Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Audioshark

Re: Tube Rolling for Lampizator Level 7

Quote Originally Posted by JM21 View Post
    Hi,
    Have a Lampi B7, currently using KR 5u4g as recti. and KR 300b output. Would like to get feedback on what changes KR 242 output would have? [amps are 90W tube mono's]

thanks,
    Jay
    Jay - I personally found the gain on the 242 too much. Frankly, way too much with my B7. I would go with the PX4 instead. Sounds better IMO too. I have a pair of PX4's coming if you're interested.

Mike
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Jay - I personally found the gain on the 242 too much. Frankly, way too much with my B7. I would go with the PX4 instead. Sounds better IMO too. I have a pair of PX4's coming if you're interested.

Mike
    It was the same for me on my original GG but NOT on my old B7. When I sent the GG back for upgrades I told Lukasz I wanted to uses trhe 242 and now, it works GREAT. The mv output on my old GG was 2500 and now its 700mv.

The 242 is waaaay more dynamic. great tube. I like the Px4 as well nd also the plain vanilla 6a3. Not a metal base 101d fan.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Mike is right - if there is a mismatch the 242 will sound too much. But if not it beat everything by a factor of 10. Ideally one should get the speaker, then the Lampi with 242. Add the power amp to drive the speaker, and then the pre that drives the power but matches the gain requirement in the chain.

This is feedback from an owner of Big 7 and Apogees - I had travelled from London to NY to listen to his Apogees - http://zero-distortion.org/a-lampiap...on-the-kr-242/

had my GG upgraded in December 2016 with all the goodies, including a gain adjustment for the KR242 tube. it was a significant step up to be able to use that tube. lot's more dynamic and refined. I had used the Elrog's up to that point which were very good, but they are not in the KR242's league when compared directly. I've continued to use the Tak 274b recti which is a good match for the 242.

Mike
    I couldn't agree more with you, Mike.
    I had 242 for a while in my B7 SE with Duelunds but swapped with PX4 then and I am really satisfied, in my setup they are just perfect.
    Of course in different setup 242 could be a better match but rather not with very efficient speakers like AG.
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

Quote Originally Posted by Marslo View Post
    I couldn't agree more with you, Mike.
    I had 242 for a while in my B7 SE with Duelunds but swapped to PX4 then and I am really satisfied, in my setup they are just perfect.
    Of course in different setup 242 could be a better match but rather not with very efficient speakers like AG.
    Christoph used them on Odeon nr.32 horns. He couldn't use them with one amp but swapped to Kronzilla and it was fine. It is not so much as efficiency but as total gain in the chain, I think. What is your pre and power gain together, and what is Mike's?

Don't know precise numbers , I have Crossfire INT.
    The output volume of my B7 is a standard one now but when speakers were under burning up Lukasz reduced the gain and it was something like 2,5 - 3 V on PCM.
    During last update two month ago or so it was adjusted to standard gain though.
    According to the specification the input impedance of Crossfire is 100 k ohm.
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. Sounds like there could be potential mismatch with 242.
    Should the output voltage be listed on my spec sheet from Lukasz?

Since I'm familiar with sound of KR300's...what would the diff's be between PX4 and 300? Thanks again for the help!

Audioshark

PX4 is a little more dynamic, but retains most of the good qualities of the 300b. It's kind of a swiss army knife of Lampi tubes. To me the 242 and 101D are over the top with resolution. Good only for classical IMO. The PX4 is a jack of all trade tube. It does everything well.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. Sounds like there could be potential mismatch with 242.

Since I'm familiar with sound of KR300's...what would the diff's be between PX4 and 300? Thanks again for the help!
    300b are boooring. Flat, dull, no dynamics.

Special 45
    Px25
    Px4

The extra gain from the 242s is a benefit to my system. I'm using a Big 7 with volume control direct to an Air Tight ATM-2, which is driving Harbeth speakers.

BTW, a few otther rectifiers that I have seen praised elsewhere that I don't think have been mentioned. I have or hope to have them soon. Problem is finding the time to do the comparison:

1) Tung Sol 5U4G Top Getter: Bottom getter version is pretty common. But a few have said the Top Getter is special. Here is a quote I found: "For those who may be a little confused with the variety of Tung Sol 5U4G tubes, the ultimate one is this version that has the black ribbed plates, hanging filaments and top side getters from the 1940s with the rarer foil getter."
    2) Mullard 5U4G: Not the variants but a 5U4G. There is a thread from the Yahoo group, Hong Kong Tube Audio Club, called Recitifier Party. I'll post the thread at the end of this message.
    3) Brimar 5U4G: Again not a variant. This one I am getting has a top getter. Does not look like U52 construction so I am curious.

Comments from that Yahoo Group:

> Mullard CV31
    > Osram U52 silver grey plate round black base
    > Marconi U52 silver grey plate long square black base
    > Osram U52 silver grey plate round brown base
    > Osram U52 black plate long square black base
    > Mullard 5U4G black smooth base
    > Mullard 5U4G black ribbed base cup getter
    > Mullard 5U4G black ribbed base inverted tray getter
    > Mullard 5U4G black ribbed base plate getter triple mica
    > Cossor 5U4G black round base with re-inforcement ring
    > Visseaux 5U4G (= Neotron)
    > WE274B yellow letter base 1950's
    > WE274B engraved base 1940's
    > Brimar 5U4G with inverted tray getter
    > Valvo R2504 globe bottle solid plate 1943
    > Rectron R0452 globe 1928-1929
    > Valvo R2504 ST early 1930's
    > Valvo R2504 globe mesh plate
    > TFK RGN2504 globe solid plate
    > TFK RGN2504 globe mesh plate
    > Cossor 45IU black base
    > Cossor 53KU/U54 black base
    > Swedish Standard 22S22C
    > Valvo AX50
    > Valvo AZ50

> With so many tubes involved, it is very hard to comment on each but
    > I can start off with a few personal impression/remarks :

Basically I am of the same opinion as Tim. Here are some of my
    comments to specific tubes:

> - GEC/MOV early silver grey plate U52 are better than the later
    > black plate ones

> - Mullard ribbed plate 5U4G is perhaps the best sounding 5U4G ever
    > made

> - The French 5U4G are great too.

Yep, right on the money...

> - The WE274B does live up to its reputation

Though certainly not a bad tube, its reputation is overrated in my
    opinion. There were a number of MUCH less expensive types that CLEARLY
    outclassed the WE's...

> - If you are after better sounding indrected heated rectifier over
    > WE274B, you cannot go wrong with any of the early German 4V models.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more...

> - The indirectly heated 53KU/U54 and 22S22C sound as good as RR
    > grade 5U4G

The 53 KU/U54 are some of the most amazing British versions, which
    will beat the crap out of most of the more commonly known US types...

The 22S22C is a very interesting "GZ3x" derivate that may even be
    better than a metal based GZ34.

> - The mercury vapour AX50 indeed has the best control

An excellent choice for any amp that demands tight pwr supply
    regulation as well as anyone looking for clean sound.

> And my favourite rectifier of the day has to be the Rectron R0452.
    > It is hard to believe a 74 years old tube can sound so-oooo GOOD!

Yes, yes and yes again! When we auditioned the Rectron, Tim and I just
    looked at each other as both of us knew, that is it, that's the
    ultimate rectifier tube; no further comments were necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Marslo View Post
    Don't know precise numbers , I have Crossfire INT.
    The output volume of my B7 is a standard one now but when speakers were under burning up Lukasz reduced the gain and it was something like 2,5 - 3 V on PCM.
    During last update two month ago or so it was adjusted to standard gain though.
    According to the specification the input impedance of Crossfire is 100 k ohm.
    Yes, my GG was 2500mv and the 242 did not work. They were reduced to 700mv and all is well now.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Yes, the output voltage is listed. Scan both pages of the spec sheet and post here and we can tell you if we see an obvious issue or not.
    NORMAN

PX4 is a little more dynamic, but retains most of the good qualities of the 300b. It's kind of a swiss army knife of Lampi tubes. To me the 242 and 101D are over the top with resolution. Good only for classical IMO. The PX4 is a jack of all trade tube. It does everything well.
    PX4 is a great tube, but if you get the 242 to work ...I would vote for that. Never heard the PX25 and my 300b experience are essentially Psvanve UK DESIGN (best value in 300b) and the EML 300b...to slow for me.

I also like my vinage ST shaped National Union 45s (my now dead, WE vintage 101d ST shape) and jack of all trades 6A3. I am yet to try my VT52, which could be great as well. Not a big fan of 2a3 and metal base 101d. Love the EML Lampi mesh Globe 45 too.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Yes, the output voltage is listed. Scan both pages of the spec sheet and post here and we can tell you if we see an obvious issue or not.

Attached Images Attached Images

Yup, 334mv. Almost certain it will work.
    NORMAN

Thank you Norman.

uhh just located quad of NOS PX4. Cost an arm or small leg. Happy to located it and now torn if I should get it or not.

So I have had the KR 242 for a few years now and was thinking what tube set will compliment it.
    Something that does something the 242 doesn't. Or is there no comparision?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by deuter View Post
    So I have had the KR 242 for a few years now and was thinking what tube set will compliment it.
    WE300b.

WE300b.
    Like yeah, sure good luck finding one right ?

Audioshark

Like yeah, sure good luck finding one right ?
    I have a pair for sale. $2600.

Are you liking it? If yes, tough to find something better. I have the KR PX25, and the special EML 45s, all 3 are different, and have tried them in different systems, but none compare to 242 when it sounds right. 300bs are also different and the KR 45s to me seem laid back, but those into jazz like them. I don't. I have a pair for sale at 300 eur.

Not many people talk about them, but I stumbled upon a Ken Rad version of the 6a3 tube which sounds pretty darn good in our DACs. Better than I recall the Slyvania 6a3s sounding, though I never had them at the same time.

This is an inexpensive tube worth trying out.

Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

Industry Affiliation............North American Distributor of LampizatOr Audio.

www.lampizatorna.com

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Are you liking it? If yes, tough to find something better. I have the KR PX25, and the special EML 45s, all 3 are different, and have tried them in different systems, but none compare to 242 when it sounds right. 300bs are also different and the KR 45s to me seem laid back, but those into jazz like them. I don't. I have a pair for sale at 300 eur.
    I love it but variety is the essence of life. Iam sure there is a completely different presentation of music with the takatsuki 300 but it's too dear for me in price.

I love it but variety is the essence of life. Iam sure there is a completely different presentation of music with the takatsuki 300 but it's too dear for me in price.
    Variety is fun to try when all are more or less equal. Not here

Bill gave up his KR 300, Px25, 45, all for this.

I keep my Px25 and special 45 as back up, in case during some electronics change in the future they don't match and I need another set of valves, or for a friendly shootout. By the new KR special 274 at 1200 USD instead, think they put it up on mono and stereo

If anyone is interested, I have a customer with a pair of Lampi EML Anniversary 45 Mesh tubes for sale. He is seeking $750 for the pair.
    Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

www.lampizatorna.com

What regulator tube can be used for a better, more articulate bass ?

I use WE101D replicas and the Emission Labs recti.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    If anyone is interested, I have a customer with a pair of Lampi EML Anniversary 45 Mesh tubes for sale. He is seeking $750 for the pair.
    They are Globe?

Indeed. Lampi Anniversary Globe Mesh.

www.lampizatorna.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    What regulator tube can be used for a better, more articulate bass ?

I use WE101D replicas and the Emission Labs recti.
    I dont like the WE101d replicas at all.

Metal bass Phillips GZ34 is great for bass (circa $300 on EBay)....as are SS plug in rectis, but they lessen the 3D soundstage. The cheap double Mica 5r4gy or the mid price Lampi KR5u4g are great ways to go.
    NORMAN

Guys - what's up with the new KR HP valves, expensive and probably killer, and now there is an EML Px4 mesh?

Lukasz is claiming that the new mesh EML px4 is jaw droppingly good.

A visit to the Lampi factory last month.

The Neurotic Audiophile in me decided to optimize the Lampi – these questions about the difference between the Duelunds and the Mundorfs, would Shun Mook mpingo discs in different parts inside the Lampi cause magic, and how is Amanero different from R2R were bothering me. Maybe I was on to something big. I also had to get the superclock and the DSD 512 upgrade anyway.

http://zero-distortion.org/lampi_factory_visit/

Neurotic..? Well, just wait until you actually start listening to it ....

Elberoth - I am using the following rectifier with the WE 101D replicas. Significantly better in all areas than the EML 5U4G.

JAN 5U4G blackplate (JAN VT244 military type) RCA made with RCA label, ST shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    Elberoth - I am using the following rectifier with the WE 101D replicas. Significantly better in all areas than the EML 5U4G.

JAN 5U4G blackplate (JAN VT244 military type) RCA made with RCA label, ST shape.
    Could you send me a link so I can get one to try?

what was it that you found significantly better.

Apologies for the late reply. I buy most of my tubes from Brent Jesse Recording and Supply. Last I checked he was out of this tube, but there are numerous for sale on eBay.

In my system, compared to the JAN VT244 the EML 5U4G is too laid back, the GZ34 Mullard is too aggressive and the soundstage of the 1940s JAN CRC-5R4GY is too closed in. That is with my Yamamoto A-09S 300B amp using EML tubes. It is also the best rectifier with the 101Ds when I use my small solid state amp, the Bakoon Amp-12R. Having said that the 101Ds are not the best output tubes to use with Bakoon amp as the sound is on the thin side of the spectrum. That leads to my next question.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a KR 5U4G rectifier and a pair of KR PX-4 output tubes in the US? I would be using these with my Bakoon amp. I will be in the US in August and would like to take these back to Thailand with me. I have tried both USA Tube Audio and Tubes USA. While both list them on their website, neither carries them anymore.

I think Mike still carries the KR tubes.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Kronos Sparta / Miyajima Madake / New Audio Frontiers Stradivari Phono / Taiko Extreme / Aqua Acoustics Formula XHD / Townshend Allegri Reference / New Audio Frontiers Reference 845 Mono SE / Marten Coltrane Soprano / Artesania Audio Exoteryc rack / Daiza Isolation

Audioshark

Yes - would be happy to help. Thanks Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now just tell me how to delete the dreaded double post.
    Kronos Sparta / Miyajima Madake / New Audio Frontiers Stradivari Phono / Taiko Extreme / Aqua Acoustics Formula XHD / Townshend Allegri Reference / New Audio Frontiers Reference 845 Mono SE / Marten Coltrane Soprano / Artesania Audio Exoteryc rack / Daiza Isolation

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RichardA1 View Post
    Now just tell me how to delete the dreaded double post.

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    Apologies for the late reply. I buy most of my tubes from Brent Jesse Recording and Supply. Last I checked he was out of this tube, but there are numerous for sale on eBay.

In my system, compared to the JAN VT244 the EML 5U4G is too laid back, the GZ34 Mullard is too aggressive and the soundstage of the 1940s JAN CRC-5R4GY is too closed in. That is with my Yamamoto A-09S 300B amp using EML tubes. It is also the best rectifier with the 101Ds when I use my small solid state amp, the Bakoon Amp-12R. Having said that the 101Ds are not the best output tubes to use with Bakoon amp as the sound is on the thin side of the spectrum. That leads to my next question.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a KR 5U4G rectifier and a pair of KR PX-4 output tubes in the US? I would be using these with my Bakoon amp. I will be in the US in August and would like to take these back to Thailand with me. I have tried both USA Tube Audio and Tubes USA. While both list them on their website, neither carries them anymore.
    Mike B sells Kron tubes. PM him. the Kron Lampi Anniv recti has great feedback.
    NORMAN

Hello all been a while. Has anyone tried the eml 2A3 mesh Ina SE B7 or GG.
    SO far after break in it really shines for me. It yields clarity that's a stand out
    it started off hard when new and it effected piano and some horns
    now after more than 15 hours is a must have in my setup
    clarity and bass details are above even my Msb dac. I was using my kr5u4g but swapped out for the tak it did improve even more. Just wondering has anyone else tried this tube
    at first glance a year or so back it seemed hard and I dismissed it quickly
    even with a good friends setup we both felt the same. What I did. It know is how much some tubes need to break in. I always did a 1 hour on then one off and then two on one off up to 3 hours. This always in the past proved to not hurt the tubes and gave me the end sound of each tube. I never did this with these tubes as when I first tried them I really did not like them first off and my friend confirmed my views.
    Anyway has anyone tried them. ????

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    Hello all been a while. Has anyone tried the eml 2A3 mesh Ina SE B7 or GG.
    SO far after break in it really shines for me. It yields clarity that's a stand out
    it started off hard when new and it effected piano and some horns
    now after more than 15 hours is a must have in my setup
    clarity and bass details are above even my Msb dac. I was using my kr5u4g but swapped out for the tak it did improve even more. Just wondering has anyone else tried this tube
    at first glance a year or so back it seemed hard and I dismissed it quickly
    even with a good friends setup we both felt the same. What I did. It know is how much some tubes need to break in. I always did a 1 hour on then one off and then two on one off up to 3 hours. This always in the past proved to not hurt the tubes and gave me the end sound of each tube. I never did this with these tubes as when I first tried them I really did not like them first off and my friend confirmed my views.
    Anyway has anyone tried them. ????
    Hi Al...good to hear from you! Thanks for bringing these tubes to the forefront of our attention. There are so many from which to choose no doubt some good sounding tubes may from time to time get lost in the shuffle.

Hope you're well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all well. I some times loose where to post
    lampi has a good following but there better sites to post to
    this being one them. My hope is some others can share with me these tubes exp here.

Audioshark

Hi Al - thanks for the report on the 2A3's. I would love to hear these against 45's and 300b's. Do you know if the Lampi could handle the Type 50 tubes? That is supposed to be incredible.

What is a type 50 tube ? But I have loads of 45 and 300 b
    even several globes and mesh as well. Going out now. But later I have to try a few other tubes
    like the eml mesh globe as one NORMAN is going to kill me if I don't. Lol.
    To me the eml mesh as above all the Krons I have in clarity , it's even has more client then my Msb does I kid you not. And it's not that it's mid forward or something that makes it seem that way. It just is all around. The bass details are even better than the px25 are and I love those tubes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Tube Rolling for Lampizator Level 7