PDA

View Full Version : Flexibility Sigma NR V2 power cords

Rob40
April 5, 2021, 01:48 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what minimum depth i need behind my amplifier to bend the Sigma NR V2 Power Cord in my cabinet?

Thanks!

Rob

Puma Cat
April 5, 2021, 04:30 PM
8 inches.

Rob40
April 6, 2021, 12:36 AM
8 inches.

Thank you for your quick reply. 8 inches is more than i thought, i only have about 6 inches of space. Is the space needed for the Alpha nr less than the Sigma?

brodricj
April 6, 2021, 08:20 AM
8 inches is a pretty tight curve, I'm surprised it can do that. Why can't you pull your gear another 3 inches further away from the wall?

Rob40
April 6, 2021, 12:39 PM
8 inches is a pretty tight curve, I'm surprised it can do that. Why can't you pull your gear another 3 inches further away from the wall?

Unfortunately this is not possible. The cabinet is floor to ceiling and fixed to the back wall. Do you have crystal power cables? If so, how are they in flexibility?

brodricj
April 6, 2021, 04:12 PM
No Crystal PC. I use Crystal interconnects and speaker cables. I would like to eventually buy Alpha v2 PC but they are the last item I would upgrade. Everything else comes first.

Puma Cat
April 6, 2021, 04:18 PM

The new NR and XC PCs are quite flexible.

ozzy
April 6, 2021, 06:18 PM
Yes, but the plugs are longer than most and will not bend.

ozzy

Puma Cat
April 7, 2021, 05:35 PM
Yes, but the plugs are longer than most and will not bend.

ozzy

Yes, that's correct. The NR plugs contain the noise reduction componentry and are also made of real carbon fibre to attenuate the impact of vibration. They're also potted internally for durability.