PDA

View Full Version : A Woo little Drool....

Mike
February 21, 2014, 05:10 PM
Woo Audio 234 ? Dream Machines | The High Fidelity Report (http://thehighfidelityreport.com/dream-machine/)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/22/ehu5etej.jpg

"This is endgame stuff. And because it’s endgame, anyone spending their hard-earned cash on the Woo Audio 234 will be getting a tremendous value in return, because they will never feel the urge (or need) to buy another front end for the rest of their audio lives (unless they’re neurotic types who can’t stop chasing all those magazine-made myths). As far as I’m concerned, the Woo Audio 234 Monobloc is like an original Ferrari Dino or a Lambo Miura — a simple, elegant, and undeniable classic.

It is cliché to say, but no less true, that I will feel no small amount of heartbreak as I send these back to Jack and Wei Wu – but I’m incredibly pleased to experience their magic. And if I happen to be in a position to buy a pair of these, you can bet I will, with no hesitation whatsoever.

This is endgame stuff, after all. True Dream Machines."

sharkmouth
February 21, 2014, 05:41 PM
Mike, great article. Nice to see some living the dream. Would love to have a listen to these & don't they look the picture, beautiful indeed.

dlb2
February 21, 2014, 10:51 PM
Beautiful amps Mike! :heart: Thanks for the link.

Dpod4
February 21, 2014, 11:10 PM
Those are truly end game products. So beautiful. One day I hope to hear them. I enjoyed reading the review. Thx for sharing.

Petro85
February 22, 2014, 12:21 AM
soooo what to drive with these?? 2w, 4w or 8w. i love these.lol. where can i hear them!!!

dlb2
February 22, 2014, 12:25 AM
soooo what to drive with these?? 2w, 4w or 8w. i love these.lol. where can i hear them!!!

Looks like they have two U.S. dealers. Audio Classics in Vestal, NY and, oh would you look at that... Audio Advisors here in MI. Just a quick 15 minute drive from me. Road trip Steve!

the professor
February 22, 2014, 12:30 AM
Jack At Woo audio is a class act. Hand made in NY.

I haven't personally heard these monos but have owned and heard a bunch of his product line. Great products.

annapolis Raider
February 22, 2014, 11:34 AM
Another Woo Owner/Fan here. Bought my brother one of his WA7 Amp/DAC. Woo Audio makes really nice stuff.