PDA

View Full Version : Ces 2018

Etunes
January 6, 2018, 12:35 AM
Anybody going?

Worth the trip?

asiufy
January 6, 2018, 02:21 AM
I am, it's just a 4-5 hours drive for me, so it's easy...

Now, I don't think it's really worth it... Rumor is that there's really only one floor for high-end audio now...

the professor
January 6, 2018, 01:19 PM
I am and No I don't think it's worth the trip if your only interest is high end audio.

But, I love going to the main floor with all the gadgets. So that makes it worth it to me.

asiufy
January 6, 2018, 01:31 PM
Yeah, previous years that was almost never enough time to go to the main floor. I guess this year I'll have plenty of time for that too!

the professor
January 6, 2018, 01:37 PM
Thats for sure

Yeah, previous years that was almost never enough time to go to the main floor. I guess this year I'll have plenty of time for that too!

Dizzie
January 6, 2018, 02:09 PM
An increasing number of manufacturers and distributors are not exhibiting but just holding business meetings closed to the unwashed masses. Many are choosing other hotels, not the Venetian. And others are just plain staying home.

Etunes
January 6, 2018, 05:13 PM
Well bummer. It’s a work trip for me so hoping for some quality high end. Might need to go to Munich for that fix.

metaphacts
January 6, 2018, 05:51 PM
An increasing number of manufacturers and distributors are not exhibiting but just holding business meetings closed to the unwashed masses. Many are choosing other hotels, not the Venetian. And others are just plain staying home.

The first two situations have been ongoing for years, even decades. The third seems to have more than swamped them this year.

asiufy
January 6, 2018, 07:23 PM
Well bummer. It’s a work trip for me so hoping for some quality high end. Might need to go to Munich for that fix.

Well, if you're going to be there, give me a call, and at least we can go grab a beer or something...

And yeah, you definitely should go to Munich for the audio fix!

Etunes
January 6, 2018, 07:53 PM
Well, if you're going to be there, give me a call, and at least we can go grab a beer or something...

And yeah, you definitely should go to Munich for the audio fix!
Will do