca DAC and PMC MB2/XBD speakers completes the system.

joeinid
October 20, 2014, 11:50 PM
Welcome to the forum hifidelitea. Thank you for joining!

elegy
February 23, 2015, 06:09 PM
I asked a few hundred times the same question! - but I don't think it's happening anytime soon. The C1 has been out for a while but it's still the best I've heard - and future proof due to its construction...

bjorman
February 23, 2015, 06:37 PM
I asked Raph from CH a few questions about product developments at the Bristol show this weekend. I had seen a film of Florian Cossy discussing the zero series briefly. According to Raph this series is not due anytime soon. He did say that some work was being done on a new phono stage though [emoji3]

I feel precisely blind for this product at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wizard
March 1, 2015, 10:18 AM
A1 inside - the 1200VA transfomer.

http://audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=9989&d=1425219495

tunes
March 7, 2015, 08:50 AM
CH covered in Feb Hifi+ magazine.

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/ch-precision-d1-c1-and-a1-system/

socfan12
March 7, 2015, 09:18 AM
Nice review, Chris, thanks for sharing. I think Alan is spot on.:tup:

hifidelitea
March 18, 2015, 09:22 AM
Added the C1 last week to the system, bought some TAOC speaker spikes and component insulators, changed some power cords and interconnects and this setup is a huge improvement to what I thought was already a huge improvement back in October.
I also had a set of CH Precision speaker cables to demo and connected to the bass of the triamp system. The mid and treble still connected to the older cables that I am using. Big ass bass from the PMC's XBD's - tight, low, detail and snap.

I was wondering if anyone here uses different speaker cables in bi or tri amp mode to drive the mids,treble or bass due to the character of the system.

Here lies the problem with the pursuit of audio nirvana; when I posted this about 5 months ago, I thought "that's it, that's the end of my system setup". Then there's an itch and a nudge from family and friends, and the next thing, I end up buying the DAC after a home demo. And then more $ is poured in after comparing cables and finding out the Gryphon VIP Reference XLR brings out the missing details that I have not heard before in my system.
Next on my shopping list would be to replace all the cables, this will have to wait unfortunately.

Had a C1 and D1 home demo about 3 weeks ago, truly an impressive 2 box system both from a built quality and very impressive sound quality. So much so I bought the D1.

As with every new component that is added to an existing systems, there will be inherent differences in the sound that one had never heard before...in this case, mids and highs are vastly improved - clarity, separation, focus, height and depth is more discernible. Can't say much about the base although it reached the lower frequencies better but sounded slightly boomy. The speakers was repositioned during the demo sessions, which was a pain as it has spikes on footers on marble floors. I think that the speaker position is not yet right and need tweaking.
Bryston BP26/MPS2 and three 14B SST, Audiomeca DAC and PMC MB2/XBD speakers completes the system.

JackD201
March 18, 2015, 11:51 AM
I ordered the Argento made CH ICs for my incoming system (D1/X1, C1/X1, M1) because I want to get a feel for what C and H work with. While I really like my present cables they are all single ended because presently all my electronics on rotation are single ended (Lamm and KR). When it comes to speaker cables. I'm staying with the cables with which my loudspeakers (VR-9 SE Mk2s soon VR-11 SE Mk2s) are wired internally including the point to point wiring of the XOs since depending on how one looks at things the XO circuit starts at the amplifier output taps if you are using split XO/Bi/Tri-wire loudspeakers.

I went through a period where i mixed and matched solid core/stranded, silver/copper, etc. etc. Now I look to tune elsewhere. In an active system I'd just do that at the active crossover itself be it analog or DSP.

socfan12
March 18, 2015, 09:47 PM
Nice, some more C1 users! :tup:

Jack, congrats on the M1s! The A1 is turning out to be my favorite amp ever. I can only imagine how good the M1 must be.:exciting:

JackD201
March 18, 2015, 09:57 PM
Thanks Allen, I tell ya, I'm having a lot of sleepless nights waiting!

tunes
April 13, 2015, 11:20 AM
Vjayh,
It seems CH is waiting till their app release. I contacted Gideon, the NA distributor, about this and here is the response from CH,
"The target is to include DXD format support into the official firmware release that communicates with the proprietary CH control app. We estimate a few months away...."

bjorman
May 15, 2015, 07:14 AM
I have just visited the CH Precision - TechDAS - Wilson Benesch room at the Munich High End.

The CH Precision P1 is playing with the TechDAS AirForce 2 and WB Endeavour. Really amazing sound, the P1 sounds very promising.

Also WB have a new rack system, the R1 - the name and the design, to my eye references that of the CH. Looks really amazing!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/15/f85c06d5ab6fe90106bce69a050ec171.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/15/d0d43a2ebd364407a295439cae45927d.jpg

bjorman
May 15, 2015, 07:51 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/15/da0af2be3e6d0b49cfe4c54f58fdf36a.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/15/67a55554c5edd80391844214d1daf1d7.jpg

nicoludio
May 15, 2015, 09:07 AM
Thanks for posting the images, bjorman. Looks to be an interesting mix of materials and CF. Was there any indication of the retail price?

Did you also manage to catch a glimpse of the new WB floorstander being introduced in the Geometry series?

Perfect Sense
May 15, 2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks for posting the images, bjorman. Looks to be an interesting mix of materials and CF. Was there any indication of the retail price?

Did you also manage to catch a glimpse of the new WB floorstander being introduced in the Geometry series?

The retail price for the new R1 rack is set at £4950 for each base or additional tier.

The upcoming floorstander (still under development - looking absolutely amazing from the renderings) is scheduled for autumn.

Perfect Sense
May 15, 2015, 05:10 PM
More images from this room at the Munich show can be found here: http://audioshark.org/other-shows-139/high-end-munich-la-perfect-sense-stockholm-7413.html

nicoludio
May 16, 2015, 01:53 PM
The retail price for the new R1 rack is set at £4950 for each base or additional tier.

The upcoming floorstander (still under development - looking absolutely amazing from the renderings) is scheduled for autumn.

Thanks.

wizard
June 8, 2015, 04:20 PM
http://tas.zeitpress.com/resizer/articles/images/m1_1.jpg/?size=648,460

The following is a press release issued by Audioarts NYC.

Audioarts NYC and Elite Audio San Francisco are proud to announce the opening of Elite's new extreme high end audio dedicated listening room. With the West Coast's premier luxury showroom, clients at Elite will be able to experience Swiss perfectionist CH Precision electronics and Stenheim loudspeakers - along with Zellaton, the German pinnacle of loudspeaker design and long standing heritage. These lines are consistent with Elite's commitment to representing the world's finest brands and exposing its clients to an unparalleled level of European sophistication in fidelity and audio craftsmanship.

Elite Audio San Francisco is by appointment only:

Elite Audio Systems, Inc.
893-A Folsom Street
San Francisco, California 94107

Phone: (415) 795-1149
Email: info@eliteaudiosf.com
URL: Elite Audio Systems (http://www.eliteaudiosf.com)

wizard
July 30, 2015, 03:35 PM
http://audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=12321&d=1438284904

Odyssey
September 5, 2015, 07:23 PM
Interview w/ Florian Cossy CEO of CH Precision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y_oY5ZA9txU

wizard
November 27, 2015, 05:35 PM
At Guangzhou Audio show in China.

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12274696_522826551209124_858540979913843219_n.jpg? oh=01dfdfc5abb39048b710c7cf231460f2&oe=56EF35E2

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12299169_522826604542452_4128270173849663673_n.jpg ?oh=1b357178b712a3d413df8b25ee394299&oe=56E347E4

hifidelitea
November 27, 2015, 11:34 PM
At Guangzhou Audio show in China.

That is awesome, the China market certainly has the muscle to pull in the audio big boys, by being so close to HK also helps.

Happening in Singapore now is the 2015 International Sight & Sound Exhibition, which is a disappointment of display of earphones, phone audio gear, digital boxes, video and visual gear that is not really top of the line and very little real HIGH END gear to show for.

JackD201
November 28, 2015, 05:33 AM
What happened to the MOD DAC show?

Mike
December 27, 2015, 11:22 AM
The Valin review of the CH gear has created a lot of buzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madfloyd
December 27, 2015, 12:55 PM
Yeah, that review was puzzling... if the CH precision doesn't have the body of the Soulution, it must really be thin sounding because to my ears Soulution is ultra thin.

Perfect Sense
December 30, 2015, 05:23 PM
I've never heard Soulution sound anything like what most people would relate to typical tube characteristics. The same goes for CH Precision.

What's very relevant though in relation to the conclusions of this review is the fact that the Soulution 7-series is almost twice the price (in Europe at least) to similar models from CH Precision. The CH Precision C1 (DAC/Pre) and L1 (Pre) are actually closer to the models in the Soulution 5-series rather than the 7-series which Jonathan Valin uses for comparison.

tunes
December 30, 2015, 11:35 PM
I would be really interested to hear the Soulution 7 series next to CH.

From what I gathered from JV's review, is that he likes CH for some attributes and Soulution for others. This is par for the course at this level of gear IMO and why listener tastes, objectives and system synergies support a variety of brands to choose from. As a overjoyed CH C1/L1 user (no M1 in my future unfortunately) I am as subjective as others about their gear.

In addition to awarding the CH L1/M1 product of the year, Valin has lots of positive things to say about CH in the review.

"On the other hand, the M1/L1 bests the Soulution in resolution, treble extension, and overall control—by enough of a margin to make a sonic difference. Indeed, in these three respects the CH combo is highly reminiscent of Technical Brain’s incredible amp and preamp, which were the highest resolution, highest transparency, and (once again with the right speakers and the right source material) most realistic-sounding electronics I’d had in my system prior to CH Precision. (CH’s patent-pending bias-stabilization circuit—similar in principle to what TB does with its temperature-compensation bias circuit—may be the reason for this sonic similarity.)

Indeed, the CH gear may (repeat, may—I haven’t heard Naoto Kurosawa’s latest iterations) outdo Technical Brain electronics in transparency and resolution thanks to a tonal balance that comes as close to colorlessly neutral as anything I’ve heard, tube or solid-state. Neither slightly darkish like Soulution nor slightly lightish like Technical Brain, the M1 and L1 open a window on the music (at least with vinyl sources, the Audio Consulting Silver Rock Toroidal phonostage, and the Magico M Project/JL Audio Gotham loudspeakers) that seems to take in…everything—simply incredible amounts of blur-free low-level (and high-level) detail.

On the other hand, if you want to hear Dean Martin or the Juilliard Quartet or the Chicago Symphony Orchestra or Ry Cooder and his crew sound so “there” they’ll make you blink—if you want to hear what’s actually on recordings (and how those recordings were miked, engineered, and mastered) reproduced with virtually no editorialization—then you really ought to listen to the M1 and the L1.

I don’t want to hit this point too hard. The CH Precision M1 and L1 are world-class electronics—and, alongside the Soulution Series 7 components, my new solid-state references. Each marque offers a different set of virtues, just as the Magico M Pro and the Raidho D-5 do. On certain days I prefer one to the other, and vice versa. But the bottom line is I wouldn’t want to be without either."

Agreed that Valin hasn't lost his love for Soulution, just that he also seems to love CH. Reviews are often reinforcing for readers but as we know, at this level, personal demos are the way to go. Sure would be nice to be able to try out this top-drawer gear as a reviewer!

gian60
April 22, 2016, 08:34 AM
Dear all,
i listen last week in one shop near my home,in Italy,a demonstration with L1 P1 M1 with
Kronos Sparta,Esoteric Grandioso and Rockport Cygnus
This shop has also that i listened in same configuration different times with my records,
Pass XS and XS 300,Rowland Criterion and 925,Pandora and mephisto stereo,Esoteric grandioso C1 and mono m1,Convergent top line,Dan d'agostino,
but no one sound like CH.Too big was the difference for me in every parameters.

Regads
Gianluigi