Very sad news.

RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La Dolce Vita
November 29, 2017, 02:37 PM
Very sad news.

RIP.

Very, very sad. Charlie certainly left this world a better place. Thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones...

Kuoppis
November 29, 2017, 02:49 PM
Very sad to hear. I have been enjoying my Ayre components a lots.

Brilliant engineer and passionate music lover, RIP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike
November 29, 2017, 03:03 PM
Charles Hansen 1956 - 2017

With heavy hearts, we regret to inform you that Charles Hansen, founder of Ayre Acoustics, has passed away on November 28th, 2017. Those who knew Charley knew that he was a passionate man who always stood up for what he believed to be right. His family knew him as a loving and dedicated father of his two children. With the passing of Charley, the world has lost one of the most creative and innovative minds in the audio industry and we have lost a good friend.

While we can never replace Charley, his spirit lives on in the team at Ayre. We are dedicated to continuing his mission of creating and manufacturing the best sounding audio equipment in the world. Most importantly, we will be there for our friends, partners, and customers who have supported us over the years. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at any time.

We wish you all the best over the holidays, and please play an album for Charley sometime.

Phil A
November 29, 2017, 03:27 PM
RIP - have exchanged messages with him over the years. Wonderful person to deal with.

Mr Peabody
November 29, 2017, 06:00 PM
I am shocked. Charles used to post occasionally on another forum, it seems I just read something of his within the last week or so. He did seem to be passionate about audio and his gear. Sad event.

apdoc2004
November 29, 2017, 06:05 PM
Very sad news. I did not realize that he was a paraplegic because of that horrible accident in 2006. I am pretty sure that devastating injury contributed to his demise at a relatively young age. The fact that he continued to passionately work on his creations (after that life altering injury) is amazing and truly inspirational.

joeinid
November 29, 2017, 06:11 PM
Extremely sad and sobering. RIP Charles. I hope Ayre is able to continue making superb gear.

mauidan
November 29, 2017, 06:23 PM
RIP Charlie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L0k3-cporQ

a.wayne
November 29, 2017, 09:09 PM
Very sad news.

RIP.

Wow, this is devastating , Charlie and i were just knocking over designs a couple or so weeks ago ...

Sad ... Very much so

a.wayne
November 29, 2017, 09:33 PM
Extremely sad and sobering. RIP Charles. I hope Ayre is able to continue making superb gear.

Charlie will be difficult to replace .....

http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=21258&d=1512008716

RDSChicago
November 29, 2017, 09:33 PM
RIP. Seems like a great guy.

KeithR
November 30, 2017, 02:02 AM
Very sad news. I did not realize that he was a paraplegic because of that horrible accident in 2006. I am pretty sure that devastating injury contributed to his demise at a relatively young age. The fact that he continued to passionately work on his creations (after that life altering injury) is amazing and truly inspirational.

He had a higher spinal cord injury than I have, but I doubt this was related unless he developed a blood clot/stroke.

True story - his better designs came after he was paralyzed. I was hoping to meet him last RMAF, but didn't see him.

Kuoppis
November 30, 2017, 02:06 AM
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/news/charles_hansen.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nikhil
November 30, 2017, 05:20 AM
This is really sad news ... RIP Charley!

I really enjoyed interacting with him on the forums
He will be missed immensely - a real loss to the audio community.

wisnon
November 30, 2017, 09:17 AM
Very sad news.

RIP.

Whatttt??????

OMG, I used to chat with him all the time. Very sad news.

A hell of a year so far.

wisnon
November 30, 2017, 09:20 AM

Yes, he told me about this in details some years back. He was always in pain.

Lovely guy and great strategic thinker. I miss him already.

CPP
November 30, 2017, 09:36 AM
R.I.P. Charlie you will be missed.

Old Bob
November 30, 2017, 10:05 AM
really ridiculous. very recently I asked dumb questions in a forum, and he wrote back several times, at great length. obviously brilliant, and he explained things so that I could understand. a great loss.

bob

AJ Soundfield
November 30, 2017, 10:10 AM
R.I.P.