PDA

View Full Version : Umbilical Cord for MSB Discrete power supplies

thyname
May 13, 2019, 01:23 PM
Proud new owner of the MSB Discrete DAC with dual Discrete power supplies! Sounds fabulous!

Question: have any of you upgraded the umbilical power cords that go from the Discrete PS to the DAC? The stock cables look crappy to me.

Thanks!

joeinid
May 13, 2019, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

Mike
May 13, 2019, 01:57 PM
I haven’t tried, but I would imagine you could. I wonder if AQ makes anything that would work? Need to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thyname
May 13, 2019, 02:05 PM
This guy does:

http://www.revelationaudiolabs.com/cables-power/index.htm

thyname
May 14, 2019, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know if getting after market umbilical DC power cords voids the MSB warranty?

asindc
May 14, 2019, 03:45 PM
This guy does:

I use a Revelation umbilical on my Cary SLP-05 with very good results. It is a popular upgrade among 05 owners.

kzhtoo
May 14, 2019, 04:00 PM
I have the Revelation Audio umbilical cord for MSB DACs and I believe I was the first one to order this from him. The first time the cable wasn’t done right and one conduit just fell off in a mere twist. The promised replacement cable took 5 months and many email inquiries went unanswered. The cable itself could be a slight improvement, I’m not sure yet.

I did find his umbilical cord for Pass preamps an improvement over stock when I had my XP-20.

thyname
June 11, 2019, 06:58 AM
This guy does:

Update: almost a month after I ordered and paid for my umbilical cords from Revelation, he has yet to ship them to me. He promised 10 day turnaround. We are now at four weeks and counting. All kinds of excuses and lies. A tracking number was emailed to me a week ago, but “package “ yet to be dropped in the mail.

I will give it a few more days, then off to calling my credit card for a refund

UltraFast69
June 11, 2019, 09:09 AM
See if Ghent Cable can help if all else fails and you change your mind - I bought DC Cables and a long run Ethernet, amazing quality and reasonably priced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kimurastanley
June 11, 2019, 10:06 AM
I ordered umbilical cord from revelation audio for my msb dac IV plus recently.

He shipped to me within 1 week from ordering.

thyname
June 11, 2019, 10:31 AM
I ordered umbilical cord from revelation audio for my msb dac IV plus recently.

He shipped to me within 1 week from ordering.

Lucky you! I am losing hope I will ever get mine

thyname
June 11, 2019, 10:32 AM
See if Ghent Cable can help if all else fails and you change your mind - I bought DC Cables and a long run Ethernet, amazing quality and reasonably priced

I reached out to him a while back when I was looking to purchase these cords. He emailed me back asking me for the connectors' specs / type, which I didn't have. MSB is strictly against getting after market cables, as it voids the warranty they told me, and did not give me the specs

UltraFast69
June 15, 2019, 11:04 AM
I reached out to him a while back when I was looking to purchase these cords. He emailed me back asking me for the connectors' specs / type, which I didn't have. MSB is strictly against getting after market cables, as it voids the warranty they told me, and did not give me the specs

Something doesn’t sound right with a cable voiding the warranty...

thyname
June 15, 2019, 11:21 AM
Something doesn’t sound right with a cable voiding the warranty...

Moot point now. I never got the cables, and just filed a claim with my credit card company for a refund.