Mike
May 29, 2017, 01:47 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Tiger Woods arrested on suspicion of DUI

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/29/us/tiger-woods-arrested-dui/index.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuoppis
May 29, 2017, 02:10 PM
Very sad. The higher you fly, the deeper you fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wisnon
May 29, 2017, 04:19 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Tiger Woods arrested on suspicion of DUI

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/29/us/tiger-woods-arrested-dui/index.html

Man, he looks BAD! Hardly recognized him.

Phil A
May 29, 2017, 06:33 PM
Man, he looks BAD! Hardly recognized him.

That was my thought exactly. If he could clean up his image a bit, he might be able to eventually find an opportunity in broadcasting. I find it hard to believe he's ever going to be close to the golfer he once was.

Kuoppis
May 29, 2017, 09:26 PM
I find it hard to believe he's ever going to be close to the golfer he once was.

I'm positive that ship has sailed.

jdandy
May 29, 2017, 09:48 PM
Tiger Woods booking photo taken this morning (May 29, 2017) at a local Palm Beach County jail.

http://media2.wptv.com/photo/2017/05/29/wptv-tiger-wood-mugshot_1496072316915_60340617_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Mike
May 29, 2017, 09:53 PM
A good role model for his children. Not.

Big B
May 30, 2017, 12:40 AM
Let's not just presume he is guilty just because the media found a bad picture.

even if were true you never ever ever been on a bender

joeinid
May 30, 2017, 01:11 AM
It may not have been alcohol, but pain meds. By refusing a sobriety test, I think he automatically loses his license for one year. That may have made it worse than it was, but his back pain may have been an issue for a long time. It's sad.

CPP
May 30, 2017, 08:21 AM
I guess he forget there are other drivers out there to use, like a taxi or Uber.

I have no sympathy for people that drive intoxicated. I'm just glad he didn't kill anyone.

Shadowfax
May 30, 2017, 08:56 AM
It may not have been alcohol, but pain meds. By refusing a sobriety test, I think he automatically loses his license for one year. That may have made it worse than it was, but his back pain may have been an issue for a long time. It's sad.

Yeah, he didn't know that if you took 8 of them you would get stoned.

Edward
May 30, 2017, 10:05 AM
should have used Driver on that one....

crwilli
May 30, 2017, 04:58 PM
No doubt he made bad choices no matter how he got to where they found him parked. Hundreds of explanations are possible but the fact is he was clearly not able to drive and shouldn't have gotten behind the wheel. With his past, he has shown he can make bad decisions. He needs help and I hope he doesn't find a 'Michael Jackson or Prince type' doctor.

still-one
May 30, 2017, 05:11 PM

His BA level came back .000

Big B
May 30, 2017, 08:57 PM
should have used Driver on that one....
+1

cmarin
May 30, 2017, 11:27 PM
A quote from Jack Nicklaus, someone who has always epitomized class:

"I feel bad for Tiger. Tiger's a friend. He's been great for the game of golf. I think he needs all our help, and we wish him well".

Kuoppis
May 30, 2017, 11:54 PM
A quote from Jack Nicklaus, someone that has always epitomized class

Greatness does not require an explanation.

tom_hankins
May 31, 2017, 05:34 PM
His BA level came back .000

One positive for sure. Glad no alcohol was involved. I would be surprised if he doesn't get unlimited opioids for his back, and probably been getting them for quite awhile.

mep
June 1, 2017, 11:41 AM
Well, some people here had Tiger already convicted of drunken driving and refusing to submit to a breathalyzer test-neither of which turned out to be true. Tiger did recently undergo spinal fusion surgery so I'm sure we will find out he was under the influence of the pain medication(s) he was prescribed. Did he understand before he got into his car the effect the medication he was on was going to cause him? I don't have the answer to that, but in this case I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt unless new FACTS emerge.

the professor
June 1, 2017, 12:16 PM
It is sad that we all jump to conclusions these days. I know I did.

Nikhil
June 1, 2017, 12:27 PM
I felt really bad for Tiger just watching the video. Nobody deserves this kind of humiliation. I don't understand why the cops released that clip to the media. For me if they got a 0 reading on the breathalyzer, couldn't they just have handled him better than they did.

He was cooperative in every way possible. I don't understand the need to handcuff him.

Shadowfax
June 1, 2017, 12:30 PM
DUI is not just for alcohol, it is any substance that will impair your driving. Doesn't matter what he blows in a breathalyzer, he was abusing his pain meds to get stoned. He could have seriously injured others with his car, so yes, he is the same criminal as anyone else that gets caught and his rich boy status should not protect him from self inflicted humiliation.

hifinutt
June 1, 2017, 12:44 PM
there but for the grace of God go I !! could be anyone of us , hope he gets some help

Nikhil
June 1, 2017, 12:44 PM
DUI is not just for alcohol, it is any substance that will impair your driving. Doesn't matter what he blows in a breathalyzer, he was abusing his pain meds to get stoned. He could have seriously injured others with his car, so yes, he is the same criminal as anyone else that gets caught and his rich boy status should not protect him from self inflicted humiliation.

Not quite up to date with the facts but I am familiar with strong reactions to medications.
I'd like to give Tiger the benefit at this time until facts prove otherwise.

asindc
June 1, 2017, 03:11 PM

We don't know that.

Mike
June 1, 2017, 03:11 PM
We don't know that.

Agreed. I highly doubt that.

CPP
June 1, 2017, 03:22 PM
Driving while impaired just isn't smart period and I don't care who you are. All he had to do was call someone. End of story which means there would not be a story.

Mike
June 1, 2017, 03:24 PM
It's possible he took the meds and then started to suffer the side affects. Also, he pulled off the side of the road (good!).

wisnon
June 1, 2017, 03:34 PM
He was parked at the side of the road asleep.

It is a reach to expect that patients will understand drug-drug interaction unless specifically warned.

I dont even LIKE Tiger Woods but find the crusade against him most misguided. He felt funny and did the right thing, he pulled over and fell asleep...what we would do if we were feeling sleepy on a road trip. RESPONSIBLE action, assuming he was not feeling like this when he started the journey.

This is not aimed at YOU per se, but at the cops looking for their 15 mins of fame and the tabloids looking for a headline.

Nothing to see here...move it along folks.

wisnon
June 1, 2017, 03:37 PM
Driving while impaired just isn't smart period and I don't care who you are. All he had to do was call someone. End of story which means there would not be a story.
He may not have felt that way at the start. Imagine he took the drugs just before getting the car and the impact didnt hit tll he was on the way. feeling woozy (and not knowing why) he pulled over and fell asleep.

That is very plausible and if so commendable.

If he did what you implied, then he would have been reckless. If he kept driving no matter what, then that is reckless endangerment.

wisnon
June 1, 2017, 03:49 PM
One positive for sure. Glad no alcohol was involved. I would be surprised if he doesn't get unlimited opioids for his back, and probably been getting them for quite awhile.
I would be surprised if what you say was actually true.

Why? Cause Tiger has a lotta money and opioid abuse has gotten a LOT of press in recent years. Unless he wanted to allow himself a fast downward spiral, he and his Docs would be doing a multi-modal pain management protocol and avoiding addiction like the plague! He would be cycling thru different classes of pain meds in the maintenance phase. In the acute phase, they could push it while tapering at an appropriate pace. This is dangerous stuff.

Micheal Jackson died from OD-ing on doctor prescribed prophyphol which is essentially a powerful surgical class anesthetic that requires active full time monitoring by a health pro. These things are no joke.

Shadowfax
June 1, 2017, 05:36 PM
We don't know that.

Yeah, it's a reach and will be interesting how it plays out. Too many elite "stars" have died abusing drugs lately and it's hard to believe someone that smart does not know the effects of the drugs he is taking for long periods. And lets hope he wasn't using a doctor like MJ and Prince had.

CPP
June 1, 2017, 08:25 PM
He may not have felt that way at the start. Imagine he took the drugs just before getting the car and the impact didnt hit tll he was on the way. feeling woozy (and not knowing why) he pulled over and fell asleep.

That is very plausible and if so commendable.

If he did what you implied, then he would have been reckless. If he kept driving no matter what, then that is reckless endangerment.

TW has had more than one operation on his back spanning from 2010 up to his latest back surgery this year and numerous surgeries on his knees so I think the man knows what these drugs do inside your system. Hopefully he will learn from this. And stay home.

Shadowfax
August 15, 2017, 09:12 AM
Latest update......What a nice Cocktail he was Self Prescribing

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/08/14/report-tiger-woods-had-five-drugs-in-system-at-time-of-dui-arre/23077668/

Aug 14 (Reuters) - Former world number one golfer Tiger Woods had five different drugs in his system when he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in May, according to an ESPN report on Monday.
ESPN, which cited a copy of the toxicology report, said Woods had Hydrocodone, the generic form of a painkiller branded as Vicodin; Hydromorphone, a painkiller known as Dilaudid; Alprazolam, a mood and sleep drug known as Xanax; Zolpidem, a sleep drug known as Ambien; and Delta-9 carboxy THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, in his system.