PDA

View Full Version : My first Ayre...

Jerome W
July 15, 2016, 02:40 AM
Hello folks,*

I bought a used AX7e integrated to use in my bedroom with my Rega RS10 speakers.*
Fully balanced amp connected with the fully balanced Meridian 566 dac.*
The sound reminds me a lot of the Nagra MSA. Maybe a bit less refined, but with better dynamics and presence. It is musical, clean, neutral but not boring at all. Above all, I do not get the feeling to listen to an SS amp. It sounds very sweet and natural.*
If you can deal with only*two unbalanced and two balanced inputs, no balance L/R adjustment, no tone controls, on the used market, this is clearly a bargain amp.
A truly high end amp at a very affordable price.

Kuoppis
July 15, 2016, 03:06 AM
Hello Jerome, welcome to the Ayre club and congrats!

I do have a KX-5/20 & VX-5/20 combo in my main system and the Codex in my summerhouse set and really do like them.

On another matter and apologies for diverting from the topic, just heard on the news what happened yesterday in Nice. Our thoughts are with Nice, this kind of brutality should not happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joeinid
July 15, 2016, 03:24 AM
Congratulations Jerome! I love Ayre. Not typical solid state. Smooth and slightly sweet. Wonderful gear. Enjoy!

still-one
July 15, 2016, 09:04 AM
Congratulations Jérôme. I was very pleased with my KX-R. Ayre products are well thought out and sound very good. Enjoy!!

Mike
July 15, 2016, 09:14 AM
Jerome - Congrats on a great amp. Ayre makes amazing stuff. Their pre-20 series stuff was sonically superior to most pieces in it's price range.

Garth
July 15, 2016, 10:09 PM
Welcome to the club good gear from good people

Jerome W
July 16, 2016, 04:52 AM
Thank you guys !

the professor
July 16, 2016, 02:05 PM
Congrats! Ayre makes some great stuff!