Ubiq Model One speakers
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ubiq Model One speakers

    Did anybody get a chance to listen to these speakers? Mono & Stereo Audio Magazine gave them a glowing review.
    They look beautiful and are made to high standards.
    Joe

    Main: PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player & DAC, Lyra Kleos SL Cartridge, VPI Classic III with 3D tone arm, K&K Audio premium maxxed-out phonostage,Supratek Sauvignon (highly modded) Tube preamp, Coincident Speaker Tech 300b Frankenstein mk.2 mono blocks, Pass Labs XA-30.8, Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers, PurePower 1500+

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by jbtrio View Post
    Did anybody get a chance to listen to these speakers? Mono & Stereo Audio Magazine gave them a glowing review.
    They look beautiful and are made to high standards.
    Hi Jbitro,

    I am the most happy owner of this beatifull pair of speakers. To me personally these are the most entertaining and involving yet not ear insulting pair of speaker I have ever heard. I've had many well praised and known brands (ATC, PMC, Sonus Faber, B&W, etc etc) on my shortlist, but after several hours of listening to these beatuties decision was immediate. I am currently re-listening to my whole discography + zillions of CD's from loseless Tidal service, with the widest possible smile on my face. Model one are also so incredibelly universal that it can please at the same time setisfy the most demanding classical fans, accoustic jazz listeners as well as wildest live of studio rock pieces.

    Sound stage is huge, bass is endless yet controlled mid and upper mid section exactly it should be.

    I have heard them on Ubiq native Amp with DAC, Hegel H 360 and 160 and even small Arcam amp. They are (surprisingly) all coping with the speakers well, so it's really up to your budget and sound taste ahich one to chose. My first shot would be Hegel H360, which is an unmatchable bargain!

    Plus dont forget- wallnut edition has a very high wife acceptance factor (proven) :-)

    So in short: I am highly recommending an audition at your nearest distributor.

    My best regards, M

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

    ...Plus design, chosen components as well as craftmanship of Model one is unbeatable for the price! Only top components (drivers, crossover, cabinet construction, even the specially sellected weneer oil...). I have not seen the speakes that smell so beautifull before :-)

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

    Welcome the forum Acme01, thank you for joining.
    Joe

    JOB 250 Monoblocks, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1. PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, McIntosh MC303, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    433
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

    Laufer Teknik just picked up Ubiq for US distribution. Not on the website yet.

    http://lauferteknik.com/

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

    Thanks Amce01,
    I have an audition lined up with Brett at Audio 202 in NJ once they come back from CES.
    Looking forward to hear them!
    Joe

    Main: PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player & DAC, Lyra Kleos SL Cartridge, VPI Classic III with 3D tone arm, K&K Audio premium maxxed-out phonostage,Supratek Sauvignon (highly modded) Tube preamp, Coincident Speaker Tech 300b Frankenstein mk.2 mono blocks, Pass Labs XA-30.8, Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers, PurePower 1500+

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Acme01 View Post
    Hi Jbitro,

    I am the most happy owner of this beatifull pair of speakers. To me personally these are the most entertaining and involving yet not ear insulting pair of speaker I have ever heard. I've had many well praised and known brands (ATC, PMC, Sonus Faber, B&W, etc etc) on my shortlist, but after several hours of listening to these beatuties decision was immediate. I am currently re-listening to my whole discography + zillions of CD's from loseless Tidal service, with the widest possible smile on my face. Model one are also so incredibelly universal that it can please at the same time setisfy the most demanding classical fans, accoustic jazz listeners as well as wildest live of studio rock pieces.

    Sound stage is huge, bass is endless yet controlled mid and upper mid section exactly it should be.

    I have heard them on Ubiq native Amp with DAC, Hegel H 360 and 160 and even small Arcam amp. They are (surprisingly) all coping with the speakers well, so it's really up to your budget and sound taste ahich one to chose. My first shot would be Hegel H360, which is an unmatchable bargain!

    Plus dont forget- wallnut edition has a very high wife acceptance factor (proven) :-)

    So in short: I am highly recommending an audition at your nearest distributor.

    My best regards, M
    Welcome to the forum!

    Thank you for bringing these speakers to our attention. I hadn't heard of them prior to your post. They certainly look interesting. Could you tell us what size room you are using these in? How close to the walls are they? What kind of electronics especially the amplifier type and wattage. Can you share pricing info?

    Many thanks and enjoy the great music!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by jbtrio View Post
    Thanks Amce01,
    I have an audition lined up with Brett at Audio 202 in NJ once they come back from CES.
    Looking forward to hear them!
    Have you heard them yet?

    I saw them recently. For a first product from a new manufacturer, it was well designed and made, with an attractive combination of wood/paint, metal and cloth. Depending on the combination chosen, it would suit modern or traditional interiors.

    From a brief listen, it sounded quite natural, with a speed, immediacy and presence that reminded me of Avantgardes. This puzzled me until I learnt that the owner of Ubiq is the distributor of Avantgardes (and Sonus Faber, hence the string grilles) in Slovenia and even has a pair of Trios.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by No Regrets View Post

    Can you share pricing info?
    EUR 12,500
    USD 13,750

    Great pricing but may be too low for certain potential owners...

    http://www.stereophile.com/content/u...HpURwUiXD8p.97

    Ubiq's Facebook page has links to various reviews. Rather positive to date.

    https://www.facebook.com/UbiqAudio?_rdr=p

  10. #10
    Guest
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

    Rhapsody in Manhattan is the NYC dealer for Ubiq. We signed up after listening to the Model One for 5 minutes at CES, which were being driven by the Absolare integrated. Pretty amazing sounding for the price. Pretty amazing sounding regardless of price.

    We will have our demo pair in our Manhattan showroom available for audition in the next few weeks. Waiting for our pair in gloss piano white with silver top surface.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast