Formula One

Sean

Formula 1

Anybody else excited for the season to start up?

With teams unveiling their new liveries, I am getting amp'd up for races. But man, are those halos ugly.

U bet I'm excited!

I'm thinking 2018 will be an up & down toss between Ferrari, Mercedes and the Bulls with a few others on the podium along the way....

Love the McLaren livery.......

I like the 2018 McLaren lovey quite a bit more than last years, too. I wonder if it will get filled with a few more sponsor badges along the way.

I’m hoping the big three are all close this year. Would make for a more fun season, that’s for sure.

U bet I'm excited!

I'm thinking 2018 will be an up & down toss between Ferrari, Mercedes and the Bulls with a few others on the podium along the way....

Love the McLaren livery.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Formula 1

I am curious how viewership will be with ESPN/ABC having all the broadcasts this year.

I am curious how viewership will be with ESPN/ABC having all the broadcasts this year.

I guess bad for me as i dont have ESPN and ABC traditionally only does Monaco and USGP ...

f86dd849048470b80b799d6f437df221.jpg

Went to Qualifying of the US GP this last year with a couple friends and the Mrs. Here’s a cool shot of the main straight with the large hill leading up to Turn 1 at COTA. Hope it looks okay - just a cell phone pic.

I love the papaya orange livery of the McLaren's, harkens back to the days when Bruce's cars dominated CanAm won Indy and in F1 all those years ago. Im def an F1 watcher, have been a huge fan since '75. The first GP I attended was Long Beach in '76, I was at Cooks Corner when the flag dropped and Hunt ran up the back of Lauda's Ferrari.

this year, I believe will once again be Mercedes' championship to lose. the Fiats (red cars) will undoubtedly be their closest rival but I ain't a Vettel fan, so there. Verstappen's antics will most likely keep me tuned in this season. I've been threatening to attend COTA for the Austin round and prob will. Id also take the opportunity to visit an audio buddy living there.

I guess bad for me as i dont have ESPN and ABC traditionally only does Monaco and USGP ...

Yes, I think the Mexican GP will be on ABC, too. That’s a bummer. I thought I read that Liberty was going to do a streaming service this year. My understanding was that a portion is to be free with the option to upgrade for some shekels. I’ll see if I can find some info on it.

Looking forward to the season. Maybe Ferrari or Red Bull will de throne Mercedes. Will McLaren have a better year? Will Honda’s engine propel Toro Roso to better results? ... We’ll find out starting on 3/22!

I definitely hope the Red Bull car is more competitive from the start this year so Max can show what he is really worth! Go Max!!!!

f1-spanish-gp-2016-the-podium-race-winner-max-verstappen-red-bull-racing-second-place-kimi.jpg

I definitely hope the Red Bull car is more competitive from the start this year so Max can show what he is really worth! Go Max!!!!

f1-spanish-gp-2016-the-podium-race-winner-max-verstappen-red-bull-racing-second-place-kimi.jpg

Max is top tier unfortunately the Current WWF1 format is more about the show between choosen ones than any real racing ..

Results matter little as the race unfolded like this:

Build up, anticipation, excitement of lap 1, clam, boring, dull, duller, dullest, dim, pitch black of complete darkness, sleeping, woke up, Vettle won, press talking rubbish, turned it off and knocked over my coffee
2615.png
☕️. Morning wasted.

The 2018 coverage on ESPN here in the states SUCKED. I guess its the same feed worldwide now. SkyTV or something. I want last years team back.

Can't understand the 2 Brits doing the commentary and really don't know or care about the Brit slang. Their humor is boring. Its horrible.

I do however like the new on screen graphics.

As far as the race went, handing the win via Virtual Safety Car has got to be figured out. Wins need to be decided on the track, in anger.......

The 2018 coverage on ESPN here in the states SUCKED. I guess its the same feed worldwide now. SkyTV or something. I want last years team back.

Can't understand the 2 Brits doing the commentary and really don't know or care about the Brit slang. Their humor is boring. Its horrible.

I do however like the new on screen graphics.

As far as the race went, handing the win via Virtual Safety Car has got to be figured out. Wins need to be decided on the track, in anger.......

I love the new coverage as it shows the Sky feed. It isn't like NBCSN did any better. They just had Hobbs(pro Hamilton), Matchett and Diffey (who got on my nerves in the beginning).The pre race coverage was nice also. It is what it is. I remember when we had 15 mins of F1 coverage on ABC's wide World of Sports. Much better theses days.

There was no pre race coverage here..just a shot of one turn slack jam, over and over

Each to their own....

I'm with you Kingsrule. While the new coverage team is good in some respects, I miss the old guys. They really need to address the rules, how the hell can you have the winning pass on a yellow flag???

Back