As title said....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH5OIEpqrCM

http://www.tannoy.com/prestige/products/product_5/image-3_LR.jpg

http://www.tannoy.com/prestige/products/product_5/image-1_LR.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/bluemcintosh/Untitled-1.jpg

joeinid
April 13, 2014, 10:39 PM
Paul,

I am sure those are amazing speakers. You are a lucky man!

Paul
April 13, 2014, 10:41 PM
I just can't make a firm decision due to weigh and size.....

Mike
April 13, 2014, 10:41 PM
Paul - did you know Tannoy is in Kitchener/Waterloo? Their entire NA distribution is there.

I hope you enjoy them!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike
April 13, 2014, 10:43 PM
I just can't make a firm decision due to weigh and size.....

They are huge. Tell us about the sound.

Paul
April 13, 2014, 10:49 PM
Paul - did you know Tannoy is in Kitchener/Waterloo? Their entire NA distribution is there.

I hope you enjoy them!

Mike

No I didn't know that Mike. I should rent a cargo van tomorrow night ;)

Paul
April 13, 2014, 10:51 PM
They are huge. Tell us about the sound.

Best musical speakers I ever heard !!!

Did you read the Jeff's place review ?

Mike
April 13, 2014, 10:53 PM
Yes. I've thought about Tannoy's myself.

joeinid
April 13, 2014, 10:53 PM
Paul,

Do not pass up the opportunity of having those speakers in your home. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the room.

Paul
April 13, 2014, 10:57 PM
One of my cyber friend from Japan inspired me so much....

This is his house in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=889cAIBcT58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g34THu8UtAY

NorthStar
April 13, 2014, 11:00 PM
What is behind the grilles on both sides, vents?

* Nice music ♫ in those last two videos.

joeinid
April 13, 2014, 11:01 PM
Amazing Paul. What amp/preamp is your friend using?

mdkim
April 13, 2014, 11:01 PM
Would be fun to hear a pair of these beasts!

Paul
April 13, 2014, 11:04 PM
What is behind the grilles on both sides, vents?

http://audio-heritage.jp/TANNOY/speaker/westminster(3).jpg

dlb2
April 13, 2014, 11:06 PM
Hmmm... Tannoys. ;)

Paul
April 13, 2014, 11:12 PM
Amazing Paul. What amp/preamp is your friend using?

Quad II forty

http://www.hifiengine.com/images/model/quad_ii_forty_power_amplifier.jpg

Luxman D10 CD player and Nakamichi 1000p

Nothing fancy

joeinid
April 13, 2014, 11:23 PM
Sweet! OMG!

Petro85
April 14, 2014, 12:47 AM
i want a pair !!!!! those are sweethearts!!!
pull the trigger already :exciting:

Paul
April 14, 2014, 01:01 AM
i want a pair !!!!! those are sweethearts!!!
pull the trigger already :exciting:

Me too. However since they upgraded their model from SE to GR the price jumped up quiet high. 38 k to 50 K sigh

sharkmouth
April 14, 2014, 03:47 AM
You only live once & buy the same twice Paul. Do it!

MDP
April 14, 2014, 07:26 AM
Jump on those Tannoys Paul !

Feanor
April 14, 2014, 10:27 AM
Congrats. Spectacular ... though not at all like the Rogers LS3/5A

joeinid
April 14, 2014, 10:43 AM
Congrats. Spectacular ... though not at all like the Rogers LS3/5A

I've never heard the Rogers, how are they?

Petro85
April 14, 2014, 10:47 AM
i havent either but all the big time speakers in and out of pauls room and the rogers make it in his signature is saying something real good about them.lol.

Paul
April 14, 2014, 11:30 AM

Joe...Hear the voice on this LS3/5A with tube...so beautiful.....They still going strong after some what 40 years

BTW I bought my pair from a guy who owns 16 pairs of LS3/5A :) - No he is not a dealer.

joeinid
April 14, 2014, 12:33 PM
Hi Paul

Do you think the reissue or V2 Rogers speakers are either the same or worth considering?

Joe...Hear the voice on this LS3/5A with tube...so beautiful.....They still going strong after some what 40 years

BTW I bought my pair from a guy who owns 16 pairs of LS3/5A :) - No he is not a dealer.

Paul
April 14, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hi Paul

Do you think the reissue or V2 Rogers speakers are either the same or worth considering?

Nope it's complete different sounds. If you like voice better trying to look for a 15 ohms. But all around speakers are 11 ohms. Also No bi wiring version.

joeinid
April 14, 2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks

dlb2
April 14, 2014, 01:12 PM
Here's Paul in a couple of weeks...

http://www.avtime.co.kr/upfiles/product/2007/westminster_gallery_02.jpg

NorthStar
April 14, 2014, 01:13 PM
Wow, looking real good Paul! :cool:

* The TV with the rabbit antenna outside in the snow and the chair, ...that's for the nature lovers and TV watchers. :D

Paul
April 14, 2014, 01:55 PM
Here's Paul in a couple of weeks...

love it :)

I'm just wonder if the GR is worth the extra money....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4500648/Audio/Tannoy%20pair.jpg

dlb2
April 14, 2014, 02:12 PM
love it :)

I'm just wonder if the GR is worth the extra money....

When I first read this I thought you asked if the GF (girlfriend) was worth the extra money! :)

I don't know though, 38k to 50k is a lot of upgrade. I would find an SE pair and go from there.

NorthStar
April 14, 2014, 04:05 PM
When I first read this I thought you asked if the GF (girlfriend) was worth the extra money! :)

I don't know though, 38k to 50k is a lot of upgrade. I would find an SE pair and go from there.

For a new girlfriend?

sharkmouth
April 14, 2014, 05:14 PM

dlb2
April 14, 2014, 06:39 PM
Paul do you need to go straight to the top of the line? The Grand Poobah? What about the Canterbury's?

http://tannoy.com/images/AnimLarge/137-large-1.jpg

socfan12
April 14, 2014, 07:10 PM
Paul, you are picking out some awesome speakers! Definitely go for it!!!:snicker::audiophile:

Paul
April 17, 2014, 04:33 PM
My dealer is so kind enough to let me loan brand new pair of Canterbury GR speakers next week. I'm so excited.:exciting:

http://www.audiounion.jp/images/2013CTBNGR_ak.jpg

NorthStar
April 17, 2014, 04:38 PM
Wow, lucky you! ...And be careful, don't scratch them. :) ...You have pets; like dogs, cats, moose?

mdkim
April 17, 2014, 04:42 PM
Wow Paul! I would love to hear the Tannoy's one day. Have fun!

Paul
April 17, 2014, 07:54 PM
Wow, lucky you! ...And be careful, don't scratch them. :) ...You have pets; like dogs, cats, moose?

No Pets . Just two evils :)

Wow Paul! I would love to hear the Tannoy's one day. Have fun!

Thanks Michael. Can't wait :)

socfan12
April 17, 2014, 08:05 PM
Very nice! Look forward to your listening impressions!

joeinid
April 17, 2014, 08:17 PM
OMG! Congratulations! I can't wait for your opinion.

Dpod4
April 17, 2014, 08:39 PM
Love those

NorthStar
April 17, 2014, 09:00 PM
No Pets . Just two evils :)

You and the wife; does she have long nails? ;)

Paul
April 17, 2014, 10:15 PM
Very nice! Look forward to your listening impressions!

OMG! Congratulations! I can't wait for your opinion.

The Tannoy always has been in my dream speakers when I was young.( same as McIntosh ) I was just drool whenever I saw that combo. I guess now its about to make my dream come true. :)

MDP
April 17, 2014, 10:19 PM
A huge congrats Paul !!

You are the man !!

NorthStar
April 17, 2014, 11:40 PM
I can't wait for your comments Paul, in reference to The Music.

dlb2
April 18, 2014, 08:35 AM
I'm glad they're brand new. You wouldn't want to be buying somebody's scratch and dent seconds. :)

Can't wait to hear all about them Paul!

socfan12
April 18, 2014, 07:18 PM
So you pulled the trigger on the Tannoys, Paul?! Congratulations!!!:woot: What's going to be driving them?

Paul
April 18, 2014, 09:22 PM
No not yet Allen. :)

dlb2
April 18, 2014, 09:49 PM
The Tannoys and your tube amps Paul? Just write the check buddy! :)

Paul
April 18, 2014, 10:29 PM
The Tannoys and your tube amps Paul? Just write the check buddy! :)

OK Doug... Here is the latest shocking news :disbelief::panic::(:wacko:

My beloved the Vienna Acoustics the Music speakers has been pending deal.

Now I'm in deep sh*& . I'm thinking to sell all my McIntosh gears to go with complete different set up (depends on my choice of speakers. )

1.Tannoy or DeVore or Harbeth - I will go with the Shindo , Kondo or Allnic products.

2.Go with another audiophile speakers - may keep the Mc.

3.Retire from this hobby and stick with small system.

Big dilemma for me ever.

dlb2
April 18, 2014, 10:35 PM
I like door #1. In a few days time Steve will be posting his thoughts on some Allnic gear he is trying out. A phono stage and a 300b integrated I believe. You know where I stand...

Jack
April 18, 2014, 10:35 PM
Why not just go back to the Harbeths's you loved and be happy.

Paul
April 18, 2014, 10:39 PM
I like door #1. In a few days time Steve will be posting his thoughts on some Allnic gear he is trying out. A phono stage and a 300b integrated I believe. You know where I stand...

I know Doug....Well lets see when I get home audition on those beautiful Tannoy home next week.

Jack . Thanks. only 86 db is the problem coz I might ended up with set amp later.

Paul
April 18, 2014, 10:44 PM
Any DynAudio C4II sig fan in here ?

dlb2
April 18, 2014, 10:48 PM
That sounds like a good plan Paul. :)

Jack
April 18, 2014, 11:09 PM
Paul

I guess I just don't understand then. You had a setup with the Mac's and the Harbeths that you seemed to be happy with and then you got the "itch" and have been through multiple speakers that you quickly moved on. The rest of your gear has stayed the same though. If you want to blow it all up and start over then that is one plan, but you will still need to find "THE SPEAKER", first and the matching gear later. So it comes down to the Mac gear or the speaker. For me, I know finally the "speaker voicing" I like and I do that first and work the gear around it. You need to find what speaks to you and not be swayed by what goes on here or other forums. You know what you like and want to hear so, the quest is to find that and be happy no matter what else is going on around you. Just my opinion after years of searching and ending up back where I started.

joeinid
April 18, 2014, 11:19 PM
Great idea :)

Hey Paul,

I have 40.1's on order :exciting:

joeinid
April 18, 2014, 11:21 PM
Paul,

If you are serious, get the Tannoy and use Kondo to drive them. Done!

Mike
April 18, 2014, 11:27 PM
Paul

I guess I just don't understand then. You had a setup with the Mac's and the Harbeths that you seemed to be happy with and then you got the "itch" and have been through multiple speakers that you quickly moved on. The rest of your gear has stayed the same though. If you want to blow it all up and start over then that is one plan, but you will still need to find "THE SPEAKER", first and the matching gear later. So it comes down to the Mac gear or the speaker. For me, I know finally the "speaker voicing" I like and I do that first and work the gear around it. You need to find what speaks to you and not be swayed by what goes on here or other forums. You know what you like and want to hear so, the quest is to find that and be happy no matter what else is going on around you. Just my opinion after years of searching and ending up back where I started.

Well said. I don't think Paul gets swayed easily. He has always beat to his own drummer. ;). He usually does the opposite of what I suggest!

Your point about Mac gear or the speaker is a very interesting one. DynAudio and Wilson are good good matches for McIntosh (Wilson especially IMO) - but Paul has poo-pooed the Wilson suggestion. :). A pair of Alexia's would sure look good in his room and they sing like you can't believe with McIntosh 601's!

We Love You Paul! Just want you to be happy! :)

Paul
April 19, 2014, 01:31 AM
Paul

Jack. Thanks for your input. Yes I did enjoyed my time with the Harbeth and Mc combo really well. It was one of the best sounds in terms of Jazz and vocal. No doubt! Now I'm at stage that looking for a final station on my audio journey. I'm sick an tired of audiophile speakers. I mean their are so many wonderful speakers on the list in this forum ( such as Raidho D3 , Magico S5 , Revel ...etc) but what I'm really want is true musical speakers. It doesn't have to be airy detail or rattling bass I like to have the speakers that make think no other than Music. One day I was realized I'm not listening to music anymore I was actually studying the music. Even when I go to audition I was checking how this tweeter works and how low bass it can go... etc.

I don't want that anymore I've been discussed with Mike about this and I think I'm ready for that now.

Well.... We are all here with same passion about music and I'm going back to basic.

Build a musical system and speakers and hope I can find it this time :)

Paul
April 19, 2014, 01:34 AM
Well said. I don't think Paul gets swayed easily. He has always beat to his own drummer. ;). He usually does the opposite of what I suggest!

Your point about Mac gear or the speaker is a very interesting one. DynAudio and Wilson are good good matches for McIntosh (Wilson especially IMO) - but Paul has poo-pooed the Wilson suggestion. :). A pair of Alexia's would sure look good in his room and they sing like you can't believe with McIntosh 601's!

Hahaha Mike I love you too and you been great :).

I'm sure it's great with the WA & Mc and I did auditioned several times at the AudioExcellence.

As I mentioned above post I'm just looking for a little more musical speakers ;).

Paul
April 19, 2014, 01:35 AM
Great idea :)

Hey Paul,

I have 40.1's on order :exciting:

OMG........ You are killing me !

dlb2
April 19, 2014, 07:56 AM

But not too happy, because then we wouldn't be able to hear about all the different gear you move in and out! ;)

Mike
April 19, 2014, 08:08 AM
But not too happy, because then we wouldn't be able to hear about all the different gear you move in and out! ;)

True dat! But, speaker wise, it will hopefully slow down immensely. Nothing has sounded better than the Alexia's in my main room (Strads were a tie), and downstairs, a difficult room for many reasons, nothing has imaged better than the D3's (D1's were close).

As for Alexia's and musicality, they ooze musicality IMO. Paul just needed to hear them with his Mc gear in his home and he would be done.

I hope the Tannoy's fill that void. I heard them at RMAF and it wasn't my cup of tea, but I attribute that to the amp pairing. It was very bright sounding. Probably why you never read about that room in any of the RMAF 2013 "best of".

johnthomas
April 19, 2014, 05:43 PM
Having owned the Tannoy Canterbury SE. It was a very musical and cool looking speaker. One turn off of Tannoy is that you have to wax your new speaker yourself.

NorthStar
April 19, 2014, 06:35 PM
...Can always hire a stripper to do it for you, Paul. ;)

Mike
April 20, 2014, 06:50 PM
Paul - any update on the journey? Paul, I was thinking about your "audiophile speakers" vs "musical speakers". Interesting observation. Do you think horns could be the answer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

s4s4s4
April 20, 2014, 11:05 PM
You know, audio is a really tough Hobby.

It costs tons of money.
Dealers generally suck.
The room is the biggest variable.
More BS than fact out there.
I love the forums but sometimes they F us up more than the dealers.

I'm a dealer myself, just finished a bunch of negative talk, but man I love this hobby, and great forums like this one.

I would like to wish Paul all the best, tough decisions ahead.....

Paul
April 21, 2014, 12:20 AM
Mike I'm in dilemma right now. I might(50/50)..... Give up on this great hobby.

Paul
April 21, 2014, 12:25 AM
You Know, audio is a really tough Hobby.

It costs tons of money.
Dealers generally suck.

I'm a dealer myself, just finished a bunch of negative talk, but man I love this hobby, and great forums like this one.

Ha! what a coincidence.

joeinid
April 21, 2014, 12:27 AM
Welcome Mark,

Thank you for joining.

You Know, audio is a really tough Hobby.

It costs tons of money.
Dealers generally suck.

joeinid
April 21, 2014, 01:00 AM
Hi Paul,

I know you love McIntosh. Your enthusiasm has made me realize how wonderful it actually sounds and I've rediscovered it myself. You have and have had some great speakers. Any chance of thinking about the music. If I am not sure what to listen to, I just pick a streaming radio station, whether it's new age, smooth jazz or whatever and just let it play. It's all good. Don't think about the gear, just think about how the music makes you feel.

dlb2
April 21, 2014, 07:58 AM
Paul, you have to control the gear and not let the gear control you. I think we all go through periods of unsureness with our system. I find when it occurs to me I just find other things to do to help stop the obsessing. Eventually the world rights itself and all is good. Like Joe, lately I've been listening to a lot of music over the air. Not because I'm sick of my gear but it allows me to hear music that I don't own, yet.

Mike
April 21, 2014, 08:25 AM

We all go through feelings like that. You're probably chasing your tail. Wanting a certain type of sound, thinking these specific speakers will give it to you and then doubt creeps in.

I remember the happiest you were with your system was with the Elipsa's. You kept them a long while, posted some great videos on YouTube and seemed REALLY happy. Am I wrong?

I was in a similar situation after blowing up the 2301/Strad system - something I should have never done. That should have been my destination system. I've managed to eke out a few more percentages with my current system...maybe....but at what cost?

When I was in a similar situation, I decided to do two things: focus on the foundation of ANY great system first - power, room, sources. Second, turn to the music itself for guidance. There is nothing like a live concert to give you a guide. The rest will fall into place over time. Don't give up. This hobby offers a great escape from the daily grind we call life.

I think a lot of it comes down to trying to put a square peg into a round hole. You love Mc gear, as do I, but Mc doesn't pair well with everything. Find the speakers first, then worry about the electronics.

Paul - one last suggestion. Don't do anything rash. Come to RMAF this year. I'll go with you. Maybe even try to squeeze in the show in Chicago that is coming up soon. Money spent on attending the shows gives you a foundation upon which to build on and more importantly, what to really focus on. Ultimately: a plan with a budget.

At the end of the day, remember, we love you Paul and only want you to be happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MDP
April 21, 2014, 09:04 AM
Paul, I know you went through something like this last year. You were feeling down and not enjoying the hobby, and worse,you weren't enjoying the music.

You took a break from it all, I sent you a pm and told you that we missed you, you came back and were happy again.

Maybe you should take a break, breathe a little, relax, and remember why we are all connected ..............Music !!

Paul
April 23, 2014, 12:13 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/24/aze5uju4.jpg

Paul
April 23, 2014, 12:14 PM
http://audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=6049&d=1398269572

the professor
April 23, 2014, 12:17 PM
Wow!

dlb2
April 23, 2014, 12:24 PM
I was just thinking about this not five minutes ago. So......?

dlb2
April 23, 2014, 12:30 PM
Paul, don't forget to hook the Unison Research amp up to those beauties. :exciting:

(turn that Solid State stuff off!)

joeinid
April 23, 2014, 12:30 PM
Absolutely beautiful. So Paul, how does it sound?

MDP
April 23, 2014, 12:34 PM
:exciting::exciting::exciting:

Petro85
April 23, 2014, 12:39 PM
thats is awesome!!! congrats paul!!! how much those things weigh??

MDP
April 23, 2014, 12:53 PM
Paul, if you don't talk to us soon, we're all going to go nuts wondering how they sound !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
April 23, 2014, 12:58 PM
WOW!!! They look amazing. How do they sound?

hiro100
April 23, 2014, 01:04 PM
How wide is your room Paul?

joeinid
April 23, 2014, 01:15 PM
Paul,

I hope you are not still speaker shopping :)

Mechnutt
April 23, 2014, 01:41 PM
Awesome!

mdkim
April 23, 2014, 02:37 PM
Paul:

Those look sick in your room! Wow wow wow! How are the 275s sounding on them?

socfan12
April 23, 2014, 06:40 PM
Haha, so that's where you've been the last few days!:P

Congrats, Paul! The entire room looks awesome! The Tannoys, the tube amps, and the Mc gear all look so good together! Well done!

Please report back as how it sounds in your room!:audiophile:

Paul
April 23, 2014, 10:42 PM
thats is awesome!!! congrats paul!!! how much those things weigh??

Not much as my Music speakers lol 140 lbs each.

Paul, if you don't talk to us soon, we're all going to go nuts wondering how they sound !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark, Thanks I won't say anything until few more days of playing times ;)

WOW!!! They look amazing. How do they sound?

Mike. I appreciated your phone call today. I don't care what people say you are a good person lol ;)

How wide is your room Paul?

15 X 28

Paul,

I hope you are not still speaker shopping :)

Ha! Well will see.

Paul:

Those look sick in your room! Wow wow wow! How are the 275s sounding on them?

Thanks Michael. I'm planning to put them on weekend :)

Haha, so that's where you've been the last few days!:P

Congrats, Paul! The entire room looks awesome! The Tannoys, the tube amps, and the Mc gear all look so good together! Well done!

Please report back as how it sounds in your room!:audiophile:

Thanks Buddy ~!

Paul
April 23, 2014, 10:49 PM
Just few more pics :)

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2934/13986370772_7fe8db858c_b_d.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2910/13989594905_fa946c56b7_b_d.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/13986401901_b478e8fe6b_b_d.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7148/13990026694_efdc400910_b_d.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7014/13990034984_d27e53aefc_b_d.jpg

My Music speakers looks so tiny on the back lol

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7147/13986362092_853dc734c7_b_d.jpg

Paul
April 23, 2014, 11:15 PM
Paul, don't forget to hook the Unison Research amp up to those beauties. :exciting:

(turn that Solid State stuff off!)

Haha Will do Sir ~!

MikeCh
April 24, 2014, 12:26 AM
Wow Paul! The Tannoy's look incredible in the room. Waiting to read your impression of them............................hopefully sooner than later!

Paul
April 24, 2014, 02:22 AM
Oh boy. At 2:30 in the morning. Wide awake @-@ listening music.... Only two words for first impression so far...

LIFE LIKE sound.

MDP
April 24, 2014, 08:04 AM
Paul, I am SO very happy for you !!

RedSectorA
April 24, 2014, 08:13 AM
Paul, next purchase, a construction crane to move these puppies around. Man that must be very different to Die Music. Heard them at the show in Montreal a month ago, very lush sounding.

Congrats on your purchase!

dlb2
April 24, 2014, 08:32 AM
They look great in your room Paul. I guess the only thing left to do is to hang those pictures.

joeinid
April 24, 2014, 09:29 AM
Paul,

You are a lucky man.

johnthomas
April 24, 2014, 02:22 PM
http://audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=6049&d=1398269572

Paul,

Your room looks beautiful. Enjoy the Tannoys their timeless

sharkmouth
April 24, 2014, 05:44 PM
Paul, looking lovely in your room. Looks like a good place for the wife to put some pot plants too..... :snicker:

NorthStar
April 24, 2014, 06:05 PM
My Music speakers looks so tiny on the back lol

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7147/13986362092_853dc734c7_b_d.jpg

Wow, just wow! ...For the better Paul? ...In comparison to The Music speakers. ...Most likely different, more alive, more presence?
Best for Jazz, or Classical (Chamber, Orchestral), solo piano, solo voice with only few acoustic instruments?

joeinid
April 24, 2014, 06:18 PM
I would not care how they sound, so beautiful! :)

Paul
April 24, 2014, 06:22 PM
Paul, looking lovely in your room. Looks like a good place for the wife to put some pot plants too..... :snicker:

Kev. I always liked you :P

sharkmouth
April 24, 2014, 07:30 PM
Kev. I always liked you :P

Ha! Mutual! :D

Paul
April 24, 2014, 09:08 PM
Paul,

Your room looks beautiful. Enjoy the Tannoys their timeless

Hi John, Thank you I know you had a good time with your Tannoy :)

Paul
April 24, 2014, 09:10 PM
Wow, just wow! ...For the better Paul? ...In comparison to The Music speakers. ...Most likely different, more alive, more presence?
Best for Jazz, or Classical (Chamber, Orchestral), solo piano, solo voice with only few acoustic instruments?

Bob...It's little too early to say...What I loved about the Tannoy driver was the unforced natural bottom end - the big cones of the 15 inch driver made it the most natural and unforced bass I had ever heard - no technical gimmicks or crossover tricks - just natural acoustic principles.

Also It produced DEEP bass it goes pretty low but really DEEP. You will feel it with your heart not with ears.

NorthStar
April 24, 2014, 11:49 PM
I always believed that you need several systems (and mechanical/electrical reproducers - speakers) for various type of music, and emotional impact.
One system alone cannot fulfill all our complex emotional states.

For me true high-end is experimentation, changes, and variations. ...Audio dealers are best positioned, usually, towards those holy grail goals.
...And few other people (regular audio customers), like here at the Shark. ...People who take the time to explore several avenues by changing, listening to different audio gear and loudspeakers. It is an attribute, certainly not to be dismissed.

A reference system is one yet to be discovered, and to replace the one we had and have. ...Or to complement on its own by having its own space; another system from another room, like having few moving cars and bikes and trucks and planes and boats for various uses and all type of routes (pavement, air, and water). ...One good woman is good enough though, I think. ;) ...Yes, only one good woman.

Our roots are only deep as our sources and resources. ...And these speakers are not only gorgeous but they look beautiful in your room with your equipment and inspire great confidence in their sound. ...And that, only by looking at the pictures, reading from the fabricant, and reading from you, the serious listener. It rings right.

The Music I always have great esteem for, these Tannoys I'm growing fond of them.

* Feeling the "deep bass in my heart" sounds like a good recipe for the start of a very long and solid friendship. :)

Paul
April 25, 2014, 07:01 PM
Good Bye Vienna.....:(

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/asahebu7.jpg

Mike
April 25, 2014, 07:04 PM
GLWTS Paul! Bye bye audiophile sound, hello music!

NorthStar
April 25, 2014, 07:13 PM
Good Bye Vienna.....:(

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/asahebu7.jpg

Are you Musically serious! :disbelief:

joeinid
April 25, 2014, 07:27 PM
So Paul are the Tannoy keepers?

socfan12
April 25, 2014, 07:31 PM

+1! Inquiring minds would like to know!:doubtful:

NorthStar
April 25, 2014, 07:34 PM
That's what he just said.

I hope he's right; in the midrange.

RedSectorA
April 25, 2014, 08:12 PM
So now I'm the sole owner of The Musik around here from now on? Paul you will miss them.........

Paul
April 25, 2014, 08:19 PM
GLWTS Paul! Bye bye audiophile sound, hello music!

Sold and the buyer just picked up.

Paul
April 25, 2014, 08:19 PM
So now I'm the sole owner of The Musik around here from now on? Paul you will miss them.........

Yes You are Dan :) she was a good girl though

Paul
April 25, 2014, 08:20 PM

Still debating .... Maybe Westminster if I can fit them in my room.

Paul
April 25, 2014, 08:23 PM
Are you Musically serious! :disbelief:

Yes Bob. I know you loved the Music and so I did too. But it was time to go more musical sounds as Mike said. :)

MDP
April 25, 2014, 10:37 PM
:woot::woot::woot:

NorthStar
April 25, 2014, 10:40 PM
Sold and the buyer just picked up.

Who, Dan?

NorthStar
April 25, 2014, 10:43 PM
Yes Bob. I know you loved the Music and so I did too. But it was time to go more musical sounds as Mike said. :)

I am totally flabbergasted! ...Speechless. :tumbleweed: ...But it's all god if you're happy Paul.

Paul
April 26, 2014, 02:56 AM
I am totally flabbergasted! ...Speechless. :tumbleweed: ...But it's all god if you're happy Paul.

It took me an year to realized I am a boxy speakers guy......example as Harbeth,Tannoy,Spendor,ATC...etc

dlb2
April 26, 2014, 07:58 AM
Exciting times Paul. :exciting: What's next? Bye-bye MC601's, hello turntable? :)

Petro85
April 26, 2014, 08:45 AM
Exciting times Paul. :exciting: What's next? Bye-bye MC601's, hello turntable? :)
i was thinking it was time he tried these at 37wpc. sell a few more corvettes and the $140k a pair pricetag isnt so bad. lmao!!!! :hi:
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/pics/lamm_ml3_600.jpg

RedSectorA
April 26, 2014, 09:32 AM
Who, Dan?

Nope, one pair is good enough for me :satisfying:

Paul
April 26, 2014, 11:23 AM
i was thinking it was time he tried these at 37wpc. sell a few more corvettes and the $140k a pair pricetag isnt so bad. lmao!!!! :hi:

Ha! The McIntosh and Tannoy has been well known for great synergy so ok for now ;)

Petro85
April 26, 2014, 12:50 PM
Ha! The McIntosh and Tannoy has been well known for great synergy so ok for now ;)
im happy you are enjoying them. they are simply beautiful!!!! id love to hear them.

Paul
April 26, 2014, 01:00 PM
I would love to have you in my home :D

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 03:19 PM

Dan, I did not know, after all this time, that you were also a Vienna Acoustics "The Music" owner.
...Not only you ride a bike but you also ride a fantastic pair of speakers! ...No wonder you're a healthy man all around. ...And another Canadian too!
Go Habs Go! :)

Dan, ever considered a pair of Tannoy higher-end speakers? ;)

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 03:21 PM
It took me an year to realized I am a boxy speakers guy......example as Harbeth,Tannoy,Spendor,ATC...etc

VA "The Music" is also a boxy speaker. ...Boxy tower type.

RedSectorA
April 26, 2014, 04:44 PM

Dan, I did not know, after all this time, that you were also a Vienna Acoustics "The Music" owner.
...Not only you ride a bike but you also ride a fantastic pair of speakers! ...No wonder you're a healthy man all around. ...And another Canadian too!
Go Habs Go! :)

Dan, ever considered a pair of Tannoy higher-end speakers? ;)

Yep had them since last fall and I just love them, don't really understand why they are not more popular.

No Tannoys, Harbeth and Al. are not for me, not for the moment anyways. As much as I like the sound it doesn't capture my soul. To each is own I guess, I know Paul has always liked darker sounding speakers and that's good that he found his niche.

By the way Bob I don't ride my speakers but do listen to them alot, do love riding my bike though.

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 04:49 PM
Ok, last fall, somehow I missed that. ...Well they are popular with you and Paul, and me I don't own a pair or listened to them but they are still popular nonetheless from my various readings.

"Riding a good pair of speakers" for me means enjoying their reproduction after full break-up. :)

Enjoy your weekend Dan.

RedSectorA
April 26, 2014, 04:57 PM
"Riding a good pair of speakers" for me means enjoying their reproduction after full break-up. :)

Enjoy your weekend Dan.

Was just pulling your leg Bob, you know us Quebekers are good at doing just that. You too have a good weekend Bob. Hopefully some day you a listen to The Music.

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 05:00 PM
Ah, for a moment here I thought ... :D

* I saw that, the c with a cedille under it (a). ...Good replacement for 'can'?

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 05:13 PM
Paul must be enjoying his new speakers (high emotional listening level, with deep bass foundation) this afternoon.

RedSectorA
April 26, 2014, 05:35 PM
* I saw that, the c with a cedille under it (a). ...Good replacement for 'can'?

Looked too far on that one Bob, it's the bilingual spellchecker doing it's second guessing job. And wrong it was that time! :)

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 05:50 PM
It's new to me; like some jargon from underground. You're becoming like Deb*; with her guessing 'mystery' questions. :)

* I should check her out, on Facebook, and see what she's up to now. ;)

RedSectorA
April 26, 2014, 08:48 PM
It's new to me; like some jargon from underground. You're becoming like Deb*; with her guessing 'mystery' questions. :)

* I should check her out, on Facebook, and see what she's up to now. ;)

Bob, was on my cellphone when I wrote that to you. Cellphone spellchecker overrides what you write unless you force it into writing it, considering I have bilingual spellchecker it's always correcting in both languages (French and English) and anticipates and corrects what it thinks is wrong. Doesn't always do a good job unfortunately.

Not so sure Deb would like you comparing her to me, anyways physically I would take Deb anytime of the day over me ;) but hey I'm biaised

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 09:06 PM
a c'est bon maintenant; je comprends parfaitement.

RedSectorA
April 26, 2014, 09:13 PM
French keyboard, nice!

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 09:22 PM
No, just the guy typing.

RedSectorA
April 26, 2014, 09:26 PM
The cedille sh!T you can't do on an English keyboard.

Paul must be enjoying his speakers a whole lot, he's been quiet today...

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 09:38 PM
No, but I know the code: Alt+0199 --------- for
...And Alt+0231 --------- for
...And Alt+0228 --------- for ... like in Arvo Prt

Yeah, Paul must be happy, and I'm happy for him. ...Happiness sometimes transpires by an 'absence'.

RedSectorA
April 26, 2014, 09:55 PM
No, but I know the code: Alt+0199 --------- for
...And Alt+0231 --------- for
...And Alt+0228 --------- for ... like in Arvo Prt

Yeah, Paul must be happy, and I'm happy for him. ...Happiness sometimes transpires by an 'absence'.

Way to complicated for my little brain, that's like digital sound. ;) Analog baby!

(Yeah I'm pulling your leg again)

NorthStar
April 26, 2014, 10:33 PM
Just keep typing peacefully along on your smartphone Dan. ...Don't worry 'bout a thing.
...French, English, Latin, Italian, Indian, ...we're all Canadians living in North America anyway. ...Igloo territory.

Go Habs Go!

RedSectorA
April 27, 2014, 12:36 AM
Just keep typing peacefully along on your smartphone Dan. ...Don't worry 'bout a thing.
...French, English, Latin, Italian, Indian, ...we're all Canadians living in North America anyway. ...Igloo territory.

Go Habs Go!

Kind of funny you are the guy from Vancouver saying Go Habs Go and I'm the guy from Montreal, Hockey Mecca, not saying a word. I'm just one of the five guys in Montreal not interested in hockey.

Mark Jones
April 27, 2014, 09:45 AM
I'm in the GTA, Habs all the way for me..... ;-)

I heard Paul's Canterbury's straight out of the box, sounded damn good.

No such thing as the perfect speaker, tough decisions ahead for Paul.

At least he is probably having a fun weekend with what might be the most beautiful speakers on the planet, especially parked right next to those big blue meters.

joeinid
April 27, 2014, 09:57 AM
Welcome to the forum Mark!

Thank you for joining.

RedSectorA
April 27, 2014, 10:13 AM

At least he is probably having a fun weekend with what might be the most beautiful speakers on the planet, especially parked right next to those big blue meters.

Man the Habs are popular throughout Canada!

Welcome aboard Mark, yes Paul must be having lots of fun listening to music as he is awfully quiet right now.

Toobs
April 27, 2014, 05:48 PM
Paul
I sincerely hope your speaker journey has come to an end. As you may well know, there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. If a person can find speakers that make them listen to just the music and forget where it's coming from then(to me)that would be the perfect speaker.

Enjoy the Tannoys and hopefully they will bring you the magic that you seek.

Paul
April 27, 2014, 07:47 PM

Mark ~~!!!!! Wow.. I'm so glad to see you here.( Mike this is gentle man I was talking about on our last phone call )

Mark again I appreciated all your help and anybody needs the Tannoy , Bryston etc please contact him ...He is the best man I ever met :)

Paul
April 27, 2014, 07:48 PM
Paul
I sincerely hope your speaker journey has come to an end. As you may well know, there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. If a person can find speakers that make them listen to just the music and forget where it's coming from then(to me)that would be the perfect speaker.

Ditto. Thanks Bob

socfan12
April 27, 2014, 08:20 PM
Paul

Well said, Bob!

NorthStar
April 27, 2014, 11:26 PM
Kind of funny you are the guy from Vancouver saying Go Habs Go and I'm the guy from Montreal, Hockey Mecca, not saying a word. I'm just one of the five guys in Montreal not interested in hockey.

Thing is my blood is Quebecois, and Montreal is my party town. I grew up with the Montreal Canadians, and this is something you can never forget.
The West coast is now my home, for its splendid nature (mountains, trees, Pacific ocean, ...), but my hockey heart is in Montreal, plus much more.
I'm a true Canadian, and loyal to my sources.

Mark Jones
April 28, 2014, 12:33 AM
Mark ~~!!!!! Wow.. I'm so glad to see you here.( Mike this is gentle man I was talking about on our last phone call )

Mark again I appreciated all your help and anybody needs the Tannoy , Bryston etc please contact him ...He is the best man I ever met :)

Thanks for the kind words Paul.

Mark Jones
April 28, 2014, 12:47 AM
Thing is my blood is Quebecois, and Montreal is my party town. I grew up with the Montreal Canadians, and this is something you can never forget.
The West coast is now my home, for its splendid nature (mountains, trees, Pacific ocean, ...), but my hockey heart is in Montreal, plus much more.
I'm a true Canadian, and loyal to my sources.

Same situation for me too NorthStar. left Quebec at age 16 in 1980 and still call it home and I am unable to switch over to leafs. The only thing that is not the same for me, no beautiful mountains, trees and Pacific here in Ontario. I try to make it out way your every winter to hit the slopes or the summer and ride up Duffy Lake Road in Pemberton.

This is getting off topic, Long live Tannoy Dual Concentric, especially in Paul's sound room.... ;-)

NorthStar
April 28, 2014, 01:13 AM
Same situation for me too NorthStar. left Quebec at age 16 in 1980 and still call it home and I am unable to switch over to leafs. The only thing that is not the same for me, no beautiful mountains, trees and Pacific here in Ontario. I try to make it out way your every winter to hit the slopes or the summer and ride up Duffy Lake Road in Pemberton.

This is getting off topic, Long live Tannoy Dual Concentric, especially in Paul's sound room.... ;-)

Hi Mark, you can call me Bob. ...And welcome to a very friendly audio site.

I was born in Joliette, Quebec; forty miles northeast of Montreal, and lived there until age 20. I left for British Columbia in 1975 and live there since.
On weekends we went partying in Montreal, and went to the Forum also to watch hockey games, with Dad (may he rest in peace).
Our family, three boys, two girls, Mum and Dad; we were big hockey fans, and back then when I was living at Dad's home, the Montreal Canadians had some fantastic players (you probably remember too).

Anyway, this is still my team even if for many years I wasn't watching. And Tannoys goes along just fine with the Habs. :)

Mark Jones
April 28, 2014, 09:52 AM
I wonder if Paul will start a new thread, "I pulled the trigger on Tannoy" that would certainly be music to my ears. Not the best kind of music but still damn good.

RedSectorA
April 28, 2014, 10:13 AM
I wonder if Paul will start a new thread, "I pulled the trigger on Tannoy" that would certainly be music to my ears. Not the best kind of music but still damn good.

Do you mean actually take a gun and shoot the speakers? :ninja:

Mark Jones
April 28, 2014, 10:17 AM
Do you mean actually take a gun and shoot the speakers? :ninja:

That was vey funny.

Paul
April 28, 2014, 10:33 AM

Mark...The music coming out from Tannoy hits me hard but no pain. If I was looking for music to my ears I wouldn't sell any of my previous speakers. This Tannoy ...I listen with my heart not with my ears...period. Also leaves me smile on my face.

Mark Jones
April 28, 2014, 10:36 AM
Great reply Paul.... :-)

Petro85
April 28, 2014, 11:17 AM
Mark...The Music coming out from Tannoy hits me hard but no pain. If I was looking for music to my ears I wouldn't sell any of my previous speakers. This Tannoy ...I listen with my heart not with my ears...period. Also leaves me smile on my face.
thats great paul!!! im very happy that you finally found your speakers.
just too many choices out there, and less and less places to go hear them, makes finding the right pair very hard.

RedSectorA
April 28, 2014, 11:33 AM
Mark...The Music coming out from Tannoy hits me hard but no pain. If I was looking for music to my ears I wouldn't sell any of my previous speakers. This Tannoy ...I listen with my heart not with my ears...period. Also leaves me smile on my face.

Paul, you have to stop putting caps on The Music as you no longer own them.:P

Seriously I'm very happy you finally found your cup of tea, enjoy!

dlb2
April 28, 2014, 12:09 PM
Sounds like we have a winner!

So when do the O/96's arrive? :heart:

Paul
April 28, 2014, 12:15 PM
Sounds like we have a winner!

So when do the O/96's arrive? :heart:

That would be the speakers for the month of June.

Paul
April 28, 2014, 12:16 PM
thats great paul!!! im very happy that you finally found your speakers.
just too many choices out there, and less and less places to go hear them, makes finding the right pair very hard.

Paul, you have to stop putting caps on The Music as you no longer own them.:P

Seriously I'm very happy you finally found your cup of tea, enjoy!

Thanks Steve and Dan....Sorry I'm so used to put capital on Music. hehe

dlb2
April 28, 2014, 12:23 PM
That would be the speakers for the month of June.

That's right. I forgot it's every other month isn't it? Silly me. :)

Just having some fun buddy! Glad you like the Tannoy's.

NorthStar
April 28, 2014, 01:43 PM
Paul, you know what would be cool if possible and you don't mind too much? ...A short video with a tune playing through the Tannoys.

Paul
April 28, 2014, 01:45 PM
Paul, you know what would be cool if possible and you don't mind too much? ...A short video with a tune playing through the Tannoys.

Sure Bob. Would you prefer the SS or Tube ? And Song of my choice ?

NorthStar
April 28, 2014, 02:37 PM
It's all in your ballpark Paul; I didn't specify anything because I fully trust your own judgement. :)

Viva freedom!

Paul
April 29, 2014, 12:56 AM
It's all in your ballpark Paul; I didn't specify anything because I fully trust your own judgement. :)

Viva freedom!

Bob... I only have this crappy camera mic to capture the sounds so you will not hear the bass or any detail.

Here is the video for you :) oh..Please watch it with the highest resolution available on your computer.

sharkmouth
April 29, 2014, 01:53 AM
Paul, bout time you waxed them isn't it?

Rtan
April 29, 2014, 02:13 AM
They sounded very good with Mc amps. I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing Paul.

NorthStar
April 29, 2014, 03:04 PM
Paul, that is awesome! Thanks a bunch for taking the time and share with us. :cool:

* My resolution is 1920 by 1080p (2K). ...Sorry, I don't have an Ultra HD (4K) display just yet.

<<>> But the picture of your video is gorgeous, and the sound too (female voice and acoustic classical guitar) along with your room, your Tannoys, your blue lights, you, and your wife. :)

You did a tremendously beautiful job! :exciting:

Paul
April 29, 2014, 03:21 PM
Another one for you Bob. :D I like this one better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCAtLFmleUY&feature=youtu.be

NorthStar
April 29, 2014, 04:01 PM
I truly and sincerely love this Paul! ...You made my day!

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 04:50 PM
The system looks insanely good, gorgeous.

NorthStar
April 29, 2014, 04:53 PM
Mark, your system from your avatar is not too shabby either. ...Got a bigger picture emphasizing it under a 'luminous' perspective?

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 05:35 PM
Thanks Bob,

I will get some more pics up soon. But I do have a bunch of stuff coming over the next month or two.

Magico S1, S3, Q3
Tannoy Canterbury's
Allnic A5000 DHT mono's

joeinid
April 29, 2014, 05:58 PM
Paul,

WOW!

What an amazing setup. I love those speakers. Thanks you for posting the video.

Mike
April 29, 2014, 06:01 PM
Very cool Paul! Sounds like music to my ears!

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 06:08 PM
Ok everyone, lets take a vote.

a) Paul keep the Canterbury's they look gorgeous and are probably perfect for your room.

b) don't be a wimp, get the big guns, the Westminster's.

Mike
April 29, 2014, 06:12 PM
Is there a "c)"? :)

joeinid
April 29, 2014, 06:15 PM
B :scholar:

Mike
April 29, 2014, 06:16 PM
B and some sweet ass 300b amps.

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=Mike;71640]Is there a "c)"? :)

Well... I did actually have one but I took it out. But if you insist.

c) Tannoy? are you crazy, Magico S5's for sure

Mike
April 29, 2014, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=Mike;71640]Is there a "c)"? :)

Well... I did actually have one but I took it out. But if you insist.

c) Tannoy? are you crazy, Magico S5's for sure

I'm sticking with B. :)

Paul
April 29, 2014, 06:19 PM
Ha ! Mark what do you expect from these guys ??? Haha btw no way for your C option

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 06:22 PM
Ha ! Mark what do you expect from these guys ??? Haha btw no way for your C option

I know I know, just having fun... ;-)

Paul
April 29, 2014, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=Mark Jones;71643]

I'm sticking with B. :)

Mike knows me well :)

socfan12
April 29, 2014, 08:08 PM
I'd choose B: go big or go home! :D

dlb2
April 29, 2014, 08:11 PM
Stick with the Canterbury's and get yourself a nice turntable. :woot:

Paul
April 29, 2014, 08:21 PM
Mark. Since you brought this up why don't you give me an option B same price as option A ? Thank you and you are so generous.

RedSectorA
April 29, 2014, 08:24 PM
Stick with the Canterbury's and get yourself a nice turntable. :woot:

+1

Out of curiosity Mark can Paul's room take the Westminster? The room looks so small with the Canterbury.

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 08:34 PM
+1

Out of curiosity Mark can Paul's room take the Westminster? The room looks so small with the Canterbury.

That's the problem, I don't know and I am a little worried about it too. i have definitely been leaning towards Paul keeping the Canterbury's and saving a few pennies doing so, but you know Paul... :-)

RedSectorA
April 29, 2014, 08:38 PM
+1

That's the problem, I don't know and I am a little worried about it too. i have definitely been leaning towards Paul keeping the Canterbury's and saving a few pennies doing so, but you know Paul... :-)

Yes I do that's why I asked you Mark, LOL

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 08:44 PM
How I wish I had all the answers, that day will unfortunately never come I'm afraid.

Petro85
April 29, 2014, 09:00 PM

lmao!!!! i go with b too

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 09:09 PM
Man, 4 to 1 so far for door number two (B)

RedSectorA
April 29, 2014, 09:19 PM
Man, 4 to 1 so far for door number two (B)

Katching, Paul you better start selling a few 'Vette's soon as your big speakers are about to get bigger :cool:

Paul
April 29, 2014, 09:22 PM

That's it. Mark come and collect the check for Westminster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul
April 29, 2014, 09:25 PM
Katching, Paul you better start selling a few 'Vette's soon as your big speakers are about to get bigger :cool:

Dan... I thought we are good friend No ? je t'aime :heart:

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 09:25 PM
That's it. Mark come and collect the check for Westminster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya in 40 min !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul
April 29, 2014, 09:45 PM
Ok...I am about to pair them with MC275's for a first time...:skeptical:

RedSectorA
April 29, 2014, 09:45 PM

Dan... I thought we are good friend No ? je t'aime :heart:

LMFAO

Paul you got a big heart and we all love you for that. Enjoy the Canterbury's, or is it the Westminster! :eek:

Paul
April 29, 2014, 10:05 PM

OMG.....Alert : MC601's for sale :disbelief: Plus one MC275

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 10:06 PM

OK that's it, Paul's either offline for 5min or 24hrs.

Mark Jones
April 29, 2014, 10:07 PM
I was one min too late....

"OMG.....Alert : MC601's for sale"

Oh no, not the blue meters.

joeinid
April 29, 2014, 11:05 PM
You guys are having way too much fun!

MDP
April 29, 2014, 11:21 PM
Paul, My wish for you is to enjoy the music !

Paul
April 29, 2014, 11:33 PM
You guys are having way too much fun!

Feel free to join in Joe :D

Paul, My wish for you is to enjoy the music !

Mark your wish is already granted its just matter or choice . Thanks Mark as always.

RedSectorA
April 30, 2014, 10:26 AM
I was one min too late....

"OMG.....Alert : MC601's for sale"

Oh no, not the blue meters.

Anybody got a spreadsheet of everything Paul had in his possession at one time or another?

So now the 601 are going? and maybe one 275?

:skeptical:

Petro85
April 30, 2014, 10:58 AM
i was reading about the tannoys and it said a max amp power of 275w. think that was the cantebury model. the 601's are 600w!! lol. and obviously not the amps for that speaker. so the way i see it paul is either you need to get different amps for those speakers, or different speakers for those amps. lmao!!!!!!
have you tried the unison research integrated with those tannoys yet?? im sure the 275's would run nicely , and the unison. and a slew of other amps, but id suggest trying some low watt tubes. i was hoping you would at least find a pair of 300b's to test with them.
or if more power is your thing, a pair of the cary 211's that mike and jock run would be awesome as well. personally id try the 50w a-6000 allnics first.lmao!!!! but thats just me!!!
wow gives you alot to think about, best of luck with the choices. i think in your case testing more amps before you test more speakers is a definite.

Mark Jones
April 30, 2014, 11:50 AM
Are you saying Steve, I should have ordered the 6000's rather than the DHT's.

Maybe 6000's on the Cants and DHT's on the Wests, there you go.

Petro85
April 30, 2014, 12:12 PM

i cant say either because i have not heard them yet, but the a6000 @50w would be better i think with the speakers that range in the mid-low 90's in sensitivity, and the 10w a5000 would be better for the real efficient 100+ db speakers. but that is just my thoughts and not fact. i think the a5000 you are getting might be the best sounding of all of them.at least that is the "water cooler talk" on them. im presently thinking on a pair of speakers that are 101db and run at 16 ohms and can run with any amp. if i did that i would want to hear the a5000's more than the a6000's. but if i kept my present speakers(90db) which run 15w pretty darn good, id like to try the 50w 6000's.lmao!!!! its a confusing mess with some of these companies, and to just hear the right speaker with the right amp is hard to do.
plus the a6000's would cost me near $5k in sophia royal princess tubes!! cause they take 4 pairs to run @50w. yikes!!!! and after using their lower priced princess mesh plates, i would never want to run a 300b amp without sophias in it again.
and the 6000's excite me because they can run more of a wide range of speaker.
so basically i have no idea which is better im just guessing and listing the pros and cons of each .lmao!!!! one thing i know is i will buy some allnic amp eventually whether its the t1500 integrated and keep my present monos, or step up to the 5000 or 6000 i dont know yet. ive also been looking and liking the raven spirit ref 300b monos as well.

dlb2
April 30, 2014, 12:51 PM

Mark, if you order it, he will come. :P

Mark Jones
April 30, 2014, 01:00 PM

a Big LOL... ;-)

Paul
April 30, 2014, 01:28 PM

I like my new toilet papers.:)

http://www.freelanceapple.com/wp-content/woo_uploads/51-money.jpg

Petro85
April 30, 2014, 01:35 PM
lmao!!!!!

dlb2
April 30, 2014, 01:46 PM
Paul that's so yesterday. This is the new you...

http://www.outblush.com/women/images/2013/07/$100-bill-toilet-paper-big.jpg

NorthStar
April 30, 2014, 02:09 PM
I was thinking out loud; people from the outside are coming here @ the Shark to read some and they stumble into threads like this one for example.

1. Some react as saying to themselves; cool, this is a nice bunch of people from a very cordial and fun audio website. :cool:

2. Others; mmm, did I came to the right place to get serious answers to my serious questions... Usually that category of people don't have time to read deeper and further. ;)

3. What else; other type of reactions? :derf: :ninja:

Nah, just a fun bunch living life day to day.

Mark Jones
April 30, 2014, 02:13 PM
I was thinking out loud; people from the outside are coming here @ the Shark to read some and they stumble into threads like this one for example.

1. Some react as saying to themselves; cool, this is a nice bunch of people from a very cordial and fun audio website. :cool:

2. Others; mmm, did I came to the right place to get serious answers to my serious questions... Usually that category of people don't have time to read deeper and further. ;)

3. What else; other type of reactions? :derf: :ninja:

3. A bunch of weirdos.

Paul
April 30, 2014, 02:20 PM
4. Who cares.

All I know is we are like brothers ( of cause from different mothers ) I love our family in here at AS. ( The Best of the Best )

Mike
April 30, 2014, 02:24 PM
5. Ohhhh....this is where all the cool guys hang out!

NorthStar
April 30, 2014, 03:14 PM
3. A bunch of weirdos.

But they would be wrong thinking that Mark, as the entire community here is comprised of very intelligent individuals. :)
...Most probably the smartest ones from all over the Wide Web World (WWW). And it is obvious too; they live mainly to be happy, free, totally fulfilled by happiness and sweet music to their ears and hearts. ...No pressure, no stress, no discord, just sweet honey bee. :)

RedSectorA
April 30, 2014, 03:58 PM
5. Ohhhh....this is where all the cool guys hang out!

Let me expand on that one

5. Where the cool, rich, intellignet guys living in exotic places with all the chicks!

NorthStar
April 30, 2014, 04:03 PM

5. Where the cool, rich, intellignet guys living in exotic places with all the chicks!

Rich? Speak for you Dan. ...Rich in their heart ok though.

Mark Jones
April 30, 2014, 04:04 PM

That's more like it.

NorthStar
April 30, 2014, 04:11 PM
So Paul, what are you listening to today on them new Tannoys? :)

Paul
April 30, 2014, 04:12 PM
That's more like it.

With few exceptions ;)

NorthStar
April 30, 2014, 04:13 PM
Regarding with all the chicks?

Paul
April 30, 2014, 04:13 PM
So Paul, what are you listening to today on them new Tannoys? :)

I'm at work and got a choir practice this evening. :(

NorthStar
April 30, 2014, 04:14 PM
How many more years before happy retirement?

Paul
April 30, 2014, 04:15 PM
Probably another 20 years. :)

RedSectorA
April 30, 2014, 04:38 PM
Rich? Speak for you Dan. ...Rich in their heart ok though.

Speaking of myself; I'm really not cool, poor (everything invested in my sound system), intellignet (can't even spell for crying out loud), Montreal exotic? , all the chicks ( well been married for too long to count)

But hey it's the internet, the make believe world :cool:

NorthStar
April 30, 2014, 04:47 PM
I thought that intellignet was a small smart person. ;)

* In many audio forums many members spend/spent most of their money on music recordings and audio gear.
If it's truly our hobby it is simply logical, normal, and satisfying. ...Or we wouldn't be here in the first place.

RedSectorA
April 30, 2014, 04:56 PM

Lucky, I'm aiming for Freedom 95!

NorthStar
April 30, 2014, 05:02 PM

Wow, enjoy your working years; in harmony with music ♪ :)

After all, no matter what we do, working or not, young or old; we should always enjoy life freely with the people and things (music) we love. :heart:

Paul
May 1, 2014, 12:42 AM
I put the Auditorium A23 speaker cables on MC275's end for the first time. I purchased this without the audition. Is anybody using it ? If so how you like them ? Are they only good for the tube amp ?

Paul
May 1, 2014, 02:37 AM
Damn.... I cant sleep. Lol.

dlb2
May 1, 2014, 08:09 AM
I put the Auditorium A23 speaker cables on MC275's end for the first time. I purchased this without the audition. Is anybody using it ? If so how you like them ? Are they only good for the tube amp ?

Paul, I've been using A23 for a few years now. As far as I know they are still hand made using two different profiles of copper cable. I don't see why they couldn't be used for any type of amp but they were developed specifically for Shindo gear. They have a very natural sound to them and allow all the different textures of the music through. They seem very balanced to me as well. This may sound vain, but the thing I love the most about them is the way they look. The cloth sheathing is reminiscent of days past. They are very unique.

Here's a snippet from the importer:

Keith Aschenbrenner began experiments in the early 90's to find a suitable speaker cable to work with his then new line of electronics Shindo Laboratory. Mr. Aschenbrenner spent months with dozens of raw sample cables. After many, many late nights of twisting together various cables, trying many different configurations, cable contents, gauges etc. he came across an inherently musical configuration. 15 years later its still the most musically, harmonically and texturally rich cable we have found at any price. Inexpensive, handmade and awesome.

Paul
May 1, 2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks Doug. So far my impression is very positive. I just have to find the spade adapter. Like below. Do you happen to know who sell them ?

http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=87319

dlb2
May 1, 2014, 11:46 AM
Thanks Doug. So far my impression is very positive. I just have to find the spade adapter. Like below. Do you happen to know who sell them ?

http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=87319

Not offhand but I'll look around some and let you know.

Paul
May 1, 2014, 01:22 PM
I realized haven't post about the Canterbury Gold Reference yet so here are some information.

http://www.esoteric.jp/products/tannoy/canterburygr/img/main.jpg

http://michaelaldridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Tannoy-Prestige-GR-Canterbury-Pair.jpg

Never seen this binding posts

http://highfidelity.pl/foto_testy/1310/tannoy/25.jpg

http://www.adhf.fr/copyrighter.php?max_width=700&max_height=700&image=images/Image/fcanterburylife2_1394693471.jpg

Recommended amplifier power : 50 - 275 Watts

Continuous power handling : 140 Watts RMS

Frequency response : 28Hz - 22kHz -6dB

Sensitivity : 96dB (2.83 Volts @ 1 metre)

Nominal impedance : 8 Ohms

DRIVE UNITS :
Dual Concentric™ high frequency 51mm (2.00") with aluminium alloy dome, Alnico magnet system with Pepperpot Waveguide™
Dual Concentric™ low frequency 380mm (15.00") treated paper pulp cone with HE twin roll fabric surround. 52mm (2.00") round wire wound voice coil
Dispersion 90 degrees conical

CROSSOVER :
Frequency 1.1kHz
Type Bi-wired, hard wired passive, low loss time compensated 2nd order LF, 2nd order compensated HF.
Adjustment +/- 3dB over 1kHz to 22kHz shelving,
+2dB to -6dB per octave over 5kHz to
22kHz slope

CONSTRUCTION:

Enclosure type : Dual variable distributed port system

Volume : 235L (8.3 cu.ft)

Dimensions : 1100 x 680 x 480mm
(43.50 x 26.75 x 19.00”)

Weight : 63kg (139 lbs)

Finish Walnut veneer with solid

dlb2
May 1, 2014, 07:22 PM
Nice pics Paul. The binding post is different from what I remember. Wasn't there some crazy looking octopus thing before? So when are you going to wax them?

joeinid
May 1, 2014, 07:29 PM
They look stunning. :exciting:

:heart: