PDA

View Full Version : Explosions at the Finish Line of the Boston Marathon

cmalak
April 15, 2013, 04:06 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/live-updates-explosion-near-boston-marathon-finish-line-192213861.html

My bro and his family live a few blocks away and they were out with their kids but thankfully are safe. A friend's wife was also at the finish line 10 mins before the explosions taking pics and went back home which is a block away from the finish line. Thank God they are safe!

Looks like injury count rising and a few fatalities reported. This is awful!!

Mike
April 15, 2013, 04:08 PM
This is terrible. Thoughts and prayers to all the victims.

Cyril - I'm so glad your family is ok.

Mike

NorthStar
April 15, 2013, 04:15 PM
What's going on?

joeinid
April 15, 2013, 04:16 PM
This is terrible. Thoughts and prayers to all the victims.

Cyril - I'm so glad your family is ok.

Mike

This is so sad. My prayers go out to the victims and injured.

cmalak
April 15, 2013, 04:16 PM
Thx Mike. I live 10 mins away so not close but I sure am happy my bro and his family and our friends who live very close by were not hurt. As you say thoughts and prayers to victims and their families. Just crazy!

NorthStar
April 15, 2013, 04:22 PM
I cannot find much info on this, did it just happen recently? ...Anyone killed by these explosions?
...This is just terrible, and during a peaceful running marathon event!

cmalak
April 15, 2013, 04:27 PM
Looks like 2 dead and 23 injusries so far. Reports said 2 more explosive devices found and being dismantled. freaking awful!

NorthStar
April 15, 2013, 04:40 PM
Some type of wacko running on the loose?

cmalak
April 15, 2013, 04:43 PM
Some type of wacko running on the loose?

Bob...nobody knows. Lots of confusion right now and of course this just happened in the past few hrs so investigations are still very early. Feds, local authorities, etc...I am sure will be mobilizing resources to try to figure this one out.

NorthStar
April 15, 2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought; it's just too early right now to find out what's behind that. ...Very sad indeed; people getting hurt, and killed. ...And during a marathon near/at the finish line!

joeinid
April 15, 2013, 05:02 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQf VsH1yI

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjY BalO

Toobs
April 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
My God!!!!!! This is terrible news. What in hell is going on in this world today.

Latest report has 2 dead and 23 injured. Makes me think Al-Qaeda isn't finished yet. #*^@%*expletives deleted.

Prayers and condolences to all affected.

Cyril
Glad you and your brothers family are ok.

Dewster
April 15, 2013, 05:18 PM
It's just amazing how someone can even think of doing this sort of things to do harm others.. My prayers goes out to all that's affected by this..

BruceLet
April 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
It is heartbreaking to see this needless suffering. I can't imagine how people find it in themselves to behave so brutally.

Audiophilehi
April 15, 2013, 05:48 PM
Very sad. Watching it now. :mad:

NorthStar
April 15, 2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/at-least-two-dead-in-boston-marathon-explosions-police-confirm-third-blast-1.1238781

dlb2
April 15, 2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the links Joe.

How sad...:(

joeinid
April 15, 2013, 06:17 PM
This is unbelievable.

jwhite613
April 15, 2013, 06:35 PM
A very sad day in Boston today. Our thoughts & prayers are with all those affected by this.

cmalak
April 15, 2013, 07:27 PM
Whoever did this, I hope they catch and prosecute to the full extent of the law. May they never see sunlight again. Of the two people confirmed dead, one was an eight yr old boy. Current injury count is 98. many have lost limbs. I believe the number that are listed as in critical condition is around 10 or so. This just plain sucks!

MDP
April 15, 2013, 07:43 PM
So sad !! As long as people hate, things like this are bound to happen. My prayers go out to all affected by this senseless act of violence.

ohbythebay
April 15, 2013, 08:10 PM
I am moved to sadness....this is what makes no sense at all

it never serves anything except to kill innocent people. It doesn't change policy, it doesn't change life, it changes nothing when terrorists attack (foreign or domestic). Regardless if it is Al Quida or the American sons of whatever...It changes nothing. They don't get it. Its a wasted tactic. And in its wake, innocents like children are harmed..men, women..not soildiers. Not with honor but dishonor and how deluded.

Many say they do it in the name of God, God is great. Well, if they really believed God was so great, HE DOESNT NEED THEM TO SMITE ANYONE. HE could do it himself. So even in their belief, they show their unbelief. God doesn't want the blood of ANYONE; especially innocents and if He did, a bat of an eyelash and He could send you a personal tornado..sheesh

I hope they catch the ^%&*%$$#* and string them up...mob rule. Sorry, it just gets to me.

socfan12
April 15, 2013, 08:24 PM
My prayers go to my friends (who are safe) and all others in the Boston area dealing with this stupidity.

cmalak
April 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
I am moved to sadness....this is what makes no sense at all

it never serves anything except to kill innocent people. It doesn't change policy, it doesn't change life, it changes nothing when terrorists attack (foreign or domestic). Regardless if it is Al Quida or the American sons of whatever...It changes nothing. They don't get it. Its a wasted tactic. And in its wake, innocents like children are harmed..men, women..not soildiers. Not with honor but dishonor and how deluded.

Many say they do it in the name of God, God is great. Well, if they really believed God was so great, HE DOESNT NEED THEM TO SMITE ANYONE. HE could do it himself. So even in their belief, they show their unbelief. God doesn't want the blood of ANYONE; especially innocents and if He did, a bat of an eyelash and He could send you a personal tornado..sheesh

I hope they catch the ^%&*%$$#* and string them up...mob rule. Sorry, it just gets to me.

Bay...perfectly said. Agree with everything you said 100%!

Toobs
April 16, 2013, 01:03 PM
Bay...perfectly said. Agree with everything you said 100%!

Ditto. 1000%

NorthStar
April 16, 2013, 02:53 PM
So sad !! As long as people hate, things like this are bound to happen. My prayers go out to all affected by this senseless act of violence.

Mark, I meditated a lot recently, and I thought of sharing some; but just didn't know where to start and what conclusion can be extracted from it.

Love, is the true power, and not just here, but everywhere. Without love we are simply nothing, nothing at all! ...Only love, everywhere in the world, can conquer the hardships of doomsday.

And love has to be taught to all our children's children, all across the universe. ...Every single day.
And the past has to be the constructive lesson.

Imagine, just for a moment ....

MDP
April 16, 2013, 08:37 PM
Mark, I meditated a lot recently, and I thought of sharing some; but just didn't know where to start and what conclusion can be extracted from it.

Love, is the true power, and not just here, but everywhere. Without love we are simply nothing, nothing at all! ...Only love, everywhere in the world, can conquer the hardships of doomsday.

And love has to be taught to all our children's children, all across the universe. ...Every single day.
And the past has to be the constructive lesson.

Imagine, just for a moment ....

Bob, I try and imagine such a world !! As long as parents teach their children to hate, there will be no progress. This applies to every parent from anywhere in the world.

I agree, Love is the answer !!

Toobs
April 16, 2013, 09:15 PM
According to latest reports, the explosive devices were pressure cookers and a circuit board was reportedly found nearby.

This was not the work of some rank amateurs, but a well planned attack.

When and if these scumbags are caught, they should pay with their lives.

NorthStar
April 16, 2013, 11:52 PM
Not much love in pressure cookers here.

jwhite613
April 17, 2013, 01:47 PM
News Alert!!! They have an image of a suspect and are saying an arrest is immanent.

MDP
April 17, 2013, 01:59 PM
News Alert!!! They have an image of a suspect and are saying an arrest is immanent.

I just saw that on the internet a few minutes ago, lets pray it's true !!

Toobs
April 17, 2013, 03:28 PM

Suspect is in custody but no details or photos have been released yet.

I can only pray that this is the scumbag that perpetrated this needless tragedy.

Face
April 17, 2013, 04:21 PM
4chan ThinkTank - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA)

MDP
April 17, 2013, 04:32 PM
Suspect is in custody but no details or photos have been released yet.

I can only pray that this is the scumbag that perpetrated this needless tragedy.

I agree,Bob !!

NorthStar
April 17, 2013, 04:44 PM
My gut feeling; not the act of a single person.

NorthStar
April 17, 2013, 04:51 PM
4chan ThinkTank - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA)

Wow, lots of clear pictures here. ...Amazing that they can pinpoint individuals like that.
- That's a very good start to investigate.

More and more we'll see cameras everywhere, from all angles, at public avenues, busy streets, underground buildings, ... and even in our own homes?

Toobs
April 17, 2013, 04:51 PM
I agree,Bob !!

Indeed.

BTW Mark, thanks for the friendship request.

MDP
April 18, 2013, 08:12 AM
Indeed.

BTW Mark, thanks for the friendship request.

:)

cmalak
April 19, 2013, 09:13 AM
Latest developments on 2 suspects: Boston Marathon bomber manhunt: One suspect dead, second on the run (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boston-mit-shooting-explosion-suspect-watertown-064355149.html)

Watertown, Cambridge, Belmont, Newton, Waltham and all of Boston is on lock down right now. Two suspects from an area near Chechneya. Older brother, 26, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed in an exchange with police yesterday after the brothers robbed a 7-11 and hi-jacked a car and an ensuing police car chase with the brothers. The younger brother, 19, Dzhokar, escaped on foot and there is a continuing manhunt. The younger brother is believed to be armed and dangerous and that is the reason for the lockdown in the various towns listed above.

It's crazy! Like a bad movie. Staying home and watching it all go down on TV.

MDP
April 19, 2013, 09:36 AM
Stay safe, Cyril !! My wife got back from Boston late last night. She works for Fidelity , and is there very often.

Face
April 19, 2013, 12:52 PM
MA Rt. 9 Window Cam on USTREAM: A live look outside my window. Other 24/7 (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam)

joeinid
April 19, 2013, 12:55 PM
MA Rt. 9 Window Cam on USTREAM: A live look outside my window. Other 24/7 (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam)

Holy ca@p. :(

Face
April 19, 2013, 02:40 PM
The background stories of the 2 brothers suspected in Boston bombing - General Law Enforcement Topics on The Thin Blue Line (http://www.thethinblueline.net/discussion/485/the-background-stories-of-the-2-brothers-suspected-in-boston-bombing)

cmalak
April 19, 2013, 08:50 PM
Suspect #2 (Djokhar) is in custody. Caught alive.

Mike
April 19, 2013, 08:50 PM
Good!

socfan12
April 19, 2013, 09:27 PM
I hope he gets what he deserves...:reallymad:

Toobs
April 20, 2013, 02:58 PM
Suspect #2 (Djokhar) is in custody. Caught alive.

Good. May he rot in the scummiest prison for the rest of his natural life:reallymad::reallymad::reallymad: