PDA

View Full Version : Magico M3 unboxing

Elberoth
January 22, 2017, 02:38 PM
http://www.audionet.com.tw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9243&page=1&extra#pid48321

Melbguy1
January 22, 2017, 10:29 PM
http://www.audionet.com.tw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9243&page=1&extra#pid48321
Good catch Adam. Before I had my S5 Mk2's delivered I went through a similar exercise & tracked down a set of pics of S5 Mk2 & S7's being uncrated which I sent to the Shipping firm as a heads up. That info was helpful in their planning, though it would have been even more helpful if I could have viewed the owner's manual beforehand, as I only realised later (after Magico emailed me the owner's manual) that the sides of the crate should be removed before moving the speakers. But we managed fine in any case :whew:.

Devg
January 22, 2017, 11:16 PM
wow, the crate unfolds as a ramp....incredible company with incredible ideas :rolleyes:

Elberoth
January 23, 2017, 07:15 AM
Good catch Adam. Before I had my S5 Mk2's delivered I went through a similar exercise & tracked down a set of pics of S5 Mk2 & S7's being uncrated which I sent to the Shipping firm as a heads up. That info was helpful in their planning, though it would have been even more helpful if I could have viewed the owner's manual beforehand, as I only realised later (after Magico emailed me the owner's manual) that the sides of the crate should be removed before moving the speakers. But we managed fine in any case :whew:.

I'm not sure I have removed the sides to uncrate my S5s ...

I think it was not necessary.

Rhapsody
January 23, 2017, 07:46 AM

I think it was not necessary.

I unloaded and installed my M3's solo and did not take the sides/back walls of the crates off. You just take off the metal pieces holding the feet off, unlock the wheels, put the front wall down as a ramp and wheel them down. It took me about 1.5 hours to completely uncrate both M3's and wheel into position.

Although I would NEVER recommend anyone to do it solo. I have unloaded and installed a lot of Magicos and it's now second nature. If there are no steps then 2 able men are suitable for the job.

Melbguy1
January 23, 2017, 08:22 AM

I think it was not necessary.Thanks for your f'back Adam. I didn't think so either :cool:.

bzr
January 23, 2017, 03:14 PM
I unloaded and installed my M3's solo and did not take the sides/back walls of the crates off. You just take off the metal pieces holding the feet off, unlock the wheels, put the front wall down as a ramp and wheel them down. It took me about 1.5 hours to completely uncrate both M3's and wheel into position.

Although I would NEVER recommend anyone to do it solo. I have unloaded and installed a lot of Magicos and it's now second nature. If there are no steps then 2 able men are suitable for the job.

Bob, just knock her over on the side & have at it with the jimmy bar, works a treat!!!:D

Rhapsody
January 23, 2017, 03:28 PM
Bob, just knock her over on the side & have at it with the jimmy bar, works a treat!!!:D

That only works "down under":snicker: