Set of racks

Looking good Kev. One suggestion: I would try moving the amps to the floor (on amp stands, perhaps with Stillpoints underneath the amps). Move everything on the shelves down a level. Rearrange a little. Remove the top two pieces of shelving. That should help with some soundstaging. You may find the height of the equipment rack causes too much diffusion. But if not, then rock on.

Looks good.

Kev.......That rack turned out looking great.

IMG_2016_zpsjsdjonqg.jpg

Looking good Kev. One suggestion: I would try moving the amps to the floor (on amp stands, perhaps with Stillpoints underneath the amps). Move everything on the shelves down a level. Rearrange a little. Remove the top two pieces of shelving. That should help with some soundstaging. You may find the height of the equipment rack causes too much diffusion. But if not, then rock on.

Looks good.

Yeah I'm hearing ya. trouble is it's not my house so I can't put the tv on the wall. The choice of timber was the main reason for the rack, it is a seriously hard wood, so the amps are on stillpoints but stay on the wood. The tv is shocking for the soundstage but it is a lot better than before I started.

Back