PDA

View Full Version : Salon 2's with Subs!

MDP
June 21, 2016, 06:20 PM
I have recently added a pair of REL S2 subs. It has taken my already good system to another level. They were very easy to integrate into my full range speakers, but I had no idea what they would bring to the table.

I was expecting, and got, an added extension to the lower end. What I wasn't expecting was a total improvement to every aspect of the sound in my room. It so astounded my wife and I that we just kept commenting on how everything was better. The soundstage took on a width and dimension that we couldn't believe. Vocals became even clearer than an already clear presence. We simply cannot find a downside to this addition. Everything is even more 3D. WOW!

If I would have known what kind of improvement these subs would have, I would have got some a long time ago. Color me more than happy, simply ecstatic!!!!

Alpinist
June 21, 2016, 06:35 PM
That's terrific Mark, congrats, I'm so happy for you! The subwoofers lay the foundation that the mid-bass, midrange and treble are all built on. I have found the same in my room with improved cohesiveness and musicality. I am also a believer! :D

Enjoy,
Ken

Mike
June 21, 2016, 06:38 PM
Mark - that's awesome! Love REL subs. So musical and perfect integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the professor
June 21, 2016, 08:47 PM
Thats great Mark!!!!!

Ive had great experiences with using subs.

I'm glad its working out for you.

:woot:

I have recently added a pair of REL S2 subs. It has taken my already good system to another level. They were very easy to integrate into my full range speakers, but I had no idea what they would bring to the table.

I was expecting, and got, an added extension to the lower end. What I wasn't expecting was a total improvement to every aspect of the sound in my room. It so astounded my wife and I that we just kept commenting on how everything was better. The soundstage took on a width and dimension that we couldn't believe. Vocals became even clearer than an already clear presence. We simply cannot find a downside to this addition. Everything is even more 3D. WOW!

If I would have known what kind of improvement these subs would have, I would have got some a long time ago. Color me more than happy, simply ecstatic!!!!

bzr
June 21, 2016, 08:47 PM
Mark, good stuff. I am such a believer in good subs that are fast & articulate. At this stage in my audio journey I never intend to have a system without two in it.

Ritmo
June 22, 2016, 05:38 AM
Glad you are happy with the system Mark!