PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a pair of S3's

russellbobby
August 21, 2017, 05:12 PM
Upgrading from a Merlin Mxr. I am going to be sitting pretty near field at about 9 ft. Speakers are 7ft apart and 2 feet off the front wall. Toe in suggestions or just trial and error?

Thanks for the input,
Russ

joeinid
August 21, 2017, 05:22 PM
Awesome! Congratulations!

Mike
August 21, 2017, 05:26 PM
Nice!! Congrats. :congrats:

Did you get S3 mk1's or mk2's?

The seating position won't be a problem. I have S3 mk2's in a small room and they work great. For toe in, aim the tweeter over the respective shoulder, just outside the ear (left speaker facing left shoulder just outside left ear). If you have a laser, that helps a lot!

Kuoppis
August 21, 2017, 05:34 PM
Congrats, great choice!

Wish you many hours of pleasure and enjoyment with your new speakers.

You can tune the soundstage to your liking by playing with the turn-in angle. I have my mk2s currently only moderately turned in for the LS to disappear and the soundstage to focus. But that might not be the final setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

russellbobby
August 21, 2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the tips. These are S3 mk1. I was not even in the market put couldn't pass up the deal. Not sure how the Odyssey amps are going to play with them. Most folks have higher end power. Hopefully I will have them by the weekend.
Am I right in thinking electronics on the warmer side with the s3's. ?

Jack
August 21, 2017, 09:44 PM
The Kismets should be fine with the S3. Valin's review of the Stratos Mono's was using Magico. The Kismets are step up from there.

kzhtoo
August 22, 2017, 12:08 AM
Great choice. Mk2 is all the rage these days but the big discount you are getting for mk1, it's a steal.

Mr Peabody
August 22, 2017, 09:21 AM
Congrats, always fun getting new gear.

the professor
August 22, 2017, 12:16 PM
Congrats!!!!

russellbobby
August 26, 2017, 08:48 AM
Looks like delivery is Monday. Can anybody tell me if the outriggers come with pucks for hardwood floors from the factory? I didn't know the grills were an option but they are included.
Thanks
Russ

Mike
August 26, 2017, 08:57 AM
Looks like delivery is Monday. Can anybody tell me if the outriggers come with pucks for hardwood floors from the factory? I didn't know the grills were an option but they are included.
Thanks
Russ

You should be receiving small discs for the spikes to go into on hardwood floors. Those are standard. If you don't get them, follow up with the seller. If he doesn't have them, you can perhaps reach out to Magico to purchase some. Congrats again.

russellbobby
October 29, 2017, 09:11 PM
Loving the S3. Just upgraded my interconnects to the Audience Au 24sx and the speakers got even better :)

joeinid
October 29, 2017, 09:15 PM
Awesome, I’m so happy for you. Please keep the updates coming.

Penthouse-D
October 30, 2017, 08:39 PM
Hi Russ, I have the same speakers. I like them quite a bit. The pucks are included, as the grills were for me. Maybe an option now though. I like mine toed in about 2". All personal preference, room size etc. Maybe pick up some gliders from Herbie's Audio Lab so you can slide them around. Enjoy!!!!

Mjd
November 2, 2017, 10:05 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy the Magico ride:woot: