PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work on old Fisher Gear? 700T

Shadowfax
June 29, 2020, 10:07 AM
I recently picked up an old Fisher 700T, Flagship model with first SS lineup in 66-67.

It was working via Tuner when I got it at the original owners house but I did notice the balance only changed one speaker. (now I think he had one side connected to Main and the other side connected to Remote speaker connections by the way the screws were backed out)

Last night I hooked it up and only one channel played. Within a few cycles of off on, the side that wasn't working blew a fuse and I heard a pop inside. If I replace the fuse, it just blows on power on. I was able to download a Repair Manual but I am totally Electronics Challenged other than a connector or a fuse :)

Looking for any help or someone in my local willing to take a look.

TIA

Shadowfax
June 29, 2020, 05:52 PM
I found a local repair shop specializing in Fisher gear close enough. Going to let the pros take care of it.

Covid Wait Time is anywhere between 6-16 weeks. Had to make an appointment just to drop it off.

Shadowfax
June 30, 2020, 11:00 AM
I found several places local enough. Heading to Wilwert Electronics in Hilltown tonight. Best eval price and turn around time plus he ball parked the fix and cleaning right where I wanted to be.