PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch for Mcintosh ma 352

mctruck
October 1, 2021, 05:18 PM
just wondering if anyone using the Forte or Cornwall 1v with a Mcintosh and wondering what they thought? Would they be a good match
Thanks

joeinid
October 2, 2021, 12:25 PM
https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2021/09/01/klipsch-forte-iv-speaker-review-whoa/

https://youtu.be/EKxOWKQewVs

mctruck
October 2, 2021, 03:33 PM
Went a listened to the Forte today. WOW - first time I have heard a Klipsch or horn speaker. Thought Klipsch was not that good as I had only seen them in best buy etc.

These things hit me right in the chest and I was standing up. That let me to think about the Cornwall and what they could do but owner did not have a pair in yet.

Owner also told me would not recommend Forte if you listened to allot of Jazz - which I dont or anything with lots of piano

Great video especially after hearing the Forte. Looks like it will be that or the Cornwall. One other option may be the Mcintosh XR 100 as the owner will be getting a set in soon I can listen to again.

Thanks for the video

joeinid
October 2, 2021, 03:37 PM
The current Klipsch speakers are awesome. You can't go wrong with either, just depends on the room. Please let us know what you decide.

MDP
October 5, 2021, 08:29 AM
Years ago I owned a pair of the original Forte's. I loved those speakers!!

Mr Peabody
October 5, 2021, 01:44 PM
I had the Forte II for a while, best balance of any Klipsch model I heard at that point.

At one point, maybe 10 or more years ago Klipsch had some good sounding Reference models, I entertained getting a set of RF63.

Spock
October 5, 2021, 02:01 PM
Owner also told me would not recommend Forte if you listened to allot of Jazz - which I dont or anything with lots of piano

Huummm :hmmm:
This is not good...
Good speakers should play all kinds of music.

mctruck
October 5, 2021, 06:04 PM
He told me the Forte would shake your walls but for overall sound definitely the Cornwall for all around sound