a.wayne
December 5, 2016, 01:39 AM
Where to stay........... ??

Ritmo
December 5, 2016, 07:01 AM
Thinking about it.

Audio 1
December 5, 2016, 10:32 AM
I am planning on attending, but need to figure out the best place to stay.
What do you recommend Mike?

Mike
December 5, 2016, 10:37 AM
Special Axpona Hotel Rate here: http://www.axpona.com/travel.asp?utm_source=AXPONA+Newsletter&utm_campaign=455ae5f045-Newsletter_120216&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ffacf4bdc9-455ae5f045-123337761

Register for tickets, here: http://www.axpona.com/register.asp?utm_source=AXPONA+Newsletter&utm_campaign=455ae5f045-Newsletter_120216&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ffacf4bdc9-455ae5f045-123337761

KeithR
December 5, 2016, 12:52 PM
Going to be in Kauai that weekend celebrating my 40th :)

I guess LAX is my only show next year.

Audio 1
December 11, 2016, 09:49 PM
We just booked flight and hotel for Axpona.

ben
December 19, 2016, 12:13 PM
I'm thinking of going as well. Never been to high-end audio show.

rrwmd
December 19, 2016, 12:16 PM
I'm in.

Mr Peabody
December 20, 2016, 01:07 AM
I've gone the past 2 years and have had a blast. I stayed at the same Hotel the show was at, too convenient, and it's a nice place. Last year I tried to visit as many rooms as I could, I didn't get a chance to shop for music and missed the headphone area. A lot to take in. I also attend the concerts, I should say of an evening, I didn't attend any of the day shows.

I have taken the time off, in case, but not made plans yet for 2017. It would be great to meet some of you guys.

Don C
January 8, 2017, 12:25 AM
I've gone every year but last year - just booked flights, room, and 3-day pass for 2017. Looking forward to it! :D

audiophil
January 8, 2017, 07:03 PM
If anyone is planning to attend and would like to split a double room at the Westin FRI and SAT nights, please send me a PM. Likely the only way I'll be able to swing it this year, and I really would like to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mike
January 12, 2017, 03:50 AM
Read this tonight: "AXPONA is benefiting greatly from the posture of CES. This year's event has picked up many long time CES only companies to do their product releases and distributor /dealer meetings. AXPONA has grown nicely producing it's 9th event in 7 years. Truly the Audio Expo of North America!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ritmo
January 12, 2017, 07:52 AM
I may attend again this year.

Alpinist
January 14, 2017, 11:37 AM
I booked my hotel and flights. My first big audio show. I look forward to meeting everyone there!

Best,
Ken

Mike
January 14, 2017, 12:04 PM
Huge Exhibitor list....so far!

http://www.axpona.com/exhibitors.asp?utm_source=011417&utm_campaign=17&utm_medium=email&utm_source=AXPONA+Newsletter&utm_campaign=46f7a4e752-newsletter_011417&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ffacf4bdc9-46f7a4e752-120909233

Alpinist
January 14, 2017, 01:32 PM
Huge Exhibitor list....so far!

http://www.axpona.com/exhibitors.asp?utm_source=011417&utm_campaign=17&utm_medium=email&utm_source=AXPONA+Newsletter&utm_campaign=46f7a4e752-newsletter_011417&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ffacf4bdc9-46f7a4e752-120909233

This is pretty exciting. Many brands I've always wanted to hear. I think I picked the right event for my first major one.

Ken

Ritmo
January 14, 2017, 06:25 PM
The list is quite good. I'm seriously considering going this year.

Audio 1
January 14, 2017, 09:00 PM
Looks like it will be a great show this year!

Don C
January 15, 2017, 10:41 PM
Exhibitor list looks robust! I am looking forward to listening and hearing. :)

erniejade
January 15, 2017, 11:55 PM
I live about 25 minutes away from it. I think Friday and Sunday I should be able to go.

Volya GmbH
January 17, 2017, 05:12 AM
Taking part in AXPONA. Had been discussing a lot where to go AXPONA or RMAF, AXPONA seemed better. People say that last year RMAF was a mess!

joeinid
January 17, 2017, 11:15 AM
Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

Volya GmbH
January 17, 2017, 11:23 AM
Thanks!

Volya GmbH
January 18, 2017, 04:05 AM
How do you think what's the best floor or level for exhibiting loudspeakers? We've booked the standard room on the 4th floor.

JazzLvr
January 24, 2017, 03:49 AM
I am going. Been there the last three years. The evening concerts are a real benefit since I don't know where to go after 6:00pm. Chicago can be a dangerous place lately.

tunes
January 24, 2017, 02:21 PM
Paula Cole will be performing at the City Winery Chicago on the Sat eve
http://www.citywinery.com/chicago/tickets/paula-cole-4-22-17.html
I saw Joan Armatrading solo at that venue when i was last at axpona and it's a great spot, easy to get to by transit.

Dizzie
January 24, 2017, 02:45 PM
Taking part in AXPONA. Had been discussing a lot where to go AXPONA or RMAF, AXPONA seemed better. People say that last year RMAF was a mess!

RMAF is by all accounts a very well run show with good attendance. Last year was an anomaly due to an extensive hotel renovation that was not completed on time. Do not use 2016 as a barometer.

rrwmd
January 24, 2017, 04:27 PM
JazzLvr--just took a closer look at your avatar. WTF??

Mr Peabody
January 24, 2017, 08:05 PM
I like the concerts as well, I got to meet Patricia Barber, and last year I met the Jazz organist while getting her to sign a CD, unfortunately the name escapes me. Of course, I got one signed by PB. Lynn Stanley is usually there, she occasionally breaks into song but I haven't seen her do a show.

You show a Coda amp CSX, my friend had a Coda amp but I thought it was CVX, I could be mistaken, if it's the same amp it's something special. It was a huge upgrade from the prior Coda and killer at it's price.

I am going. Been there the last three years. The evening concerts are a real benefit since I don't know where to go after 6:00pm. Chicago can be a dangerous place lately.

Mr Peabody
January 24, 2017, 08:10 PM
Some of the large rooms in the basement are good. A few smart rooms do some room treatment. I believe it's in the set up and execution though, companies like Sanders, Sonist Audio and several others were able to sound great in a typical room.

BayStBroker
January 24, 2017, 09:01 PM
I will be there. I always enjoy this show. Not as large as RMAF, but big enough. Venue is perfect and the short travel time is appealing.

Ritmo
February 3, 2017, 07:21 AM
Just booked my travel for Axpona. Looking forward to a great show, music and friends.

a.wayne
February 17, 2017, 10:56 AM
Going to be in Kauai that weekend celebrating my 40th

As an Audiophile ..... :)

Kuoppis
February 17, 2017, 11:53 AM
So, what will be on the menu for Axpona?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Peabody
February 17, 2017, 07:38 PM
No more rooms at the venue Hotel. My group is now losing enthusiasm.

Anyone who attended last year notice a blind guy wandering around?

Ritmo
February 19, 2017, 04:59 PM
I booked across the street at the Marriott.

the professor
February 19, 2017, 05:13 PM
Me too

I booked across the street at the Marriott.

Alpinist
February 19, 2017, 06:07 PM
I am really looking forward to Axpona. It appears that there are so many exhibits that I couldn't possibly see everything. I guess I will have to prioritize based on the rooms I'm most interested in.

Ken

Don C
March 7, 2017, 11:22 PM
I noticed Herron Audio will be there, room 534. Several years ago, his was one of my favorite systems - absolutely MUSICAL sounding gear, and a heck of a knowledgable guy.

I'm looking forward to listening there for sure. :tup:

Mr Peabody
March 7, 2017, 11:29 PM
Herrin is in my neck of the woods and sadly I haven't heard anything of his.

Mike
March 29, 2017, 03:22 PM
TOP 10 THINGS TO EXPERIENCE AT AXPONA, APRIL 21-23
Shop the latest products, enjoy live concerts, partake in compelling seminars, and more

ROSEMONT, IL (March 29, 2017) - - Now in its 8th year AXPONA (Audio Expo North America) continues to entice audiophiles, music lovers, musicians and seasoned audio experts looking to enhance their Listening Room, Media Room, and Office with the latest technology from stereo systems, home audio speakers, headphones, turntables and much more. The show, which returns to the Westin Hotel in Rosemont April 21-23, will feature 400 exhibitors and offers attendees the enviable opportunity to touch, test, and shop the newest gadgets in high-end consumer audio products. Featuring 140 interactive listening rooms, an Ear Gear Expo, Live Concerts, seminars and much more, AXPONA 2017 will encompass 8 floors of the hotel. Add these 10 “must-do’s” to agenda to experience the best of AXPONA:

1.What’s BIG in the Audio World in 2017?
Friday, April 21, 10:15-11:15am
It is an exciting time for audio! Record pressing plants are opening, even more artists are issuing albums on vinyl, and Millennials are heading back to the record store. The world is streaming and high fidelity playback is making even more headway this year. Four top media pro’s in the audio and tech industry from Tech.co, CNET, Enjoy The Music and Stereophile share the insider scoop on trends and products making waves in 2017.

2. Live Evening Concerts
Ticketholders are treated to entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings and offer music lovers the enviable opportunity to experience top performers in an intimate venue. AXPONA attendees will enjoy an all-star line-up for its weekend live concert series including Jazz and Blues artists’ the Frank Catalano Band, Ronnie Baker Brooks, Billy Branch and Mud Morganfield. After a jam-packed day of visiting Listening Rooms and testing the best audio equipment on the market, attendees can sit back, relax, reset their ears and enjoy live music.

3. Audio Adventure Scavenger Hunt
The Scavenger Hunt at AXPONA is a great way to explore the show and discover companies and products you may not be familiar with! When you finish, you will be entered to win an AMEX giftcard prize! It’s simple, pick up a scavenger hunt guide when you arrive at the show, visit all of the companies indicated to receive a stamp at each, and return your completed guide to the box at AXPONA registration.

4. Ear Gear Expo
An expanded expo dedicated entirely to the art of the headphone. See the world's top brands reveal their latest and greatest gear including noise-cancelling, bluetooth wireless headphones from top manufacturers including HiFiMan, Sennheiser, Shure Incorporated, Cleer Inc, and Empire Ears.

5. “High-Resolution Audio Perception”
Have you ever wondered what high-resolution audio actually sounds like? What it could mean to you? And how it might help many of your entertainment experiences feel so real? Visit the “High-Resolution Audio Perception” exhibit presented by ImmersAV Technology. It’s free of charge to all show attendees!

6. Listening Rooms
See and touch superbly designed, high-performance systems in over 140 dedicated listening rooms crafted by the best in the business. Experience sound like never before in room settings, perfect to inspire sound systems for your media room, man cave or home office! Must see rooms include Auralic, Burwell & Sons, Dan D’Agostino, GamuT, Horch House, Magico, MoFi Distribution, Paragon Sight & Sound, Quintessence Audio, Saturday Audio, THIEL Audio, and Von Schweikert Audio.

7. Product Debuts from World-Renowned Manufacturers
Be the first to shop the latest product debuts from top brands who will be introducing headphones, speakers, cables, turntables and amplifiers at AXPONA. Experience the newest technology in audio gear and add these newbies to your wish list! Daedalus Audio Apollo Floorstanding Speaker, Magico S3 Mk II, Mojo Audio Déjà Vu Music Server, Vanatoo Transparent Zero, Wyred 4 Sound Statement Amplifier, Thiel Audio 40th Anniversary 40.3 Speaker, Legacy Calibre, TIDAL Audio Akira Loudspeaker, plus many more.

8. Marketplace
Discover and shop thousands of parts, components, gear, accessories, vinyl, portable speakers and turntables all in one place from manufacturers like Holm Audio, Elusive Disc, Morrow Audio, Music Direct, Nordost, and Red Dragon Audio,.

9. Stream The Studio Exhibit
Stream The Studio, an exhibit sponsored by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, will highlight some of the next generation studio-quality subscription music services that can support both Hi-Res Audio and advanced user features. The exhibit also includes demonstrations of some of the latest hi-res compatible devices, along with a variety of music clips in various genres.

10. Reviewer’s View Live and Raffle presented by AVShowrooms
It’s a wrap! Join AVShowrooms for a sneak preview of their favorite highlights from the show and be entered to win over $2,200 of equipment including (2) FOZ XTRs, (2) FOZ SSX, from Jolida and a Core Power Technologies EQUI=CORE 300! AVShowrooms will also announce the winner of the $8,000 Von Schweikert E-3 MkII loudspeaker raffle. Tickets are available at registration and must be validated at the Von Schweikert Endeavor exhibit- Lobby Dearborn Room.

AXPONA will be open Friday and Saturday 10 am – 6 pm; Sunday 10 am – 4 pm.

Ritmo
March 29, 2017, 04:45 PM
11. Cocktails and dinner with audio buddies!

the professor
March 29, 2017, 04:47 PM
+1

Mike
March 29, 2017, 04:49 PM
11. Cocktails and dinner with audio buddies!

That's a given.

Ritmo
April 5, 2017, 05:39 AM
Are we doing a group dinner?

Gopher
April 5, 2017, 12:09 PM
LampizatOr will be there in room 634 debuting our new Golden Atlantic along with our DSD Komputer. Spatial audio will also be debuting it's M3 Triode Master speakers in our room powered by Linear Tube Audio 40 OTL monoblocks all linked together with Verastarr. I hope some of my fellow sharks drop in to see us.

We'll also have one of our Golden Gate DACs in the Von Schweikert room which they'll be using to show their VSA Ultra-11 speaker system.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/03...ting.html#more (http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/03/lampizator-golden-gate-dac-uncrating.html#more)

Looking forward to it.

Mr Peabody
April 5, 2017, 09:38 PM
Hi, Musical Design & Vapor Audio, gear from my neck of the woods :)

LampizatOr will be there in room 634 debuting our new Golden Atlantic along with our DSD Komputer. Spatial audio will also be debuting it's M3 Triode Master speakers in our room powered by Linear Tube Audio 40 OTL monoblocks all linked together with Verastarr. I hope some of my fellow sharks drop in to see us.

We'll also have one of our Golden Gate DACs in the Von Schweikert room which they'll be using to show their VSA Ultra-11 speaker system.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/03...ting.html#more (http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/03/lampizator-golden-gate-dac-uncrating.html#more)

Looking forward to it.

JimmyS
April 9, 2017, 09:07 PM
Will be there all three days. Great when the event is 15 minutes from home :)

Mike
April 9, 2017, 09:27 PM
Will be there all three days. Great when the event is 15 minutes from home :)

Joining us for dinner Saturday night?

Dizzie
April 10, 2017, 11:20 AM
Could someone please check out Audia Flight in rooms 336 & 338? They might debut a new integrated in the $11K range. I am still trying to find out details.

Triode Wire Labs
April 10, 2017, 04:24 PM
Triode Wire Labs is extremely pleased to be invited to provide the entire Cable Looms to AXPONA!

APRIL 21-23, 2017 The Westin O'Hare | Rosemont, IL

In Room 314 with;
Volti Audio (bringing the "new" Rivals)
BorderPatrol Audio Electronics (with the P20 push-pull 300B amp and brand new "DAC"!)
Acoustic Signature Turntables (Fidelis Music Systems)
Triode Wire Labs cable loom
PI Audio UberBUSS

... and
Room 308 with;
Vinnie Rossi
Acoustic Signature (Fidelis Music Systems)
Harbeth (Fidelis Music Systems)
Triode Wire Labs cable loom
PI Audio UberBUSS

I hope to see many of you there!

Cheers,
Pete

JimmyS
April 11, 2017, 07:08 PM
Thank you for extending the offer to a newer member. I would like to, but not sure I can escape the family for that long.

Joining us for dinner Saturday night?

Mike
April 11, 2017, 07:15 PM
Thank you for extending the offer to a newer member. I would like to, but not sure I can escape the family for that long.

Understood. If things change, let me know. Axpona is shaping up to be the biggest US audio show ever!

erniejade
April 17, 2017, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately, I have to DJ Saturday night but, I am going to try to make it either Friday or Sunday. Its about 20 minutes from where I live.

Mike
April 19, 2017, 06:04 PM
Have to admit, I'm getting stoked about Axpona. 🤠

Mr Peabody
April 19, 2017, 08:20 PM
Things are looking up that I might be there. I should know more later tonight.

Audio 1
April 19, 2017, 08:37 PM
Have to admit, I'm getting stoked about Axpona. 鸞

Me too!

Mike
April 19, 2017, 09:40 PM
Things are looking up that I might be there. I should know more later tonight.

Go go go go go!

Mike
April 19, 2017, 09:42 PM
I just have so much fun going and listening. If you go with the attitude of "I want to hear something better than what I've got", you may likely be disappointed. Just go and have fun! Listen to the $500 speakers with the same interest as the $50,000 speakers. Meet people. Soak it up and have fun!!

Mr Peabody
April 19, 2017, 10:17 PM
True, last year Andrew Jones was there showing Elac, Riva Audio was there showing Bluetooth devices as well as Vanatu (hope I spelled that right) powered speakers, and all the way up. There was even a guy showing a prototype speaker that looked like barrels on their side with woofers firing out of the end, actually sounded pretty good. So you can find some interesting things, I always have a great time.

Mike
April 19, 2017, 10:26 PM
And remember, start on the TOP floor and use the stairs and work your way down. Waiting for the elevator is time consuming.

Mr Peabody
April 19, 2017, 11:40 PM
Alright, baby, I'm booked. I wish we didn't have to wait to the last minute though, limits your options. I got a free ticket, just told them to put it on Mike's account, LOL So if any of you see a guy walking around with a white cane and beard, say hey. Bryan. Just don't tell Mike where I'm at in case he tries to collect on that ticket.

Mike
April 20, 2017, 02:59 AM
Alright, baby, I'm booked. I wish we didn't have to wait to the last minute though, limits your options. I got a free ticket, just told them to put it on Mike's account, LOL So if any of you see a guy walking around with a white cane and beard, say hey. Bryan. Just don't tell Mike where I'm at in case he tries to collect on that ticket.

Hahaha! Good stuff! See you soon Bryan. You want me to add you to the Saturday night dinner? We are at 24, but I think we can squeeze in one more.

Mr Peabody
April 20, 2017, 08:44 AM
No thanks Mike, I really appreciate it, I'm with a couple other guys and I usually take in the concerts. I would like to meet anyone here though if you should happen to see me.

Mike
April 20, 2017, 08:59 AM
No thanks Mike, I really appreciate it, I'm with a couple other guys and I usually take in the concerts. I would like to meet anyone here though if you should happen to see me.

No worries. See you soon.

Audio 1
April 20, 2017, 01:56 PM
Sitting at the airport waiting to board our flight!

bthomas9
April 20, 2017, 05:31 PM
Did anyone see this...AXPONA next year at the Convention Center not the Westin. Thoughts?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/e49bf969e3d6e6a98cf2d9cef76e3f19.jpg

http://www.jdevents.com/Uploads/AXPONA2018/AXONASchaumburgFactSheet.pdf

Jim Smith
April 21, 2017, 10:02 AM
I just have so much fun going and listening. If you go with the attitude of "I want to hear something better than what I've got", you may likely be disappointed. Just go and have fun! Listen to the $500 speakers with the same interest as the $50,000 speakers. Meet people. Soak it up and have fun!!

Agreed!!!

From my Facebook post this am:

Guess I'll never forget setting up for shows - ARC, Magnepan, then Avantgarde. It's the morning of the show & I have been tweaking all night - after working like crazy to get the equipment unpacked and in a beginning set-up. Take a shower @ 6 AM, get dressed, go back to the room to check on the system which I had left on, and if all is acceptable (for show sound in a strange and not-so-good room), grab a hurried breakfast & get back to the room to meet the public (after working all night). WHEW!!! The show exhibitors deserve our respect, even when they couldn't pull it all together in such a short time!