PDA

View Full Version : sub to go with Marten Coltrane 3

pweg
September 24, 2017, 01:03 AM
Hi all - just playing with the idea of adding a sub to my Marten Coltrane 3's, as no matter what i say or do the valve power amps (triode corp M845) just can't do what the solid state amps i used to use (Vitus SM011) did.

so what shud i get? Magico Q15 is probably top of the list at the moment, but why about things like the evolution acoustics sub?

any thoughts welcome

Kuoppis
September 24, 2017, 03:18 AM
RELs are nice, so the No. 25 comes to mind. Mike has some RELs in the store as well, I am using REL S5 with Magico S3 mk2s.

Magicos are great, both the S and Q series, but they are pricey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tom_hankins
September 24, 2017, 04:59 AM
REL G1 or REL No.25 would be my choice. I regret selling my G1 and will probably get another REL in the near future. If you don't have the floor space, the REL 212se is really nice too.

sharkmouth
September 24, 2017, 06:18 AM
Hi all - just playing with the idea of adding a sub to my Marten Coltrane 3's, as no matter what i say or do the valve power amps (triode corp M845) just can't do what the solid state amps i used to use (Vitus SM011) did.

so what shud i get? Magico Q15 is probably top of the list at the moment, but why about things like the evolution acoustics sub?

any thoughts welcome
I know Boris will tell you either Magico or Wilson Benesch, he's right!

Phishphan
November 5, 2017, 11:45 AM
JL Audio makes a fantastic sub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim Smith
November 5, 2017, 04:44 PM
I may be in the minority here, but my advice to potential purchasers is if you can only get one sub, do without until you can get two.

the professor
November 6, 2017, 12:01 PM
I agree. The only exception is if you have an home theater only setup.

I may be in the minority here, but my advice to potential purchasers is if you can only get one sub, do without until you can get two.