PDA

View Full Version : Share your spinners

A/V Solutions
April 5, 2013, 11:55 AM
Here is were I'm at currently, planning to add two more with in years end.....

Admin
April 5, 2013, 12:00 PM
Oh man...that's just not fair Jeff.

A/V Solutions
April 5, 2013, 12:01 PM
The rest of the tables....

51 52 53 54

Dpod4
April 5, 2013, 12:07 PM
Cool tables...what is the last one? Love the carbon fiber and wood mash up.

Is it fair to ask if left on a desert island, what 1-2 tables you would take with you??

A/V Solutions
April 5, 2013, 12:19 PM
Cool tables...what is the last one? Love the carbon fiber and wood mash up.

Is it fair to ask if left on a desert island, what 1-2 tables you would take with you??

The last one is a vintage Thorens TD-160 I did a few years back......the AMG :D

MDP
April 5, 2013, 12:21 PM
Jeff, is that AMG as good as I've been told ?

A/V Solutions
April 5, 2013, 12:34 PM
Jeff, is that AMG as good as I've been told ?

Its pretty darn nice IMO.....

Puma Cat
April 5, 2013, 08:46 PM
Jeff, leading the way! ;)

I'll post my three TTs here shortly.

A/V Solutions
April 5, 2013, 09:11 PM
Jeff, leading the way! ;)

I'll post my three TTs here shortly.

Someone has to do it :D......nice to see you here and looking forward to the pics.

f1 fan
April 5, 2013, 10:19 PM
Jeff...nice 'tables;)

Dave

A/V Solutions
April 5, 2013, 10:34 PM
Jeff...nice 'tables;)

Dave

Thanks Dave.....Welcome!

Dpod4
April 6, 2013, 11:26 PM
Good to know...I just picked up an AMG...will give my Clearaudio a run for its money!

A/V Solutions
April 6, 2013, 11:54 PM
Good to know...I just picked up an AMG...will give my Clearaudio a run for its money!

Congrats on the AMG, its awesome table......a bit different than the Clearaudio which is a nice table too, Happy Listening!

Dpod4
April 8, 2013, 12:53 AM
Jeff, how would you compare the AMG and the Innovation Wood?

Congrats on the AMG, its awesome table......a bit different than the Clearaudio which is a nice table too, Happy Listening!

A/V Solutions
April 8, 2013, 02:09 AM
Jeff, how would you compare the AMG and the Innovation Wood?

Darrin.....A brief discription:

The AMG is a touch warmer and full bodied, the CA hi-lights its upper freq more so, the detail side of things will seem a smidge further out front. The AMG upper freq range is softer than the CA but not lacking (think more refined) I think the AMG has slightly lower noise floor (musician appear from a blacker background). I enjoy both tables and both do well with many different cartridges.

Dpod4
April 8, 2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks, Jeff. I'm running the Clearaudio with a Benz LP-S which I think softens things a bit. I definitely wouldn't want things any leaner or more analytical tho so happy to hear the comparison.

Darrin.....A brief discription:

The AMG is a touch warmer and full bodied, the CA hi-lights its upper freq more so, the detail side of things will seem a smidge further out front. The AMG upper freq range is softer than the CA but not lacking (think more refined) I think the AMG has slightly lower noise floor (musician appear from a blacker background). I enjoy both tables and both do well with many different cartridges.

tonepub
April 8, 2013, 01:18 PM
Gotta get my studio rearranged and get some photos up soon...

A/V Solutions
April 8, 2013, 03:17 PM
Gotta get my studio rearranged and get some photos up soon...

Please do.....I hear you have a few TT's in the stable.

ohbythebay
April 11, 2013, 10:35 AM
I currently have 4 tables in my stable (stable of tables?..hmmm) though I have owned quite a few. I started refurbing and selling to friends in need and heck, I just love to play with them. I even make wood bases for some to dress them up (you would be surprised)

So the first four...

DIY - Do iT yourself self built table (made using a Dual EDS500 motor, platter and strobe) , AT1100 arm and an AT OC9/III MC cart
Dual 721 with custom base I built - AT150Mlx Cart
ATLP120 for a knock around and AT440Ml/OCC - Technics SL1200 and I share the cart with the ATLP120

The other pics are tables I have SPRUCED UP...:rolleyes:

A/V Solutions
April 11, 2013, 10:43 AM
I currently have 4 tables in my stable (stable of tables?..hmmm) though I have owned quite a few. I started refurbing and selling to friends in need and heck, I just love to play with them. I even make wood bases for some to dress them up (you would be surprised)

So the first four...

DIY - Do iT yourself self built table (made using a Dual EDS500 motor, platter and strobe) , AT1100 arm and an AT OC9/III MC cart
ATLP120 for a knock around and AT440Ml/OCC - Technics SL1200 and I share the cart with the ATLP120

Ohbythebay.....welcome and nice fleet of spinners.

Mike
April 11, 2013, 10:46 AM

So the first four...

Another vinyl fan! :)

ohbythebay
April 11, 2013, 11:01 AM
without a doubt ...Vinyl resurged for me about 2 years ago...I went from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat...LOL...I have not only purchased equipment but built things also - Like my phono stage, 1 turntable and a kick a$$ Record Cleaning machine....

It convienantly slide out of my main cabinet

The music room...My wife actually helped me

Mike
April 11, 2013, 11:05 AM
without a doubt ...Vinyl resurged for me about 2 years ago...I went from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat...LOL...I have not only purchased equipment but built things also - Like my phono stage, 1 turntable and a kick a$$ Record Cleaning machine....

It convienantly slide out of my main cabinet

The music room...My wife actually helped me

Very nice looking room and setup!

joeinid
April 11, 2013, 11:08 AM
What a great setup. Mike, and I think everyone else, is trying to get me into a TT setup. I said yes but I'm still a few months away from pulling the trigger. I am looking forward to it.

joeinid
April 11, 2013, 11:12 AM
ohbythebay,

I may need some advice on the whole TT thing.

f1 fan
April 11, 2013, 11:48 AM
Ohbythebay.....welcome and nice fleet of spinners.

+1...nice 'tables. Join us on the What Vinyl Do You Have On The Table thread.

Dave

Face
April 11, 2013, 12:56 PM
http://face.cleanandquiet.com/store/Striped%20Rega.jpg
This started as a NAD 533(Rega P2), but now has 3" of baltic birch ply added to the plinth, upgraded arm, cart, platter, motor, spindle, belt, etc...

A/V Solutions
April 11, 2013, 01:24 PM
Face......nice looking table, big improvements over the prior?

ohbythebay
April 11, 2013, 02:24 PM
ohbythebay,

I may need some advice on the whole TT thing.

Joe, just ask...

What kind of advice do you need ? Type, function, what fits with your current system ? Be glad to help.

In terms of setup, I have a handy Intro to Turntable setup video if you need that kind of help. 20 minutes long for the basic beginner. Probably could use an update and I am still planning a second video on IN DEPTH CARTRIDGE AND TONEARM ALIGNMENT past the basic setup

Video is on youtube here
http://youtu.be/CnskL8Pe6fk

ohbythebay
April 11, 2013, 02:25 PM
This started as a NAD 533(Rega P2), but now has 3" of baltic birch ply added to the plinth, upgraded arm, cart, platter, motor, spindle, belt, etc...

Beautiful !!! What arm is that ? I LOVE WOOD...LOL

joeinid
April 11, 2013, 02:29 PM
Joe, just ask...

What kind of advice do you need ? Type, function, what fits with your current system ? Be glad to help.

In terms of setup, I have a handy Intro to Turntable setup video if you need that kind of help. 20 minutes long for the basic beginner. Probably could use an update and I am still planning a second video on IN DEPTH CARTRIDGE AND TONEARM ALIGNMENT past the basic setup

Video is on youtube here
http://youtu.be/CnskL8Pe6fk

Thanks for the video. Awesome! When I get closer to getting a setup, I'll have a lot of help and really appreciate it.

jwhite613
April 11, 2013, 03:11 PM
Jeff... Love all the tables!!!

jwhite613
April 11, 2013, 03:13 PM
Bay... Nice collection of tables. Great to have another vinylhead here at the Shark!!! :)

jwhite613
April 11, 2013, 03:16 PM

Face... Beautiful work!!!

cmalak
April 11, 2013, 05:01 PM
Here's my rig although it has been out of commission for about a year due to busted cart which I have not yet replaced :(:

294 295 297

jwhite613
April 11, 2013, 05:08 PM
Here's my rig although it has been out of commission for about a year due to busted cart which I have not yet replaced :(:

294 295 297

Cyril... We need to get you spinning again!!! :)

ohbythebay
April 11, 2013, 05:12 PM

294 295 297

Another gorgeous table ! What cart are you trying to replace ? MM or MC ?

dlb2
April 11, 2013, 05:27 PM
Ooh, it's a Benz too. I've heard about a big delay on those from somewhere!!!

http://audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=297&d=1365713997

ohbythebay
April 11, 2013, 05:32 PM
Is this yours ?
http://www.lpgear.com/product/BENZMCGOLD.html

Very sweet ....I am running one of these
http://www.lpgear.com/product/ATOC9III.html

But LP gear is having a killer deal on the previous model..VERY detailed
...for about 60% of the cost

http://www.lpgear.com/product/ATC01.html

Face
April 11, 2013, 05:47 PM
Face......nice looking table, big improvements over the prior?
Thank you. Yes, the difference wasn't subtle.

Beautiful !!! What arm is that ? I LOVE WOOD...LOL
Thanks! RB301, and the veneer is ribbon mahogany.

Face... Beautiful work!!!
Thank you!

joeinid
April 11, 2013, 05:49 PM
Is this yours ?
http://www.lpgear.com/product/BENZMCGOLD.html

Very sweet ....I am running one of these
http://www.lpgear.com/product/ATOC9III.html

But LP gear is having a killer deal on the previous model..VERY detailed
...for about 60% of the cost

http://www.lpgear.com/product/ATC01.html

Rob,
I can see I need to learn a lot. Thanks for the links!

cmalak
April 11, 2013, 06:00 PM
Another gorgeous table ! What cart are you trying to replace ? MM or MC ?

Bay...my cart is the Benz Micro Glider SL. It along with most other Benz carts from the Ace on up has been back ordered for a while (over a year). Thanks for your comments.

cmalak
April 11, 2013, 06:02 PM

Jeff...I hear you.

f1 fan
April 11, 2013, 07:25 PM

+1...

Dave

MDP
April 11, 2013, 07:31 PM
+1...

Dave

+2

ohbythebay
April 11, 2013, 07:32 PM
Bay...my cart is the Benz Micro Glider SL. It along with most other Benz carts from the Ace on up has been back ordered for a while (over a year). Thanks for your comments.

Oh ..sorry !! The HIGHer end Benz...sweet...It looks to me like its nude....does it come like that ? Sorry to hear its out of commission ...been there...

I looked too..why so many places (all really) out of stock ? The manufacturer limits the stock ?

cmalak
April 11, 2013, 09:52 PM
Oh ..sorry !! The HIGHer end Benz...sweet...It looks to me like its nude....does it come like that ? Sorry to hear its out of commission ...been there...

I looked too..why so many places (all really) out of stock ? The manufacturer limits the stock ?

Bay...Yes it does come like that and I tore the cantilever right off about a year ago with my LP brush :( As to Benz inventory or lack thereof, I believe it has to do with them being a very small shop and having more demand than they can deal with, although, it does not seem like they have the same issues keeping inventory in Europe and Asia, so I am not sure what the whole story is there. I do know the US importer has had issues with them for a while. They have been quoting me a year turnaround to do a retip on the cart. I may just have to bite the bullet and either do a Soundsmith retip which will change the sonic character of the cart or go with something like the Dynavector 20X-2 for now until I can pony up for a hgher end cart. We'll see.

ohbythebay
April 11, 2013, 10:31 PM
Bay...Yes it does come like that and I tore the cantilever right off about a year ago with my LP brush :( As to Benz inventory or lack thereof, I believe it has to do with them being a very small shop and having more demand than they can deal with, although, it does not seem like they have the same issues keeping inventory in Europe and Asia, so I am not sure what the whole story is there. I do know the US importer has had issues with them for a while. They have been quoting me a year turnaround to do a retip on the cart. I may just have to bite the bullet and either do a Soundsmith retip which will change the sonic character of the cart or go with something like the Dynavector 20X-2 for now until I can pony up for a hgher end cart. We'll see.

Sorry Cyril..I do feel your pain..

A while back I ordered an AT cart you can only get in Japan (AT33PTG/II)...Took 4 weeks to get here. Mounted and the suspension was collapsed. The seller was great, I shipped it back and he immediately sent me another ...I had it two days and had a loose wire...and did the dumbest thing ever...used a soldering iron on the terminal clip and wire..without taking it off the cart !!! Smoked. Spent another 600 for a new one...two months...suspension failed...I contacted AT and they dont warranty ones purchased overseas.

Bottom line, AT stepped up and said they would replace it and gave me a choice ..another AT33 from Japan (3 week wait) or they would let me have a US Model - the AT OC9/III...I took door number 2 ...been working fine...

Reason I feel your pain is I know what its like to not have the cart and to feel like your have a rock and a hard place...Best of luck..If I see the Benz available I will be sure to let you know !!!

cmalak
April 11, 2013, 10:36 PM
Sorry Cyril..I do feel your pain..

A while back I ordered an AT cart you can only get in Japan (AT33PTG/II)...Took 4 weeks to get here. Mounted and the suspension was collapsed. The seller was great, I shipped it back and he immediately sent me another ...I had it two days and had a loose wire...and did the dumbest thing ever...used a soldering iron on the terminal clip and wire..without taking it off the cart !!! Smoked. Spent another 600 for a new one...two months...suspension failed...I contacted AT and they dont warranty ones purchased overseas.

Bottom line, AT stepped up and said they would replace it and gave me a choice ..another AT33 from Japan (3 week wait) or they would let me have a US Model - the AT OC9/III...I took door number 2 ...been working fine...

Reason I feel your pain is I know what its like to not have the cart and to feel like your have a rock and a hard place...Best of luck..If I see the Benz available I will be sure to let you know !!!

Thanks Bay and that's quite a back and forth yourself but glad things worked out for you.

jwhite613
April 12, 2013, 03:44 PM
Everyone... Here are my two!!!

VPI Classic I

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m624/jwhite0613/69f3fbd8-3229-4ba3-929d-b949eb593fd2.jpg?t=1365795823

Denon DP-61F

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m624/jwhite0613/9f87e086-ee50-459b-9dc5-1a728da06a4b.jpg?t=1365795696

A/V Solutions
April 12, 2013, 05:25 PM
Your spinner shows its almost ready for side two :D Nice table......

audio.bill
September 19, 2013, 03:52 PM
Here are some quick shots of my current analog rig: Nottingham Analogue Dais table, Origin Live Enterprise-C arm, and Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge.

Petro85
September 19, 2013, 04:19 PM
Looks sweet !!!! What type of phonostage you running with that bronze ?

audio.bill
September 19, 2013, 04:52 PM
I run the Audia Flight Phono, which has plenty of gain for low output MCs without the use of any step up transformers. I have a strong preference for fully active gain stages.

Petro85
September 19, 2013, 05:05 PM
Yea those are really nice a friend of mine had auditioned that and loved it. Have t talked to him in awhile , I'm not sure if he bought it or not.

MusicDirector
September 19, 2013, 06:01 PM
The rest of the tables....

51 52 53 54
I like the last one here with the wood and carbon fiber.

MusicDirector
September 19, 2013, 06:03 PM
Here is were I'm at currently, planning to add two more with in years end.....

Now what in the world is that 4th one here? Combo cleaner and TT?

audio.bill
September 19, 2013, 06:21 PM
MD, the fourth setup pictured I believe is a Clearaudio Innovation Wood table, with their tangent tracking arm on the right and their Universal pivoted arm in the rear. Very nice to have so many superb choices!

MusicDirector
September 19, 2013, 07:17 PM
MD, the fourth setup pictured I believe is a Clearaudio Innovation Wood table, with their tangent tracking arm on the right and their Universal pivoted arm in the rear. Very nice to have so many superb choices!

Oh, so it's a traditional pivot arm and a linear tracker? Too weird for me.

A/V Solutions
September 19, 2013, 10:30 PM
Oh, so it's a traditional pivot arm and a linear tracker? Too weird for me.

What's weird about a Pivoted and LT arm on the same table?.....

Bobvin
September 19, 2013, 11:31 PM
My rig... at least in its current incarnation. AMG, Benz LP-S, Einstein Turntable's Choice phono.
We have an offer on a home in Portland, OR. and figuring out the music room is high on the list. I have to figure out what to do with this room:
It is set up as a home theater, and there's a wall of glass behind the picture taker, so its probably going to take a total remodel to get it right.

Petro85
September 20, 2013, 12:06 AM
Nice setup!!! Wall of glass huh? Good luck, it's a nice size room, should be awesome when it's done

MusicDirector
September 20, 2013, 01:18 PM
What's weird about a Pivoted and LT arm on the same table?.....

Just weird to me personally. If one arm always performs better than the other, why have both? Then again I also think those 3-arm tables are weird too. I'm not a fan of LTs to start, but set up on that rig must be next to impossible or takes a week or something. Mind you, it is a pretty table without question, I just would not want one personally due to that reason and more.

A/V Solutions
September 20, 2013, 09:28 PM
Just weird to me personally. If one arm always performs better than the other, why have both? Then again I also think those 3-arm tables are weird too. I'm not a fan of LTs to start, but set up on that rig must be next to impossible or takes a week or something. Mind you, it is a pretty table without question, I just would not want one personally due to that reason and more.

Fair enough.....for me its really not a matter of one arm performing better than the other but more so how they differ sound wise from each other and having many stereo, mono and SPU cartridges gives the option of running as many of these combinations on each table with convenience. LT arms can be quirky with their set ups, they take a bit more effort to get right but when you do all is good. Bottom line is many own multiple cars, TV's, Cameras, guns, knives, eat beef ten different ways, etc.....

audio.bill
September 20, 2013, 09:58 PM
Glad I was able to jump start this thread that had been sitting idle since April. Come on Sharks, let's have some more details on your analog gear of choice!

Petro85
September 21, 2013, 12:37 AM
My analog gear is still on the west coast. Hopefully be flying east anyday now.
But I will enjoy looking at others tables cartridges, tonearms, phonostages. All my favorite things !!!!!
I much prefer to hear and read a d look at those things than amps and pres and speakers.

Petro85
September 21, 2013, 03:39 PM
eat beef ten different ways, etc.....
LMAO!!!!

Satch
September 27, 2013, 03:39 PM
My vinylplaying pride and joy:

highEndguy
September 27, 2013, 04:01 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/8ygu9y6e.jpg

Petro85
September 27, 2013, 04:33 PM
Nice guys!!!! Like that goldmund studietto!!!!
Nelson those cantons are beauties!!! When you get those magicos you can sell them to me :D
What kind of cartridge you running on that amg?

highEndguy
September 27, 2013, 08:07 PM
Nice guys!!!! Like that goldmund studietto!!!!
Nelson those cantons are beauties!!! When you get those magicos you can sell them to me :D
What kind of cartridge you running on that amg?

Steve,
I'm using Benz but I have it locked on my mind for the Goldfinger
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Petro85
September 27, 2013, 08:17 PM
Goldfinger !!!! Yikes .lol
That would be some setup!!!! I'd have to come hear it. Lol

socfan12
September 27, 2013, 08:20 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/8ygu9y6e.jpg

Love your setup, Nelson! I can only imagine the beautiful music that system makes!:audiophile:

highEndguy
September 27, 2013, 08:23 PM
Thank you Allen
I'm very proud of my system

volks
September 27, 2013, 09:19 PM
My spinner is the Music Hall MMF-9.1 fitted with a Goldring Eroica LX low output moving coil cartridge, triple plinth design ......this is a great Combo that i have enjoyed since i owned the TT :)

highEndguy
September 27, 2013, 09:41 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/6uma7ary.jpg
With a custom made maple platform

Petro85
September 27, 2013, 11:16 PM
Sweet tables guys!!! This is my favorite thread now. I love looking through tables!!!
Hey Nelson what is that base made out of , is it just solid maple all the way through ?
Or does it have a rubber or sand center?
Can you snap some pics for me on your phone and bring em Tuesday? Of like the feet and the thickness , and the top. I'd really appreciate it. I'm making some of these and am very curious .

Skroudo
September 27, 2013, 11:45 PM
My sweet sweet VPI Scoutmaster II 3311

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/aqanuqep.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/myju9ymu.jpg

dlb2
September 28, 2013, 10:04 AM
Michael, Josh those are sweet tables guys! I love the look of that Fosgate phono stage.

highEndguy
September 28, 2013, 10:21 AM
Sweet tables guys!!! This is my favorite thread now. I love looking through tables!!!
Hey Nelson what is that base made out of , is it just solid maple all the way through ?
Or does it have a rubber or sand center?
Can you snap some pics for me on your phone and bring em Tuesday? Of like the feet and the thickness , and the top. I'd really appreciate it. I'm making some of these and am very curious .

Solid maple my friend
And you have your first client right here, because I like perfection and your hands are what I'm looking for

I will take HQ pictures for you

Petro85
September 28, 2013, 10:37 AM
Michael, Josh those are sweet tables guys! I love the look of that Fosgate phono stage.
Agreed Doug!! I really liked the fosgate !! I needed the money to get into my preamp so I sold it for $1000. Was sorry I did. Although I prefer the overall sound of the mc step up in my preamp the fosgate offered a lot more setting and adjustability than my present setup. And with NOS tubes it was very nice indeed!!!
I hate selling phonostages , I want to keep them all and switch up from time to time.
Wish I knew you then I would have made you buy it because for $1000 it was an outright steal!!!

Solid maple my friend
And you have your first client right here, because I like perfection and your hands are what I'm looking for

I will take HQ pictures for you

That's awesome Nelson !!! Thank you we will talk cause I got some great drawings and some great ideas. I've been studying isolation and resonance control and found some great raw materials.

Dave
October 3, 2013, 04:33 PM
Here's my Technics 1210M5G. I don't care what anyone says, this thing sounds damn good. :cool:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pOGV_uNmkcg/UgBiOSH-LhI/AAAAAAAAAFI/lnsRggLKJJs/s1600/LV1_4052.jpg

Skroudo
October 3, 2013, 07:38 PM
You should not care!
I'm sure it sound amazing. What is the cartridge you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mike
October 3, 2013, 07:46 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/04/anenemuv.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/04/9egymety.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/04/esa2usez.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/04/de4u8eqe.jpg

Skroudo
October 3, 2013, 07:51 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/04/anenemuv.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/04/9egymety.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/04/esa2usez.jpg[/IMG
][IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/04/de4u8eqe.jpg

Beautiful !!!!!

Mike
October 3, 2013, 07:52 PM
Beautiful !!!!!

Thanks!

Petro85
October 3, 2013, 08:00 PM
Awesome pics!!!! Love turntable porn!!!

dlb2
October 3, 2013, 08:44 PM
That's sweet Mike! Nice Lyra. :woot:

Dave
October 3, 2013, 09:18 PM
You should not care!
I'm sure it sound amazing. What is the cartridge you use?

Thanks, haha. Sure, the cartridge is the Audio-Technica AT150MLX.

AT150MLX Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge || Audio-Technica US (http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/cartridges/699a33304468ed99/index.html)

Jin
October 6, 2013, 03:24 PM
Love a good pic thread! Here's mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD