PDA

View Full Version : Ansuz Record Weight

Ritmo
October 28, 2020, 09:41 AM
These appear to be good but, goodness, at a price!

Ansuz Darkz Record Stabilizers | Hi-Fi+ (https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/ansuz-darkz-record-stabilizers/)

kiwi_1282001
October 29, 2020, 12:58 AM
These appear to be good but, goodness, at a price!

Ansuz Darkz Record Stabilizers | Hi-Fi+ (https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/ansuz-darkz-record-stabilizers/)

Here's hoping that Florida Audio Expo can return in 2022 so you can personally hear a demonstration of the clamp.

Jack
October 29, 2020, 01:28 AM
You don't even own a turntable so how do you know whether is works or not? We all understand that you are a shameless Borresen and Ansuz promoter but at least promote products you have actually had experience with.

kiwi_1282001
October 29, 2020, 08:59 AM
You don't even own a turntable so how do you know whether is works or not? We all understand that you are a shameless Borresen and Ansuz promoter but at least promote products you have actually had experience with.

Wow, someone is irritable today. Years back I made a resolution to myself – to never allow myself to become a grumpy old man.

Why would I need to own a turntable? I’ve not offered an opinion on whether the Ansuz record clamp works or not. What I have suggested is that Mike may the opportunity to form his own opinion on the matter during a demonstration at a future Florida Audio Expo.

Mike
October 29, 2020, 09:09 AM
Wow, someone is irritable today. Years back I made a resolution to myself – to never allow myself to become a grumpy old man.

Why would I need to own a turntable? I’ve not offered an opinion on whether the Ansuz record clamp works or not. What I have suggested is that Mike may the opportunity to form his own opinion on the matter during a demonstration at a future Florida Audio Expo.

I can assure you of this: while running the show, plus four of my own rooms, doing press meet and greets and interviews, the last thing I will be doing is spending time listening to a $7000 record clamp. I can barely get a chance to pee! As for record clamps, the Stillpoints clamp and the Shun Mook clamp are outstanding record clamps. We are dealing with resonances or there lack of to determine what the clamp is doing or not doing. What I do as a demonstration is use the famous Starker recording and while the record is playing remove and add back the Shun Mook clamp. Amazing differences people hear. So much more richer with the Shun Mook. The stillpoints clamp cleans up an resonances you may get from a cheapo clamp and offers a cleaner sound. The only downside to the Shun Mook is that the aged mpingo wood is delicate and may crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UltraFast69
October 29, 2020, 10:11 AM
Personally record clamps matter, I just retested why they do by using one then removing one.

Ansuz offers some real nice stuff and I would guess it’s a very nice clamp but Ansuz just can’t seem to get off the ground here in the States, and what has sold and placed on the second hand market seems to just dive bomb.

If that clamp follows this trend, it would be an expensive paper weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kuoppis
October 30, 2020, 11:07 PM
I’m with Ed here. Ansuz, and all the stuff those guys make, follows a similar pattern. They build something, then calculate the price incl. margins, channel cost, and everything... and then multiply it by five or ten.

What then happens, is that there usually are enthusiastic comments at first, and praise for the new stuff. Even positioning it as the bees knees and all that. Then reality kicks in, and people realize, that while the stuff is good, it’s just like other stuff they’ve heard. Just five to ten times more expensive [emoji3].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk