PDA

View Full Version : Biz trip To US (Jan 2014)

Jerry Seh
February 1, 2014, 07:24 PM
Many times I have been to the US for biz trip, but this 3 weeks stay will really brings back warm memories for years to come.

In the past, its always been zoom in - then zoom out, although it may be 2 weeks of stay, plus of course the usual shopping at the factory outlets and vinyl hunting. This time, its been more - at least, I get to savour the fantastic (and a little too rich) true blue American Food and seen places that I missed all these while.

So, like to share some of the moments.

1. Breakfast (food and place)
2. Monterey Bay (whale watching)
3. Dinner (Sam's Chowder Place @ Half Moon Bay) - this place really, really good. To me, their clam chowder bettered a lot of places, Fisherman Wharf's inclusive. Not to mention their Paella is so well done, so good. Yummy. OK, its bad for health, full of cargo. Drop the rice base, go for the shellfish and more! That should do!
4. Cheesecake Factory's Signature Red Velvet (to die for)
5. RedWood Park. The trees are simply ... picturesque. The walk through the park is really worth it!
6. Watching sunset at Huckleberry Hill. Wow! Never know I am so "romantic" to do such a thing. Getting old!

Promise myself I will do much more in my next trip. So much to see and I never knew all these years. And thats only California.

Cheers!

sharkmouth
February 2, 2014, 12:46 AM
Jerry, good stuff & great to see you are enjoying life. Hows the weight? :)

Jerry Seh
February 2, 2014, 08:58 AM
Jerry, good stuff & great to see you are enjoying life. Hows the weight? :)

Bad! From 96KG (April) dropped to 88.1KG in Nov 2013. When back, surprise to find I am UP by almost 1 KG to 89.1. Need to go back to some serious diet as doctor instructions is that I must try to hit 80KG by June.

cmalak
February 2, 2014, 10:25 PM
Jerry...glad you enjoyed your visit with us in the States. How's the new system sounding? It must be killer! Hope all is well.

Jerry Seh
February 3, 2014, 07:42 AM
Yup Cyril. The new system is indeed a killer. Something I was worried about as the Meridian Combo had set a high standard, which seriously had me convinced then it would be the "last". When I am freer, will post a detailed write up on the system.

sharkmouth
February 3, 2014, 05:35 PM
pics too. :coolyeah:

Jerry Seh
February 4, 2014, 10:49 AM
pics too. :coolyeah:

I had posted before ... here's the link.

http://audioshark.org/audioshark-members-systems-101/now-i-am-really-horny-2618.html#.UvD9nHkwOG8

Cheers!

MDP
February 4, 2014, 11:20 AM
Jerry, I looked at your system pics again, and I must say what a beautiful setup you have !!!!

Congrats !!

Jerry Seh
February 4, 2014, 11:32 AM
Jerry, I looked at your system pics again, and I must say what a beautiful setup you have !!!!

Congrats !!

Thanks Mark. From your "signature", you have a very nice system too! Cheers!