PDA

View Full Version : And we're back!

NorthStar
August 20, 2013, 06:05 PM
Yup, after a certain delay earlier today; small interruption probably to fix few things here and there I presume. :)

* I can already see few changes: like at the right side of the page for example; no more young Asian women advertising (Sponsors), now things to do with Audio. :cool:
That was totally inappropriate before for such a serious and friendly forum like the AudioShark aquarium.

Oups, now it's AIR MILES (reward miles) from the Bank of Montreal! I don't know about you guys but me I hate banks! ...All of them.

And now; Male Gamers Only! ...With a good looking cartoon fake girl!

Oh well, advertising for all kind of taste, and depending of the region where you live I guess too.
Like the Internet spying on everyone's habits and providing them with superficial advertising that they believe might interest us, because they know were we surfed (past history; sites we visited, items we were looking for) and all that jazz.
I don't think so; certainly not in an audio site. ...And not with a mature audience as such the one we have here.
...Those young good looking Asian girls selling whatever (they're always there at the Emotiva Lounge; Emotiva website's own forums).

But! Money does indeed make our planet spin around faster.

Mike
August 20, 2013, 07:25 PM
We moved server hosts - again. Sigh. Long story - but we had no choice. Hopefully this will be our home. ;)

As for the ads - I totally agree! BUT - I don't control the ads - Google does. We need the ad revenue to support the site. When we move to a subscription basis - maybe we can do away with this permanently!

joeinid
August 20, 2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks Mike!

Seems like an enormous upgrade. Speed is off the chart.

dlb2
August 20, 2013, 08:00 PM
I don't know what websites you've been visiting Bob, but all I see are AARP ads and the latest issue of the Farmers Almanac. :buzz:

GaryProtein
August 20, 2013, 08:52 PM
Yup, after a certain delay earlier today; small interruption probably to fix few things here and there I presume. :)

* A can already see few changes: like at the right side of the page for example; no more young Asian women advertising (Sponsors), now things to do with Audio. :cool:
That was totally inappropriate before for such a serious and friendly forum like the AudioShark aquarium.

Oups, now it's AIR MILES (reward miles) from the Bank of Montreal! I don't know about you guys but me I hate banks! ...All of them.

And now; Male Gamers Only! ...With a good looking cartoon fake girl!

Oh well, advertising for all kind of taste, and depending of the region you live I guess too.
Like the Internet spying on everyone's habits and providing them with superficial advertising that they believe might interest us.
I don't think so; certainly not in an audio site. ...And not with a mature audience as such the one we have here.

But! Money does indeed make our planet spin around faster.

Bob, I have kitchen utensils being advertized, mostly pressure cookers, which I was looking up reviews on for someone else in another forum.

NOTICE TO THE NSA: I was checking pressure cookers for someone who needed to replace a broken one. I don't own one and don't plan to buy one either.

Mike
August 20, 2013, 08:58 PM
Bob, I have kitchen utensils being advertized, mostly pressure cookers, which I was looking up reviews on for someone else in another forum.

NOTICE TO THE NSA: I was checking pressure cookers for someone who needed to replace a broken one. I don't own one and don't plan to buy one either.

LMAO!

GaryProtein
August 20, 2013, 09:04 PM
Now I have an ad from an electrical vendor from whom I purchased an outdoor metal halide fixture.

GaryProtein
August 20, 2013, 09:05 PM
and now an ad from BOSE???????

I swear I didn't purchase anything from them.

Mike
August 20, 2013, 09:22 PM
I'm getting ads for web hosting companies (no joke).

Paul
August 20, 2013, 10:04 PM
I don't know what websites you've been visiting Bob, but all I see are AARP ads and the latest issue of the Farmers Almanac. :buzz:

I...must visiting same website what Bob has been...I get same ad's ...haha

Paul
August 20, 2013, 10:06 PM
and now an ad from BOSE???????

I swear I didn't purchase anything from them.

One day... you will replace all your gears to Hi-end BOSE ;)

Dewster
August 20, 2013, 10:35 PM
The new host is awesome!

NorthStar
August 20, 2013, 10:40 PM
We moved server hosts - again. Sigh. Long story - but we had no choice. Hopefully this will be our home. ;)

As for the ads - I totally agree! BUT -
I don't control the ads - Google does. We need the ad revenue to support the site. When we move to a subscription basis - maybe we can do away with this permanently!

I knew that Mike, don't fret over it. :)

NorthStar
August 20, 2013, 10:43 PM

So Doug, what are you saying exactly; that I'm a pervert and you're a saint! :D

joeinid
August 20, 2013, 10:44 PM
I am not telling what ads I'm seeing. :reallymad:

GaryProtein
August 20, 2013, 10:48 PM
I am not telling what ads I'm seeing. :reallymad:

Ads from friends of Dewster's avatar!?!?

NorthStar
August 20, 2013, 10:50 PM

Pressure cookers Gary? ...Like those used in Boston! :amazing: :badnews:

Seriously though; this entire planet of ours is going down the side of the dodo.
...Starting with all the bull from the highest levels of our societies, and the entire Internet and everything that's inside of it.

* I get an add from Dell now (computer laptops for the office, featuring Intel Core i5 processor; Latitude 5430).

dlb2
August 20, 2013, 10:51 PM
So Doug, what are you saying exactly; that I'm a pervert and you're a saint! :D

Not at all Bob. Just different regions I guess!

NorthStar
August 20, 2013, 11:00 PM
Not at all Bob. Just different regions I guess!

Oh, me in my igloo up in the way cold north, and you on your cozy/comfy cloud in the heaven's sky? :D

BlueFox
August 20, 2013, 11:31 PM
For whatever reason, I blank out ads on web sites. Other than the ones that block the page, I don't even see them.

Face
August 20, 2013, 11:49 PM
I never see ads either. :)

joeinid
August 21, 2013, 12:03 AM
Ads from friends of Dewster's avatar!?!?

Those I don't mind. It's the "alternative" dating websites that scare me. :)

GaryProtein
August 21, 2013, 01:03 AM

Loosen up, you might enjoy it!

joeinid
August 21, 2013, 01:23 AM

:blush:

NorthStar
August 21, 2013, 01:56 AM
For whatever reason, I blank out ads on web sites. Other than the ones that block the page, I don't even see them.

Smart axe! :D

NorthStar
August 21, 2013, 01:58 AM
I never see ads either. :)

Another wise guy! :D

NorthStar
August 21, 2013, 02:03 AM

Same here; you never know who you're going to meet, or/and what kind of character girl you're going to end up with! :afraid: :boing:
...And for how long! :inlove: :dontgetcocky:

NorthStar
August 21, 2013, 02:05 AM

You too Gary?

GaryProtein
August 21, 2013, 02:38 AM
I've met some wild people in my younger years. . . .and that's all I'm going to say.