PDA

View Full Version : Isoacoustic Gaia's or Orea's for Magneplanar 3.7i?

hkaye
September 15, 2020, 09:45 AM
For aesthetic reasons (WAF) I have to keep the oval bases on my 3.7i's and can't replace them with Mye Stands or Magna Risers. As an alternative way of achieving greater isolation and clarity I was wondering if Isoacoustic Gaia's or Orea's might be beneficial. Has anyone tried these with Maggies? what about other footer devices?

As a further alternative, has anyone found an attractive and sonically beneficial replacement for the oval base, that doesn't involve the long, ski-like footers?

CPP
September 15, 2020, 01:11 PM
For aesthetic reasons (WAF) I have to keep the oval bases on my 3.7i's and can't replace them with Mye Stands or Magna Risers. As an alternative way of achieving greater isolation and clarity I was wondering if Isoacoustic Gaia's or Orea's might be beneficial. Has anyone tried these with Maggies? what about other footer devices?

As a further alternative, has anyone found an attractive and sonically beneficial replacement for the oval base, that doesn't involve the long, ski-like footers?

I remember a thread on Audiogon about someone using Isoacoustic Gaia's on Maggies. .... found it Anybody have experience with using Iso-Acoustics Iso-pucks under Maggies? | Audiogon Discussion Forum (https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/anybody-have-experience-with-using-iso-acoustics-iso-pucks-under-maggie)

Ritmo
September 16, 2020, 05:19 PM

Welcome to AS!

Shadowfax
September 16, 2020, 07:53 PM
Welcome to AS. I see you are from Philly. I grew up in Fox Chase and now live in Southampton. Where are you in Philly?

Big B
September 16, 2020, 11:45 PM
I'm using Isoaccoustics. Can't tell you much at this point as I'm really fresh with them. Giai are the better quality of the two. It goes strictly by weight as to which model to choose from. The cost for these compared to the others is quite substantial. Are the others better I don't know but are they 4 times better.The people Iso are quite helpful. You may want to reach out to them to get an education to make the right decision.