PDA

View Full Version : Esoteric K-03 on the way!

Jeffkad
April 18, 2013, 11:24 PM
Somebody had to initiate the Esoteric forum, so I just ordered a K-03 so I could be the first one:D

Can't wait to hear what this beast sounds like:)

Dewster
April 18, 2013, 11:26 PM
Wow congrats Jeff!!! We need lots of pics when you get a chance..:D

joeinid
April 18, 2013, 11:30 PM
Congratulations Jeff!

NorthStar
April 18, 2013, 11:47 PM
Cool Jeff, I've heard lots of good things about that player.

Mike
April 19, 2013, 12:42 AM
Excellent Jeff!!

bart
April 19, 2013, 12:51 AM
Jeff, a huge congrats!
Now the painful but sweet waiting can start...

NorthStar
April 19, 2013, 01:03 AM
I've also read somewhere that it comes on a crate, and that you need a forklift to transport it! :what: :amazing:

'cisco
April 19, 2013, 01:08 AM
Congrats Jeff.....can't wait for the pics. :woot:

Rtan
April 19, 2013, 01:58 AM
Congrats Jeff...look forward for some feedback.:woot:

Tremayne
April 19, 2013, 07:12 AM
Congratulation Jeff, I'm hoping to listen to the K-01 and/or the K-03 next week. I'm looking forward to your impressions.

joeinid
April 19, 2013, 12:09 PM
Congratulation Jeff, I'm hoping to listen to the K-01 and/or the K-03 next week. I'm looking forward to your impressions.

Colin,

I look forward to your feedback on the Esoteric. I know what rocky a road the past year or so has been. Please keep us posted.

bart
April 19, 2013, 12:35 PM

Great Colin, I'm looking forward to your impressions too.
And if possible, compare them to the 089 Burmester. :audiophile:
Thank you!

Toobs
April 19, 2013, 12:53 PM
Congratulations Jeff:superbanana: Methinks you're gonna be very happy:D

Jeffkad
April 19, 2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks everyone. I can't believe how fortunate I am to be able to make this investment, and i never lose sight of how blessed i am, and we all are. (Sorry for getting a little mushy. The recent tragic events have made me quite reflective). My system has, in a short years time, catapulted from good to great, and this will complete a full revamp from speakers to amp to preamp and now source. Funny thing is, as I type, I'm listening to my system with my mightily little Oppo BDP95 and wondering how does it get much better than this??? The sound is really incredible and I question why I'm even needing to make this last upgrade. Guess I will know next week, plus another 500 hours of break-in, lol.

PS- on a side note, the Krell S-1200 is unbelievably good as a preamp. Krell has taken a bit of a beating over the past few years, but they clearly still know how to make great sounding equipment.

joeinid
April 19, 2013, 05:00 PM
Jeff,

Yes, we are all very lucky to have what we have and more importantly share this fun hobby with each other. Thanks for all your valuable input.

Thanks everyone. I can't believe how fortunate I am to be able to make this investment, and i never lose sight of how blessed i am, and we all are. (Sorry for getting a little mushy. The recent tragic events have made me quite reflective). My system has, in a short years time, catapulted from good to great, and this will complete a full revamp from speakers to amp to preamp and now source. Funny thing is, as I type, I'm listening to my system with my mightily little Oppo BDP95 and wondering how does it get much better than this??? The sound is really incredible and I question why I'm even needing to make this last upgrade. Guess I will know next week, plus another 500 hours of break-in, lol.

PS- on a side note, the Krell S-1200 is unbelievably good as a preamp. Krell has taken a bit of a beating over the past few years, but they clearly still know how to make great sounding equipment.

NorthStar
April 19, 2013, 05:01 PM
Can't wait for your 'verite' impressions and comparisons.

jwhite613
April 19, 2013, 05:17 PM
Jeff... Congratulations on your new Esoteric player!!! Will be looking forward to your reviews and pictures.

Tremayne
April 19, 2013, 05:29 PM
Colin,

I look forward to your feedback on the Esoteric. I know what rocky a road the past year or so has been. Please keep us posted.

Will do Joe, thanks.

Great Colin, I'm looking forward to your impressions too.
And if possible, compare them to the 089 Burmester. :audiophile:
Thank you!

Yes Bart, the 089 is also on the list, as is the Gryphon Mikado Signature / Diablo. However with a 6hr drive to the dealers and back, I think that listening to all four options in one visit will probably be too much. I'll let you know how it goes.

bart
April 19, 2013, 05:58 PM
Yes Bart, the 089 is also on the list, as is the Gryphon Mikado Signature / Diablo. However with a 6hr drive to the dealers and back, I think that listening to all four options in one visit will probably be too much. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you!

Jeffkad
April 26, 2013, 12:14 PM
So, due to scheduling conflicts, my K-03 will not get here till end of next week at earliest. Once again, I'm sitting here listening to my Oppo BDP95 as CD player and it sounds amazing. I really am wondering how much better this can get? The Krell as a preamp just took everything to a whole new level, but I knew that it was possible because I could tell what I was missing (bass depth, detail, soundstage depth/width, etc). The Krell put it all back, in spades. I'm really not sure what to expect with the Esoteric. I also hope I don't have to actually wait 500 hours for break-in to get me where I want to go (and not even sure where that is, as I don't know what can improve). I'm actually a little worried and having some buyers remorse :|

iamhifi
April 26, 2013, 10:25 PM
Jeff,
Forget about the remorse you hear and be patient. The K-03 is a bad ass player, better than many High End players out there. I tell you a real fact I encounter and maybe because I was one of the first that got it and probably got an old batch or something, as more than 40 sold after me. My first K-03 reached 500 hours by playing the unit nonstop with the burn in disc they supply. After connecting to the audio system I notice the player had a noisy transport, so I contact Esoteric and got a replacement. This showed me that there was something wrong with the first player, the 2nd new sealed K-03 is quiet and I hear more detail out of the box with only 40-50 hours of use and no break in disc. The techs at Esoteric said that maybe it was the bearing but the unit audio checked fine. About 3 weeks ago I wanted the K0-1 only because I was thinking the Red Book will be the ultimate and so will be the SACD. Only now to understand that with great cables, speakers and amplification is hard to say that you will want something better. Funny with not even 50 hours I want to part again with the K-03 and this is because the analog in me with 3000 records or so say sell it in the for sell section to finance my dream analog rotation device. So pay no attention of being an inferior player, because the truth is that if far from that.
Enjoy it,
Angel