PDA

View Full Version : It was time for a new TV

Mike
July 31, 2018, 10:03 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180731/bd3375c4b4b5a4dd4bae6ace5b4eb7e2.jpg

Not OLED, but apparently this will be better in a room with a lot of light.

Z9D. Apparently itís pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audiophilehi
July 31, 2018, 10:31 AM
Super nice Mike! Congratulations!!

Sean
July 31, 2018, 11:00 AM
Nice, Mike! I have been researching Sony sets and will have to check this one out. Been primarily interested in the X900F.

Let us know your thoughts, especially how it looks in a bright room.

Mike
July 31, 2018, 11:03 AM
Nice, Mike! I have been researching Sony sets and will have to check this one out. Been primarily interested in the X900F.

Let us know your thoughts, especially how it looks in a bright room.

Will do. My wife is out of town for a few days, so I had to do this now. :)

Sean
July 31, 2018, 11:05 AM
I think we can all agree this to be a wise move [emoji38]

Drrsutliff
July 31, 2018, 11:28 AM
Love the choice. Put exact model on my wall a month ago except was only granted permission for the 65” :S

CPP
July 31, 2018, 11:55 AM

I tired that the same :ninja:, tactic when I got my 65" Sony 4k. :badnews::flowers2::flowers2::flowers:

jdandy
July 31, 2018, 12:02 PM
Mike.......Sony's premium 4K televisions are superb. Congratulations. I know you were set on a 75" OLED but I don't think your new set will disappoint you. The good thing is you won't have to worry about screen burn in from the static displays many channels paste on the screen.

Mike
July 31, 2018, 12:06 PM
Mike.......Sony's premium 4K televisions are superb. Congratulations. I know you were set on a 75" OLED but I don't think your new set will disappoint you. The good thing is you won't have to worry about screen burn in from the static displays many channels paste on the screen.

Thanks. I had read the one I got is better than the Sony OLED in well lit rooms. Don't know.

jdandy
July 31, 2018, 12:21 PM
Mike.......You will be amazed at the brightness, contrast, and remarkable black levels that Sony's full array LED back lighting produces. The dynamic range will knock your socks off. TV's this good can turn you into a binge watching couch potato.

Mike
July 31, 2018, 12:25 PM
Mike.......You will be amazed at the brightness, contrast, and remarkable black levels that Sony's full array LED back lighting produces. The dynamic range will knock your socks off. TV's this good can turn you into a binge watching couch potato.

Iím really looking forward to it. The OLED they said would be better in a dark room, but the one I got would be better in a rather bright room. Hereís mine, and thereís more windows on the other side.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180731/0de97a45fa7161be83c974a810dce4cd.jpg

still-one
July 31, 2018, 12:29 PM
Admit it Mike. You just couldn't wait for the 100" model which currently has a long delivery time. :D

Mike
July 31, 2018, 12:29 PM
Admit it Mike. You just couldn't wait for the 100" model which currently has a long delivery time. :D

I considered it, until I realized the price was not a typo.

rrwmd
July 31, 2018, 12:39 PM
Congrats Mike!

I just got two Sony 900 series 4K TVs -- 65" for bedroom and 75" for living room. Compared side by side with OLED and for the big price difference I didn't notice a major difference. Picture is great on these, obviously more so with 4K material.

wklie
July 31, 2018, 12:45 PM
Exceptional TV.

brad225
July 31, 2018, 12:56 PM
Mike, what system do you have in the tree house? :-)

Always loved the picture on Sony sets.

Iím really looking forward to it. The OLED they said would be better in a dark room, but the one I got would be better in a rather bright room. Hereís mine, and thereís more windows on the other side.

Mike
July 31, 2018, 01:07 PM
Mike, what system do you have in the tree house? :-)

Always loved the picture on Sony sets.

Kii three in the tree. [emoji6]

steinkrieg
July 31, 2018, 01:45 PM
amazing... I am looking at the EXACT same TV. Look forward to your thoughts on this. I'm struggling with the OLED vs LED scenario. It's so hard to turn away from OLED... Any general opinions out there from those in the know? My last TV was bought 4 years ago, and it's already a different universe out there.

Mechnutt
July 31, 2018, 01:50 PM
Mike, I can relate to the bright room problem. Our family room has several large windows so we have had to compromise on TV's that are bright and that have non reflective screens. We still own an older Sony XBR that has been retired to a bedroom and it still gives a good picture. You can't go wrong with a high end Sony though. The non OLED high end Sony's look better than some OLED TV's including Sony's OLED's from what I have seen.

BlueFox
July 31, 2018, 01:59 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180731/bd3375c4b4b5a4dd4bae6ace5b4eb7e2.jpg

Not OLED, but apparently this will be better in a room with a lot of light.

Z9D. Apparently itís pretty good.

I love mine. I also recently bought a 65" Sony XBR900F for my general purpose TV, and while it is very nice. The Z9D is clearly better. Enjoy.

TommyC
July 31, 2018, 08:35 PM
I hope you got a good price! The Z9F just came out today.

BlueFox
July 31, 2018, 09:55 PM
I hope you got a good price! The Z9F just came out today.

I was going to say something similar. I paid $9K for my Z9D two years ago, and I know the price has dropped since then. I wonder how much better picture wise the Z9F is.

Mike
July 31, 2018, 10:08 PM
I knew it was coming and I got a decent price. But keeping up with TV technology is like trying to catch a falling knife.

Unworthy
August 7, 2018, 02:28 PM
I just got the LG 65" OLED and I have to agree with the bright room concerns. I wouldn't say my room is that bright, but right now that room is a little brighter than usual because we're getting new window coverings and the shades that are staying don't quite do enough. I can increase the brightness, but then the whites begin to wash out. And I also have to say that picture quality is SOOO dependent on content. Anything truly 4K when the room is darker can be phenomenal. I never realized there could be so many shades of black!

Sharp 2160
August 7, 2018, 07:32 PM
Congratulations Mike, you bought a great set. I've been happy using the Sony 940D for two years now. The set will show it's best when you view 4K UHD with HDR content. These sets are dynamic as mentioned. I was amazed the first time a bright scene popped in after a dark scene I couldn't believe the output. I think you will be happy with it in daylight viewing. They upscale nicely also. Many have said both their DVD's and Blu-rays look better thru the Sony's scaler.

Anil Tendulkar
September 7, 2018, 03:38 AM
If you want a top of the line equipment for your residence, retail store, educational institute, house of worship and any such areas, you could very well get in touch with Exodus Infotech. They are well-known distributors of any and every audio-visual system and have managed to successfully install a lot of equipment as per customizable needs for varied requirements. Do visit their website and see the various offerings that they have in store.

joeinid
September 11, 2018, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Mike
September 11, 2018, 05:10 PM
If you want a top of the line equipment for your residence, retail store, educational institute, house of worship and any such areas, you could very well get in touch with Exodus Infotech. They are well-known distributors of any and every audio-visual system and have managed to successfully install a lot of equipment as per customizable needs for varied requirements. Do visit their website and see the various offerings that they have in store.

Itís a bit of a long drive. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slowgeezr
September 11, 2018, 06:27 PM

Mike, that looks just like the view from my friend's home in Sarasota! Same style pool and enclosure!

Mike
September 11, 2018, 06:34 PM
Mike, that looks just like the view from my friend's home in Sarasota! Same style pool and enclosure!

Iím at his house.

bzr
November 4, 2018, 03:19 AM
So,... who's wife was out of town again???

NorthStar
November 4, 2018, 03:42 AM
Which one did you get, same size?