PDA

View Full Version : grandinote genesi

hifinutt
June 25, 2017, 10:46 AM
review of the latest pre amp from grandinote .

I really didn't expect such an interest about the all new Grandinote Genesi ultimate preamplifier. Based on the responses and requests, that came I've write up the first part of the review about this highly potent solid state preamplifier. You can also find an exclusive peek under the hood of the Genesi's and see the internal structure and design.

So what makes Genesi tick? It was designed from ground up to bring unrivalled completeness and consistency of the sound. Genesi operates in pure Class A without feedback, is fully dual-mono based and uses direct coupling stages in absence of any capacitors between them. Genesi's circuits were designed and optimised to follow the music's pace as well as to have ability to drive any power amplifier.

Grandinote circuits are very similar across all of the Massimiliano's products and one can recognise the Grandinote DNA across the complete product line like with the products like Shinai, Celio, Volta, preamplifiers and power amps. Even the Grandinote MACH speakers are designed to to follow the sonic orientation of naturalness, speed, energy, extension, a lot of details and informations etc.

more here
http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/06/grandinote-genesi-ultimate-preamplifier.html

bobwah
July 29, 2017, 12:29 PM
I just ordered one of these. Cant wait :)

hifinutt
July 29, 2017, 02:13 PM
wow....keep us posted

bobwah
July 29, 2017, 10:10 PM
wow....keep us posted

Will do!

I went all out and ordered a set of Demone also.

Should take delivery in 2-3 weeks. About the same time my Mrs will find out :ninja:

Kuoppis
July 30, 2017, 02:27 AM
Will do!

I went all out and ordered a set of Demone also.

Should take delivery in 2-3 weeks. About the same time my Mrs will find out :ninja:

Congrats! Excellent choice, please report back about the sound when they arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bobwah
July 30, 2017, 09:15 AM
Thanks Kuoppis, ill keep you posted.. I agree its a great choice :)

Audiophon
August 30, 2017, 09:08 AM
Thanks Kuoppis, ill keep you posted.. I agree its a great choice :)

Again congrats for the fantastic amps!

Have the Grandinote babies arrived?

What speakers do you use? What amplification did you have before??

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

bobwah
August 30, 2017, 09:20 AM
Thanks Audiophon!

Yes they have arrived :D

My whole system is going through transition at the moment and have been too busy to listen. Well just a little :)

Its quite remarkable what the Grandinote electronics can do. Its basically a tube amplifier but without tubes. With sonic attribute of tube and solid state. Closest thing ive could compare to is darTZeel but with more power than darTZeel.. unless you can afford NHB468 of course lol :D
My old amp sounds a bit lifeless and nowhere near as musical.

A very good match with TAD R1 the Demone and Genesi. Plenty of power!

Still early days..

Working on updating my cables now... fun fun!

Audiophon
August 30, 2017, 09:28 AM
Glad to hear!

I also changed from Pass XA 100.5 to the Demone and was wowed by the difference! You'll see that they will still greatly improve over time. Mine took weeks to fully break in.

I love your speakers, they are one of my all time favourites! I always read that they are incredibly power hungry... interesting that the 60 watt class A are enough to drive them adequately!

I also know that the new Genesi is a big improvement over my Domino, so sooner or later I'll definitely upgrade.

Keep us updated and please send some pics!

bobwah
August 30, 2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks ! good to know about burn in.
Mine has very few hours on them and already sound great.

Yes 60watts pure class A watts ;)

Audiophon
September 13, 2017, 02:38 AM
Hi Bob, any news about your new amp? They now should be broken in ...

What other amps did you consider before buying the Grandinote?