PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to the new Lampizator Pacific DAC

Mike
October 4, 2017, 01:42 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171004/4cd27e6160165fa20f1526654678b807.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171004/d087ebe08c6f45ba7b9da314a21dd85f.jpg

As a reminder, the brand new Lampizator Pacific DAC will be launching at Suncoast Audio on Saturday October 14th from 12pm - 4pm. Lukasz will be on hand for Q&A and to discuss all matters related to his new masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pweg
October 4, 2017, 01:58 AM
love it

Elberoth
October 4, 2017, 03:01 AM
Looks a bit like Dalby stuff ... which not a bad thing. I've heard it weights 30kg ?

Fingerprints will love it :)

wisnon
October 4, 2017, 03:47 AM
Purdy!

VoicesInMyHead
October 4, 2017, 04:14 AM
Looking good!

I just think the bolts holding the top cover could maybe have been solved in a better way? To not have any I mean... :)

Elberoth
October 4, 2017, 05:19 AM
+1 on the bolts. I've told that to Łukasz yesterday.

It can be done and it is not a rocket science - just examine how dCS gear is put together:

http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20806&stc=1

bonzo
October 4, 2017, 05:36 AM
Wouldn't that increase cost and price?

VoicesInMyHead
October 4, 2017, 05:38 AM
for the price asked, I think it should be possible to make it look premium all the way... I think most gear actually does not have visible bolts, costing much less.

Elberoth
October 4, 2017, 05:41 AM
Ask and you shall receive !

I've just spoken to Łukasz on the phone and he told me that the bolts you see are just on this preproduction unit used for the pics. The production units will have all the bolts concealed, like on the dCS DAC.

bonzo
October 4, 2017, 06:21 AM
Oh great

heihei
October 4, 2017, 08:03 AM
Am hoping there are alternative finishes available.....

Shadowfax
October 4, 2017, 08:29 AM
Looked a little like the Pathos Classic One with the Allen bolts

Elberoth
October 4, 2017, 08:42 AM
Chrome finish would make it a bit Burmester like looking ... but I don't hold my breath. GG was only available with copper chassis.

BTW - the golden color you see is not gold plating - this is the natural color of polished brass.

http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20807&stc=1

mr.gregdee
October 8, 2017, 03:34 PM
Chrome finish would make it a bit Burmester like looking ... but I don't hold my breath. GG was only available with copper chassis.

BTW - the golden color you see is not gold plating - this is the natural color of polished brass.

http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20807&stc=1

It really looks nice ,I must admit. But a lot of people I am talking too are actually missing LampizatOr iconic EYE and this rough, a bit industrial look. On the other hand this new design doesn't match any other product in the portfolio , so who knows? Maybe Lukasz will consider a " classic " chassis option available for hard core die hard fans of LampizatOr brand :)

Alpinist
October 8, 2017, 04:14 PM
I listened to the Pacific DAC twice at RMAF. Despite the speakers limiting the sound quality somewhat, I could still hear the excellence of this DAC. It delivered detail and nuance, an expansive soundstage with realistic image size and precise placement, natural midrange warmth and body without tube coloration, and excellent dynamics from black backgrounds. I think Lampizator has a real winner with the Pacific DAC.

Ken

MPWRZME
October 8, 2017, 07:25 PM
I listened to the Pacific DAC twice at RMAF. Despite the speakers limiting the sound quality somewhat, I could still hear the excellence of this DAC. It delivered detail and nuance, an expansive soundstage with realistic image size and precise placement, natural midrange warmth and body without tube coloration, and excellent dynamics from black backgrounds. I think Lampizator has a real winner with the Pacific DAC.

Ken

This reads like something you copied and pasted from the latest rag review.

cmarin
October 8, 2017, 08:49 PM

I was going to bite my tongue but my better judgement lost. So here goes:

Nice...

Ken was simply trying to be helpful. He’s a knowledgeable audiophile who kindly takes the time to contribute and share his knowledge and experience with us on this forum. Many of us appreciate his contributions and respectful approach. It would do you wonders to follow his example.

Alpinist
October 8, 2017, 10:45 PM

Ok, let me simplify it. The Pacific DAC provided greater detail, was more linear, more dynamic and had a lower noise floor than the other Lampizator DACs I've heard. Yet it retains the body, texture and dimension that Lampizator is famous for. I think it is a significant improvement over the Golden Gate.

Ken

Mike
October 8, 2017, 10:51 PM
I was going to bite my tongue but my better judgement lost. So here goes:

Nice...

Ken was simply trying to be helpful. He’s a knowledgeable audiophile who kindly takes the time to contribute and share his knowledge and experience with us on this forum. Many of us appreciate his contributions and respectful approach. It would do you wonders to follow his example.

Well said. No good deed goes unpunished.

Almost like someone who wasn't at the show giving me sh!t for not staying all day on Sunday.

Alpinist
October 8, 2017, 11:59 PM

Almost like someone who wasn't at the show giving me sh!t for not staying all day on Sunday.

Mike,

Thanks for hanging with me at the show. I hope your trip home was a smooth one.

Best,
Ken

Elberoth
October 9, 2017, 03:00 AM

At least this has some value :)

Ken is a valuable member here. Other people who already heard the Pacific seem to agree with Ken.

Mike
October 9, 2017, 07:14 AM
Mike,

Thanks for hanging with me at the show. I hope your trip home was a smooth one.

Best,
Ken

Thank you. It was great to hang out with you. All went smooth on the way home. You too I hope.

CPP
October 9, 2017, 11:46 AM

Oh NO you didn't stay all day Sunday http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20873&stc=1 :panic::D:D, glad you made it home safe to hot and humid Floridah .

mr.gregdee
October 9, 2017, 12:37 PM

Ken is a valuable member here. Other people who already heard the Pacific seem to agree with Ken.

exactly , what we want is a report from those who experienced that in person and have sth to share

BayStBroker
October 9, 2017, 01:49 PM

Ken would be in a better position than me to compare the SQ of the Pacific to the GG. I'm grateful for the report.

Now, one big difference here is the luxury fit and finish, which is literally glaring. I figure this is a good move by Lukasz since we increasingly see Lampi GG's featured at shows with some of the most expensively assembled systems. In the presence of some of that gear, our beloved Lampi can seem a bit utilitarian, not to say homely. If Von Schweikert wants to use a Lampi front end to help its $250k speakers sound superlative, then the least Lukasz can do is to dress the part.

For my listening room, the steam-punk industrial chic of my A+ is a good look. As for SQ, somebody can pry it from my proverbial "cold, dead fingers."

Mike
October 9, 2017, 01:51 PM
Oh NO you didn't stay all day Sunday http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20873&stc=1 :panic::D:D, glad you made it home safe to hot and humid Floridah .

Thanks Chris. My 9 year old son was very happy I was home. He didn't want me to stay another day either.

Mike
October 9, 2017, 01:51 PM
Ken's report is spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself.

MPWRZME
October 9, 2017, 02:41 PM
Ken's report is spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nothing against the Lampizator in the least. In fact I heard it too and think it's pretty darn good as well, but the comments Ken made just sounded so much like the same canned hype you hear in every friggin review. Sorry, but it reminded me of those Morrow Audio cable ads you see posted on the US Audio Mart, or even something Simon Cowell would say about the performance of the next American Idol.

Alpinist
October 9, 2017, 02:49 PM
Nothing against the Lampizator in the least. In fact I heard it too and think it's pretty darn good as well, but the comments Ken made just sounded so much like the same canned hype you hear in every friggin review. Sorry, but it reminded me of those Morrow Audio cable ads you see posted on the US Audio Mart, or even something Simon Cowell would say about the performance of the next American Idol.

You certainly have a way with words. I wrote my second post just for you.

The Pacific DAC provided greater detail, was more linear, more dynamic and had a lower noise floor than the other Lampizator DACs I've heard. Yet it retains the body, texture and dimension that Lampizator is famous for. I think it is a significant improvement over the Golden Gate.

Ken

AJR
October 9, 2017, 03:00 PM

Yawn. You seem more interested in criticising someone’s thoughtful comments than adding anything useful yourself.

mep
October 9, 2017, 03:41 PM

Um, what did you expect Ken to say? He did his best to sum up what he heard in a few words. This was a snapshot impression from RMAF and not a review. You sound like someone with an axe to grind.

CPP
October 9, 2017, 04:25 PM
Thanks Chris. My 9 year old son was very happy I was home. He didn't want me to stay another day either.

It hard to leave the little ones are home. Just think Mike before long you will be bringing him to these shows and getting him started in the hobby the right way. That should be fun. But of course as he ages, there is school, sports more school and then girls, driving a car ( that was my scariest time as a parent) yep should be a blast as he will have a proficient audiophile teacher.

MPWRZME
October 9, 2017, 06:49 PM
Too much mob mentality here now to get into it any more than simply stating that there is no way that Ken (or anyone) can make any meaningful comps or comparisons that one piece of equipment (in a system and room that he has never heard before) can or cannot do within the context of that system. There is just no way to extrapolate...too many variables. He even said himself that the speakers were holding the Lampi back. In what way? It's one thing to say the system sounded great, or sounded better than system x in room xyz, but to me it just sounds like he is either trying to impress the fora with his magical 'golden ears', or maybe just trying to get some brownie pts. from the Lampi team (or both).

Mike
October 9, 2017, 06:55 PM
The Pacific DAC will be in my store on Saturday, where I also have the Big 7 and Golden Atlantic. It will be on the $85,000 Magico M3's which I know inside and out. For comparison (should anyone wish), we will have a selection of no less than 10 other DAC's, such as Berk REF2 MQA, Chord DAVE, Ayre QX5 Twenty, Bryston BDA3, Lumin A1, Big 7, Golden Atlantic, Esoteric Grandioso K1, Esoteric K-01x, T+A DAC8 DSD, etc.

This environment should give me a really good idea of its capabilities.

MPWRZME
October 9, 2017, 07:12 PM
I actually think that his post is a disservice to the excellent Lampi lineup. The company and product hardly needs any hyperbole and this just puts them in the same light as most of the other names out there. Anyone that has heard their amps and especially DAC's know they are different... in a special way.

Mike
October 9, 2017, 07:17 PM
I don't agree. Ken has excellent ears, has owned and heard dozens of systems and can certainly respond to a question about sonics when asked. Lampi fans were very curious about the sound and Ken spent a lot of time in that room in order to formulate the best OPINION he could.

I certainly trust his ears much more than some of the crap I've read from the show. The B&O room was good? Yes - for an ear bleed.

Alpinist
October 9, 2017, 07:19 PM
Too much mob mentality here now to get into it any more than simply stating that there is no way that Ken (or anyone) can make any meaningful comps or comparisons that one piece of equipment (in a system and room that he has never heard before) can or cannot do within the context of that system. There is just no way to extrapolate...too many variables. He even said himself that the speakers were holding the Lampi back. In what way? It's one thing to say the system sounded great, or sounded better than system x in room xyz, but to me it just sounds like he is either trying to impress the fora with his magical 'golden ears', or maybe just trying to get some brownie pts. from the Lampi team (or both).

If you're interested in doing a direct comparison of the Pacific DAC with the Golden Atlantic and Big 7, you should stop in Mike's store for a listen. However, I highly doubt that you will because I believe your main motivation is to stir things up and take a few cheap shots at me. If that's the best you have, go back to your sandbox, because you are a rank amateur my friend.

Ken

Alpinist
October 9, 2017, 07:40 PM
I actually think that his post is a disservice to the excellent Lampi lineup. The company and product hardly needs any hyperbole and this just puts them in the same light as most of the other names out there. Anyone that has heard their amps and especially DAC's know they are different... in a special way.

No hyperbole. I listened to the Pacific DAC twice over the weekend and it sounded terrific, as most anyone at RMAF that was actually in the room can attest. Hyperbole is not needed, the Pacific DAC sounded outstanding on its own merits. I do not own Lampizator, nor do I have any interest in impressing anyone. I just reported what I heard. End of story.

Ken

MPWRZME
October 9, 2017, 08:24 PM
If you're interested in doing a direct comparison of the Pacific DAC with the Golden Atlantic and Big 7, you should stop in Mike's store for a listen. However, I highly doubt that you will because I believe your main motivation is to stir things up and take a few cheap shots at me. If that's the best you have, go back to your sandbox, because you are a rank amateur my friend.

Ken

I don't need to hear the Pacific (again) to know it's better. Why would any reputable company put out to market a new product that has so much technical and innovative merits that sounds like crap? Too much to lose I think. I have no doubts that it sounds better. But by referring to me as a rank amatuer (not even sure what you're referring to) you've only cemented my theory regarding the reason(s) for your post to begin with. "Hi...my name is Ken.....I climb mountains, and I am the reason you all are here". My friend, there was nothing personal intended but if you insist I go back to my sandbox, what else am I to do but stir things up.

MPWRZME
October 9, 2017, 08:32 PM
No hyperbole. I listened to the Pacific DAC twice over the weekend and it sounded terrific, as most anyone at RMAF that was actually in the room can attest. Hyperbole is not needed, the Pacific DAC sounded outstanding on its own merits. I do not own Lampizator, nor do I have any interest in impressing anyone. I just reported what I heard. End of story.

Ken

Deleted by admin

Alpinist
October 9, 2017, 10:56 PM
Any dude that has an Avatar of presumably himself, climbing the Alps that says he has no interest in impressing anyone is delusional.

I've been a mountaineer for twenty years and lucky enough to climb on three continents. What's wrong with having an Avatar of myself doing something that I love? Incidentally, the climb is Arete des Cosmiques on Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix, France.

Ken

Nikhil
October 9, 2017, 11:03 PM
MPWRZME,

This isn't the Audioshark way. The folks on here are knowledgeable and helpful. Ken is one of those by a wide margin. Spend some time here and get to know folks a little better.

Mike, it would be a good idea to clean up the last few posts to keep the discussion on topic.

Regards.

pweg
October 9, 2017, 11:55 PM
agreed

Mike
October 9, 2017, 11:58 PM
Done. If there are any others in particular, let me know.

Golum
October 10, 2017, 02:38 AM
Incidentally, the climb is Arete des Cosmiques on Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix, France.
Ken
Amazing place! Just love it! If you are around or planning to do some Swiss alps in Valais give me a note. At least we can do a coffee :-)
Sorry for off topic!

Alpinist
October 10, 2017, 08:22 AM
Amazing place! Just love it! If you are around or planning to do some Swiss alps in Valais give me a note. At least we can do a coffee :-)
Sorry for off topic!

Hi Golum,

I love Valais, so beautiful there! The climbing is terrific too. The next time I'm over in your part of the Swiss Alps, I'll make sure to send you a note!

All the best,
Ken

Mike
October 11, 2017, 08:04 PM
https://www.stereophile.com/content/dealer-events-washington-state-florida-saturday

MDP
October 12, 2017, 06:46 AM
I don't need to hear the Pacific (again) to know it's better. Why would any reputable company put out to market a new product that has so much technical and innovative merits that sounds like crap? Too much to lose I think. I have no doubts that it sounds better. But by referring to me as a rank amatuer (not even sure what you're referring to) you've only cemented my theory regarding the reason(s) for your post to begin with. "Hi...my name is Ken.....I climb mountains, and I am the reason you all are here". My friend, there was nothing personal intended but if you insist I go back to my sandbox, what else am I to do but stir things up.

If you persist with your attacks and crappy attitude , you will be going bye bye!

Understand?

Audioguru1
October 12, 2017, 12:35 PM
Based on the pictures, I can only describe the aesthetics of the new Lampizator Pacific to be drop dead gorgeous...wow!! Does anyone know what or if pricing has been released yet? If not, I'm curious to know the approximate ball park price range for this DAC?

Alpinist
October 12, 2017, 12:57 PM
Based on the pictures, I can only describe the aesthetics of the new Lampizator Pacific to be drop dead gorgeous...wow!! Does anyone know what or if pricing has been released yet? If not, I'm curious to know the approximate ball park price range for this DAC?

I believe Fred told me at RMAF that MSRP would be 22,000 - 29,000 Euros, depending on the options. I'm sure he will be able to provide more details.

Best,
Ken

MPWRZME
October 12, 2017, 01:59 PM
If you persist with your attacks and crappy attitude , you will be going bye bye!

Understand?

Well, I don't know exactly what you mean by "going bye bye", but my original post was simply related to an observation I made on the verbage that was used to describe the sound of a piece of gear, and was not meant as personal attack on anyone. I only retaliated when the personal attacks were sent my way which can easily be discerned by reading through the thread. I get it...you like Alpinist, but this shouldn't give him permission to slam me without any lashback.

Alpinist
October 12, 2017, 03:34 PM
Well, I don't know exactly what you mean by "going bye bye", but my original post was simply related to an observation I made on the verbage that was used to describe the sound of a piece of gear, and was not meant as personal attack on anyone. I only retaliated when the personal attacks were sent my way which can easily be discerned by reading through the thread. I get it...you like Alpinist, but this shouldn't give him permission to slam me without any lashback.

Let me refresh your memory:

“This reads like something you copied and pasted from the latest rag review.”
“The comments Ken made just sounded so much like the same canned hype you hear in every friggin review.”
“I actually think that his post is a disservice to the excellent Lampi lineup.”
“Hi...my name is Ken.....I climb mountains, and I am the reason you all are here.”
“Any dude that has an Avatar presumably himself, climbing the Alps that says he has no interest in impressing anyone is delusional.”

I only fired back once after your repeated insults. I think you should find a more constructive way to spend your time.

Ken

nonesup
October 16, 2017, 08:32 AM
Hi.
No one comments on the Pacific presentation at Suncoast?

shadowlight
October 16, 2017, 08:42 AM
Hi.
No one comments on the Pacific presentation at Suncoast?

Other than Mike, I have not seen any posts about the sound. My assumption right now is that lots of folks were from out of town and they were traveling back yesterday. Hoping feedback starts coming in today.

Mike
October 16, 2017, 08:45 AM
One gentleman posted this:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171016/0404f379e0aa7f38e56db8f17e10ed7c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171016/7ee1ca92b74c620f8b48e64250104571.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171016/77d1886fc4d6f520e3ba5139a049c646.jpg

nonesup
October 16, 2017, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE = shadowlight; 218450] Aparte de Mike, no he visto ninguna publicación sobre el sonido. Mi suposición ahora es que mucha gente era de fuera de la ciudad y viajaban ayer. Esperando que comience a llegar comentarios hoy. [/ QUOTE]

Where can I read Mike's opinion? I can not find it in the forum

Mike
October 16, 2017, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE = shadowlight; 218450] Aparte de Mike, no he visto ninguna publicación sobre el sonido. Mi suposición ahora es que mucha gente era de fuera de la ciudad y viajaban ayer. Esperando que comience a llegar comentarios hoy. [/ QUOTE]

Where can I read Mike's opinion? I can not find it in the forum

I posted it here:

"After spending several hours listening to the Pacific DAC in a system I know inside and out, I can honestly say, the Pacific is a world class DAC and so much better than my Big 7/GG with its balanced neutrality, superb midrange, bass and extended top end. There is so much more air and extension than my Big 7 or GG, it's hard to fathom it could get that much better, but it has."

http://www.audioshark.org/manufacturer-events-demos-100/lampizator-launch-event-suncoast-audio-12580-page7.html

(POST #69)

nonesup
October 16, 2017, 10:52 AM
Thank

mep
October 16, 2017, 12:15 PM
Guys-I was there at the event and I will be writing about it and it will be published on the Positive Feedback site. I just got home late yesterday afternoon and I will publish a link to the article after I have finished writing it and it is available online. I had a great time and I think everyone else who attended did too. Mike is a great host and he did a good job of taking care of his guests. It's easy to see why Mike is building a loyal following with his customers. Along with Mike, Lukasz Fikus and his team put in a lot of work for this event and it was a blast to hang out with them over the weekend.

If you have a chance in the future to attend one of Mike's events at Suncoast Audio, I highly recommend you take advantage of the opportunity.

hifinutt
October 16, 2017, 02:16 PM
for any uk readers , lampizator dealer will be at hifi wigwam show in harrogate next weekend . worth a visit

wisnon
October 17, 2017, 06:52 AM
Guys-I was there at the event and I will be writing about it and it will be published on the Positive Feedback site. I just got home late yesterday afternoon and I will publish a link to the article after I have finished writing it and it is available online. I had a great time and I think everyone else who attended did too. Mike is a great host and he did a good job of taking care of his guests. It's easy to see why Mike is building a loyal following with his customers. Along with Mike, Lukasz Fikus and his team put in a lot of work for this event and it was a blast to hang out with them over the weekend.

If you have a chance in the future to attend one of Mike's events at Suncoast Audio, I highly recommend you take advantage of the opportunity.
Mark,

I totally echo your sentiment and am fully committed to justifying finding a way back to Sarasota! I unfortunately had no time to listen to Mike's home system(s) and I found out that I have other friends in that part of the world, so it cant be short trip. Mike is a really great host and I enjoyed meeting his lovely wife and all the guests at the show. It was great to finally meet you too Mark, after all these years. A real blessing indeed. Sarasota is a happening place and Suncoast is the audio heartbeat of it. The facilities are just first class.

As to the Pac, I actually listened less than most as I got there 30 mins late and had a lot of socializing to catch up on. The setup was not that familiar to me but the SK-Pac combo shone thru. One track that I really stood out was the Masekela Stimela one...just lovely. I could not find a lot of my reference tracks on Fred's NAS and by the time they switched to Mike's NAS I have moved on. In the last 30mins or so with only say 10 people left, there was a good chance to hear requests.

Upset that CPP, was not there, but glad to meet meet Mike (Ritmo) and Jerry (finally) as well as the LampiNA TEAM (finally), AJ Soundfield and A.Wayne( 2 fellow countrymen).

No regrets whatsoever in making this audio pilgrimage!

CPP
October 23, 2017, 09:57 AM
Mark,

I totally echo your sentiment and am fully committed to justifying finding a way back to Sarasota! I unfortunately had no time to listen to Mike's home system(s) and I found out that I have other friends in that part of the world, so it cant be short trip. Mike is a really great host and I enjoyed meeting his lovely wife and all the guests at the show. It was great to finally meet you too Mark, after all these years. A real blessing indeed. Sarasota is a happening place and Suncoast is the audio heartbeat of it. The facilities are just first class.

As to the Pac, I actually listened less than most as I got there 30 mins late and had a lot of socializing to catch up on. The setup was not that familiar to me but the SK-Pac combo shone thru. One track that I really stood out was the Masekela Stimela one...just lovely. I could not find a lot of my reference tracks on Fred's NAS and by the time they switched to Mike's NAS I have moved on. In the last 30mins or so with only say 10 people left, there was a good chance to hear requests.

Upset that CPP, was not there, but glad to meet meet Mike (Ritmo) and Jerry (finally) as well as the LampiNA TEAM (finally), AJ Soundfield and A.Wayne( 2 fellow countrymen).

No regrets whatsoever in making this audio pilgrimage!

Norman I would have happily traded my spot by being there instead of standing outside and watching an insurance adjuster tell me that I need a new roof. Heck I had my hotel room reserved months in advance to the point I had to ask Mike later on, when was the session. LOL. And then came IRMA. PS: Mikes home listening room, is absolutely heavenly.

deuter
October 25, 2017, 10:11 PM
I have posted my KR Audio 242's for sale:

http://www.audioshark.org/showthread.php?t=13024

Mike
January 17, 2018, 11:33 PM
http://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/01/lampizator-pacific-dac-exclusive-look.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

CGabriel
January 19, 2018, 10:02 AM
I have my order in for the Pacific. I have been very happy with the Golden Gate and look forward to the performance improvement.

Christophs
January 19, 2018, 10:12 AM
I have my order in for the Pacific. I have been very happy with the Golden Gate and look forward to the performance improvement.

Congrats!
When will you be getting your Pac?
Will you still have your GG by then?
I would be REALLY curious about a head2head compare between the two :celebrate008_2:

bonzo
January 19, 2018, 10:43 AM
The Pacific is still being fine tuned and they recently received the other valves...zirconium coated, which will allow more tuning. On Facebook Lukasz seemed quite excited about the 845 and said they were his favorite ion the GG so far.

CGabriel
January 19, 2018, 11:05 AM

The word is four weeks. Yes, I am keeping the GG for the interim.

There were a few tweaky things about the GG that were troublesome; the remote and the display programming which I have been assured are corrected in the Pacific. And the analog and volume control look to be superior so that I may be able to run the Pacific direct to the amps -no preamp.

wisnon
January 19, 2018, 11:14 AM
The word is four weeks. Yes, I am keeping the GG for the interim.

There were a few tweaky things about the GG that were troublesome; the remote and the display programming which I have been assured are corrected in the Pacific. And the analog and volume control look to be superior so that I may be able to run the Pacific direct to the amps -no preamp.

You can reprogram the remote yourself. I recall doing it with the B7 after I was told how to.

CGabriel
January 19, 2018, 11:58 AM
You can reprogram the remote yourself. I recall doing it with the B7 after I was told how to.

Yeah, that’s the theory. It was just a big pain in the ass. Which version of display do you have and which options. The instructions were MIA, had to call get instructions, and then when you had the instructions they were indecipherable. And then after all that it would get scrambled or reset itself. Like I said, I won’t miss that part. But they are good guys with good intentions. They make a very unique product that is constantly evolving. I am sticking with them. There is virtually nothing in its price range that sounds quite as good. JMO of course.

bonzo
January 19, 2018, 12:04 PM
Or in a higher price range, as far as I am concerned :celebrate008_2:

wisnon
January 19, 2018, 12:21 PM
Yeah, that’s the theory. It was just a big pain in the ass. Which version of display do you have and which options. The instructions were MIA, had to call get instructions, and then when you had the instructions they were indecipherable. And then after all that it would get scrambled or reset itself. Like I said, I won’t miss that part. But they are good guys with good intentions. They make a very unique product that is constantly evolving. I am sticking with them. There is virtually nothing in its price range that sounds quite as good. JMO of course.

You should have asked them to send you a new one and you send back the old one...Simplest!

I love the sound too, so I get you Caelin.

Mike
January 29, 2018, 08:21 AM
Review: http://hifiknights.com/reviews/sources/lampizator-pacific/

heihei
January 29, 2018, 09:19 AM
Reading it makes me wonder if the GG Version 2 would be best of both worlds.....

Mike
January 29, 2018, 09:56 AM
I’ve owned the Lite 7, Atlantic, GG, B7 and GA. They’re all excellent. Pound for pound, size of case, not having to fuss about tube rolling, I love the GA.

Christophs
January 29, 2018, 10:29 AM
I’ve owned the Lite 7, Atlantic, GG, B7 and GA. They’re all excellent. Pound for pound, size of case, not having to fuss about tube rolling, I love the GA.

Once you found the tube matching your System and Lampi DAC best, there is no tube rolling necessary anymore ;)
In my case that is, by a considerable margin, the KR 242 output tubes :congrats:
In combination with the KR 5U4G anniversary rectifier tube

Mike
January 29, 2018, 11:12 AM
Once you found the tube matching your System and Lampi DAC best, there is no tube rolling necessary anymore ;)
In my case that is, by a considerable margin, the KR 242 output tubes :congrats:

That’s a great combo! Congrats.

Elberoth
January 29, 2018, 11:24 AM
Double post.

wisnon
January 29, 2018, 03:20 PM
T-100 baybeeee! LoL

CGabriel
January 29, 2018, 07:06 PM
Review: http://hifiknights.com/reviews/sources/lampizator-pacific/

I think Dawid did a beautiful job of describing the Golden Gate. I mirrors my own experience with it. I have had the opportunity to compare it with many DACs. We recently did a DAC shootout with several illuminaries in attendance. And like Dawid, the GG remained my personal favorite. That being said, there are some extremely good DACs available now; and some of them are quite inexpensive, some coming very close to the best available. But there is a something 'extra' that the best DACs extract from the music that is objectively subtle and yet so very important at recreating a live experience. The GG is one of only a handful of DACs that I have personally experienced that are capable of delivering that 'extra' something that makes you want to keep listening even when it is time to get on with the world around you.

I am looking forward to receiving my Pacific that will be replacing my Golden Gate II. BTW, I have opted for the KR Riccardo 300Bs. That is something that I wish Dawid had reported on. But there are many nice tubes that can be used to appease ones personal taste.

The HFK guy
January 29, 2018, 07:47 PM
BTW, I have opted for the KR Riccardo 300Bs. That is something that I wish Dawid had reported on. But there are many nice tubes that can be used to appease ones personal taste.

It's coming. Lots of glass to play with. All from KR Audio. It'll happen soon(ish).

Mike
January 29, 2018, 07:54 PM
It's coming. Lots of glass to play with. All from KR Audio. It'll happen soon(ish).

Hi Dawid. Thanks for joining.

Mike

Christophs
January 30, 2018, 08:16 AM

Thank you Dawid for the thorough Review.
I'm really looking forward to your assessment of the other KR tubes in GG and Pacific.

My personal favorite in the GG (by a big margin) is the KR 242. If they work in your System gainwise, they will shame all other tubes. At least that is my experience.

The HFK guy
January 30, 2018, 11:01 AM
Thank you Dawid for the thorough Review.
I'm really looking forward to your assessment of the other KR tubes in GG and Pacific.

My personal favorite in the GG (by a big margin) is the KR 242. If they work in your System gainwise, they will shame all other tubes. At least that is my experience.

I don't have 242. There are three other pairs (four with my WE101D-L) and for now I can only say that one specific model stands out of this crowd in a rather big way.

There's a number of rectifiers on top of that, but that's another story.

Christophs
January 30, 2018, 11:59 AM
You tell me the contestants and I tell you which one stands out ;)

The HFK guy
January 30, 2018, 12:01 PM
You tell me the contestants and I tell you which one stands out ;)

This would spoil the whole thing, no?

:exciting:

Christophs
January 30, 2018, 12:19 PM
This would spoil the whole thing, no?

:exciting:

But I could demonstrate my visionary power :rolleyes:;)

wisnon
January 30, 2018, 02:53 PM
Caelin...T100!

CGabriel
January 30, 2018, 03:07 PM
Caelin...T100!

That is definitely extreme! Do they fit and work without modification?
Are you using these on your GG?

wisnon
January 30, 2018, 03:10 PM
Works on Pac for sure and a friend will test with GG on 300b setting.

I have not tested them yet....but heard good things..

CGabriel
January 30, 2018, 04:09 PM
Works on Pac for sure and a friend will test with GG on 300b setting.

I have not tested them yet....but heard good things..

Thank you. I am very interested in your thoughts on it.

wisnon
February 9, 2018, 06:01 AM
Tube Rolling follow up on the Pac:
http://hifiknights.com/reviews/sources/lampizator-pacific-the-glassy-story/

D10
March 6, 2018, 10:32 AM
Has anybody compared T-100 and new KR-300B RK in B7 or GG?

Marslo
March 6, 2018, 01:31 PM
Tomorrow will receive KR 300 B RK edition and will compare them with my nearly 2 years old KR PX4 which replaced Psvane 101D WE replicas.

D10
March 10, 2018, 11:09 AM
Hey Marslo! Have you tried 300B RK?
Thx

Marslo
March 11, 2018, 10:39 AM
Hey Marslo! Have you tried 300B RK?
Thx
First impressions were confusing so I need to burn them up a bit longer.
Today is a vinyl day, will report shortly:)

Marslo
March 11, 2018, 10:50 AM
Just as an appetizer:) also called « amuse- bouche »:)

D10
March 11, 2018, 10:58 AM
Ha! They look gorgeous! Looking forward for your report

wisnon
March 11, 2018, 01:02 PM
Just as an appetizer:) also called « amuse- bouche »:)
Que bella.

Time for a new full system pic.

Marslo
March 13, 2018, 11:26 AM
As promised here are my conclusions after about 12 h of burning up my RK 300b

1/day 1 - very technical sound with impressive detail retrieval but missing saturation and warmness expected from 300 B tube
2/ day 2- sound over saturated, where is transparency??
3/ start to sing, big improvement in soundstage and separation, outstanding impression of live like presentation, better timbral accuracy
The triplle thikness glass makes a job, much less ringing frequencies compared to PX4 and consequently - less distorted sound.
Those 300 B are much heavier than PX4 because the glass of the valve is much thicker.
Yesterday among other recordings I listened to Sheherazade - a native DSD recording by Fonè which does not bring musicians to your home but transfer you to Torino Phillharmonic House where the music was performed which is even more difficult.
All spatial cues of the concert are reproduced with uncanny precision, only the smell of the Chanel no 5 parfum of your neighbour lady is missing:)

Today when I installed again the PX 4 tubes for comparison the sound became more blurred and less precise but a bit smoother than with 300b, I am sure they need more hours.
And the soundstage lost a part of 3 dimensionality and holography so impressive with 300B RK.

Those 300 b RK edition are not cheap , with 23 % VAT a pair cost nearly 1250 Euro here in Poland but if one want the tubes which are stock tubes in Pacific DAC , you have to pay.
I am happy with this upgrade of power tubes in my B7.
Probably will swap to KR 5u4g RK edition as well.

Gopher
April 4, 2018, 05:39 PM
I'm pleased to report four final specification Pacific's have shipped to the US in the last week with several more on the way.

Here's some feedback I received today from a happy new owner:

Hi Fred,

Here's the latest update:

The special Riccardo Kron Anniversary tubes reached a breakthrough after 100 hours of burn in and are now noticeably superior to the (already outstanding) KR PX4 and 5G4U tubes. I fully expect the Riccardo tubes will continue to improve with another 100 hours of burn in time. Compared with other tubes, they have an immediacy, intense clarity, and delicate rendering of micro details with no exaggeration of tonalities and with zero harshness or grain.

The Pacific DAC is now at a mind-bending level of musicality unlike anything I've ever heard; it's more than twice as good now as it was right out of the flight case. There's a pervasive elegance and depth to each piece of music. The Pacific has an assured, confident strength, never forcing its will upon the music but allowing every nuance and subtlety within the recording to be expressed without coloration or distortion in a three dimensional space that in many ways recreates the experience of a live performance. There's a full expression of dynamic range and a startling immediacy of each note without hardness or artificiality. The music envelops you with a deep, enrapturing quality that stays with you long after the music ends. Ahhhh....

Best regards,

C***

Golum
April 5, 2018, 03:28 AM
I'm pleased to report four final specification Pacific's have shipped to the US in the last week with several more on the way.

Here's some feedback I received today from a happy new owner:

Hi Fred,

Here's the latest update:

The special Riccardo Kron Anniversary tubes reached a breakthrough after 100 hours of burn in and are now noticeably superior to the (already outstanding) KR PX4 and 5G4U tubes. I fully expect the Riccardo tubes will continue to improve with another 100 hours of burn in time. Compared with other tubes, they have an immediacy, intense clarity, and delicate rendering of micro details with no exaggeration of tonalities and with zero harshness or grain.

The Pacific DAC is now at a mind-bending level of musicality unlike anything I've ever heard; it's more than twice as good now as it was right out of the flight case. There's a pervasive elegance and depth to each piece of music. The Pacific has an assured, confident strength, never forcing its will upon the music but allowing every nuance and subtlety within the recording to be expressed without coloration or distortion in a three dimensional space that in many ways recreates the experience of a live performance. There's a full expression of dynamic range and a startling immediacy of each note without hardness or artificiality. The music envelops you with a deep, enrapturing quality that stays with you long after the music ends. Ahhhh....

Best regards,

C***

Would that be from Caelin - as he was supposed to get one :-)...if not, I'm very much interested to read his opinion.

Cheers

Gopher
April 17, 2018, 10:26 AM
That is actually from another gentleman in OR.

We are hoping to get Caelin's out to him this week before we hit the Munich show though, so stay tuned!

Elberoth
July 13, 2018, 06:27 PM
I have orderd the Pacific today. It should be ready in 4 weeks. Can't wait !

wisnon
July 13, 2018, 06:54 PM
Super!

WHAT colour?

Nikhil
July 14, 2018, 02:37 AM

Congratulations Adam!

Elberoth
July 14, 2018, 03:07 AM
All gold with volume.

wisnon
July 14, 2018, 05:00 AM
You will love it, if your taste is similar to mine.

Golum
July 14, 2018, 05:45 AM
Beyond good choice! Congrats!

Color wise I would need cooper/silver for deception purposes as it would be more difficult for better half to recognize the change vs GG :-)

SCAudiophile
July 14, 2018, 06:08 AM
Elberoth: Congratulations! What a fantastic upgrade....Lampi makes amazing gear; several friends have Lukasz's work and it all sounds amazing. This
new DAC is particularly beautiful...very happy for you!

Audio 1
July 14, 2018, 09:03 AM

That is awesome!!
You will receive the unit much faster than the wait time for US customers.

Nikhil
July 24, 2018, 01:18 PM
Does anyone else think the volume knob could be a little more substantial?

http://www.zeroimage.com/Pinhole/Zero2000_advanceKnob.jpg

Golum
July 24, 2018, 02:47 PM
Nikhil I’ve seen it live and the entire faceplate looks very very nice and sleak so IMHO bigger knob would ruin this balance.

Cheers

Marslo
August 7, 2018, 01:52 PM
Mr Lampizator in person came.
And left.
Pacific SE stayed:)

Elberoth
August 7, 2018, 03:09 PM
Wow - congrats!

What version did you get ? No volume single ended ? What tubes ?

Marslo
August 7, 2018, 03:13 PM
Wow - congrats!

What version did you get ? No volume single ended ? What tubes ?
Thank you Adam , just SE version, no volume control, I swapped my tubes from B7 ie RK300 B bought a few month ago and KR 5u4g standard edition with rhodium coated pins, fully burned in with +1000h.

Elberoth
August 7, 2018, 03:18 PM
That is a nice tube choice. I think I will go with the new T100 tubes, but I will also try the KR300B.

wisnon
August 7, 2018, 03:19 PM
Try the 242 or the Holy Trinity!

Takatsuki 300b with Tak 274b. Thank me later.

Also try the Cheap Shuguang 274b with RK300b and 242 too.

Audio 1
August 7, 2018, 03:22 PM
That is awesome Marslo ...... Congratulations!!

Marslo
August 7, 2018, 03:23 PM
Try the 242 or the Holy Trinity!

Takatsuki 300b with Tak 274b.
Norman, I tried 242 with B7 , too much gain in my setup.
Prefered PX4 to them, RK 300 B are even better imho.
Takatsuki - have to robb the bank:)

Marslo
August 7, 2018, 03:24 PM
Thank you Audio1:)

Marslo
August 7, 2018, 03:26 PM
That is a nice tube choice. I think I will go with the new T100 tubes, but I will also try the KR300B.
Well, T100 are very attractive option.

Christophs
August 7, 2018, 05:47 PM
Well, T100 are very attractive option.

At least in my GG1 I didn't like the T100 too much.
I still pefer the 242 by quite a margin ;)

Marslo
August 8, 2018, 12:58 AM
I tried KR 242 with my B7, very good tubes indeed but too much gain in my setup, kept PX4 for 2 years , than replaced them with RK300B .

Golum
August 8, 2018, 01:00 AM
Marslo congrats for the uber amazing DAC!

Elberoth
August 8, 2018, 04:37 AM

I believe the tube heating in the GG1 is not up to the task for T100 as each tube takes 2A.

wisnon
August 8, 2018, 09:16 AM
Ahhh Marslo,

The Pac is a different animal and you will find your tube preferences will likely shift!

I speak from personal and also2nd hand experience.

Try and you will see. You are local, so you can borrow tubes from Lampi to try and even do temporary exchanges with Adam if he has different tubes. You will find that a rolling session makes for a GREAT party with fellow audiophiles and some surprises are guaranteed!

wisnon
August 8, 2018, 09:17 AM
I believe the tube heating in the GG1 is not up to the task for T100 as each tube takes 2A.

Could be. Pac changes the established order, that is for sure.

Christophs
August 8, 2018, 09:28 AM
Hello Adam

This sounds plausible.
As I have T100 tubes in one of my amps anyways, I will be able to try them again, once a chance for a Pacific demo should arise :rolleyes:

Mike
August 8, 2018, 09:30 AM

Glad to hear you say the RK300b are your faves.

Marslo
August 8, 2018, 11:41 AM

I heard yesterday from Lukasz that your Pac is on his way:)

Mike
August 8, 2018, 12:08 PM
I heard yesterday from Lukasz that your Pac is on his way:)

Shhhh....that’s supposed to be a secret. [emoji6]

The one he’s sending is actually for my customer. I still need to get him my GG and $$$ for the trade up.

astrotoy
August 8, 2018, 12:40 PM
I've had my new (used) GG for less than 3 weeks. Fortunate to find two! pairs of the EML Anniversary mesh globe 45's, and bought a new RK KR 5U4G for it. The GG has been a revelation. Can't imagine how good the Pacific is.

Larry

Marslo
August 8, 2018, 01:56 PM
Shhhh....that’s supposed to be a secret. [emoji6]

The one he’s sending is actually for my customer. I still need to get him my GG and $$$ for the trade up.

Oops!;)

wisnon
August 8, 2018, 06:09 PM

Mike, that was with his B7. Pac changes things.

You have a very nice tube stash, so when you get the Pac, please roll with wild abandon and let me know!

Elberoth
August 9, 2018, 04:37 AM
I've had my new (used) GG for less than 3 weeks. Fortunate to find two! pairs of the EML Anniversary mesh globe 45's, and bought a new RK KR 5U4G for it. The GG has been a revelation. Can't imagine how good the Pacific is.

Larry

The Pacific is a bit more resolved and articulate. But the GG is still a world class DAC. I'm upgrading since audiophilia nervosa has hit me again, but I could equally well live with the GG. I just cannot stress how good the GG is. At the current S/H prices (lots of folks upgrading to Pacific) the GG is a true hi-end bargain.

Golum
August 9, 2018, 04:55 AM
The Pacific is a bit more resolved and articulate. But the GG is still a world class DAC. I'm upgrading since audiophilia nervosa has hit me again, but I could equally well live with the GG. I just cannot stress how good the GG is. At the current S/H prices (lots of folks upgrading to Pacific) the GG is a true hi-end bargain.
Well said well said well said....but I still WANT that Pacific (badly) :weird::cryforjoy::wacko:

wisnon
August 9, 2018, 11:05 AM

Brilliantly put!

I have a demo unit here at the moment and its wonderful. I will shed a tear when it leaves and then will reinsert the GG1 (latest upgrade) and cheer myself up with a wonderful consolation prize. The only better consolation would be GG2. LoL

wisnon
August 11, 2018, 05:09 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156871494863689&id=629938688

wisnon
August 11, 2018, 05:11 PM
So, I’ve spent the last 2 years basking in the beautiful sound that my LampizatOr Golden Gate DAC delivered, firmly believing that the music I get to listen to any time I want would never get any better..
Then Lukasz Fikus and the amazing team at LampizatOr decided to create the ‘Pacific’.. And not only did they create something amazing, I was able to trade my Golden Gate in for 100% of the price I paid two years ago!.. In the world of high end audio, this isn’t an offer I’ve ever seen..
So, long story short, I decided to order a Pacific Balanced DAC and trade in my Golden Gate.. Earlier this week my Pacific DAC arrived, and hoping I’d made a good decision, I installed it in place of the Golden Gate... And then.. Magic happened!
I think I’ve probably spent 10 hours a day since - well into the wee early hours - listening to music I know and love.. Seemless swapping from PCM to DSD - and everything in-between - and I think I may have found musical Nirvana.. ��
Every recording I have reveals new detail - but more importantly it delivers a balance between every vocal and instrumental voice that creates a third dimension I hadn’t believed I’d ever hear..
Experiencing the body sensation you had in a concert hall when a big orchestra just fills - and then vacates - the air around you, or being at a concert when you float on the energy that makes the room so alive that you’re carried away with the music.. That’s what this is like..
I’ve no idea how Lukasz and his team have achieved this, but all that’s left to say is that if you have been considering upgrading to - or purchasing - the LampizatOr Pacific DAC, just dive on in and DO IT.. It’s a decision you’ll never regret..
Here’s a brief glimpse of the Pacific sitting atop the rest of the amazing pieces that make up the musical joy that fills my life, as the sun went down on a cold Melbourne winter evening..

Marslo
August 12, 2018, 02:31 AM
Norman, couldn’t describe it better.
The day before yestarday I listened to Air Bach( hires 24/96) performed by Akiko Meyers and reached the state of « nirvana « as well.
Congratulations on your new Pacific.

wisnon
August 12, 2018, 04:08 AM
Not mine...its feedback I saw from Australia on FBook and posted here. I tend to agree as well after having Pac on extended demo. It takes off soon to the other end of CH where there will be new evaluations.

wisnon
August 12, 2018, 04:12 AM
Marslo, your feedback carries a lot of weight with me as you stayed with upgraded B7 over GG...this means you wanted a HUGE change to upgrade. Well you finally did and that says a lot.

Golum
August 17, 2018, 04:29 AM

Hi Caelin;

I was wondering if your PAC arrived and your impressions on it?

Cheers;
G

Golum
September 9, 2018, 11:29 AM
As Norman would say Pacific sailed to Stenheim demo room...pure bliss with Alumine 5, Nagra Classic Integrated & Aurender
http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23669&stc=1http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23670&stc=1http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23671&stc=1

Golum
September 9, 2018, 11:30 AM
https://youtu.be/kjo3G13wWPc

Golum
October 7, 2018, 03:08 AM
Don't know really where to put this so i decided to plug it in here as it is Pacific related. I just came back from a fantastic few hours spend with Lukasz himself at his premises and in a nutshell it was more than great time spent. We discussed many things (majority out of HiFi world) as he is a really interesting person very easy to talk to.
Of course good part of the visit was dedicated/spent in his demo room where main stage was taken by his monsters from Pacific line (DAC and 211 monoblocks).
Listening to his creations I was honestly quite blown away with the overall presentation. I can't really find better words but in my mind what i heard was somehow a perfect blend of tube mellowness and speed and transparency of SS. System sounds extremely fast, detailed, creating huge soundstage in all directions without anything sticking out or being fatiguing. There are layers and layers of music coming out of the speakers so nicely blended that the overall result is pure magic.
Speakers were his creation FE P17 and the source was moded (of course :)) TEAC CD player as the server was packed for the event he is hosting in Warsaw tomorrow.
As I've seen and heard Pacific DAC in several systems so I was more focused on monoblocks which took my entire attention as their visual appearance is IMHO totally stunning. If I would not have small kids at home, those monsters would be on the top of my shopping list or wishlist send to Santa Claus. Super highly recommended to give them a try if you ever have a chance. Lukasz thanks again! Few pictures are following...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxnsXw3HiTM

http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23866&stc=1http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23867&stc=1http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23868&stc=1http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23869&stc=1http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23870&stc=1http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23871&stc=1

Elberoth
October 9, 2018, 03:10 PM
I'm still waiting for mine :(

The DAC is ready but the T100 tubes I have asked for are backordered.

wisnon
October 9, 2018, 04:14 PM
Ya gonna love it. Dunno T100, but 242 is da bomb.

Elberoth
October 9, 2018, 04:19 PM
I will probably try both.

Christophs
October 9, 2018, 04:55 PM
Hi Adam

I'm still waiting for mine :(

The DAC is ready but the T100 tubes I have asked for are backordered.

Will you get a dedicated setting for the T100 an the 5-way rotary selector?
What tube selections will you get?
The Demo Pac I'm listening to right now doesn't have a T100 setting, only 45, 242, PX4, 101d and 300b.
As a matter of fact I'm listening to the Pac with the T100 inserted but on the 300b setting.
I took out the T100's out of one of my KR amps to try.

In the GG it sounded ok with the T100 tubes, but not in the league of my other tubes.

wisnon
October 9, 2018, 05:12 PM
T100 is 5v heater like 300b. No need for a different setting.

Elberoth
October 9, 2018, 09:07 PM
Pls let me know what tube you end up keeping. I may still change the tube selection. In fact, I may just Łukasz to borrow me a couple of different sets ...

wisnon
October 10, 2018, 01:33 AM
a pal is using the t100 now on the Pac. lets see what he says vs 242. in our circle, we will try rk 300b, elrog and lampi mesh 45 AGs.

Christophs
October 10, 2018, 03:57 AM
Hi Norm

a pal is using the t100 now on the Pac. lets see what he says vs 242. in our circle, we will try rk 300b, elrog and lampi mesh 45 AGs.

Am I that pal? :rolleyes:
Or do you have even some more strange friends :wave:

Christophs
October 10, 2018, 04:22 AM
Hi Adam

Pls let me know what tube you end up keeping. I may still change the tube selection. In fact, I may just Łukasz to borrow me a couple of different sets ...

I will Keep all my tubes because I have several Systems where possibly different tubes could be a better match, depending on the System.
For example don't the "everybody's darling" EML 45 mesh Anniversary Globes match very well with one of my preamps, where they Sound completely anaemic and thin, while with the other preamp, they Sound very good. So I Keep them all :)

I have KR T100 (out of one of my amps), KR 242, KR PX25, EML 45 mesh Anniversary Globes and my "burner" tubes, the cheap plastic base psvane 101d (to Keep the DAC warm or for burn-in purposes)

Will have to do some more serious comparing with KR T100 against KR 242 but from my VERY short first Impression yesterday, the KR 242 remains the queen in my Castle :congrats:
That's a pity because the majestic T100 Looks VERY impressively serious compared to the inconspicuous looking 242 :rolleyes:

Marslo
October 10, 2018, 03:33 PM
I would take whatever Lukasz has available for now, the type of tube is very system and personal taste depending.
How you can wait?;)
I know, Audio Video Show is coming:)

Elberoth
October 11, 2018, 02:45 PM
I have a the latest $70k Vitus SM-103 monos sitting here ... I didn't have the time to even connect them, not to mention listen to them. They have been sitting in my listening room for like ... 3 months or so.

The show biz is taking all my time now. The show is huge ... over 170 rooms. Biggest ever. Damn, I wish it was already end of November.

wisnon
October 11, 2018, 03:22 PM
Keep the faith,Adam.

You put on a great show. Most enjoyable Consumer show.