Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heco Direkt

Re: Heco Direkt

Wow, the specs on the Dreiklang is just superb. Though I am not in search of a new speaker, the Dreiklang looks something very especial.

Jack, the X1 performance with MiniDSP will be sub-par ? Having listening to the M3S for some time, the X1 could be a mind blowing speaker and for a speaker of that caliber, you really need theDEQX/LIO

Super Moderator

OMG!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

yes, terrific spec and looks. Joe, I would be interested to know when you hear back from the dealer

Super Moderator

Very nice.

Big, full, meaty sound.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Nice !, the big guy might require some help bringing in the house, 150lbs ea
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Super Moderator

The Dreiklang are $8500 delivered. Correction, not sure if this price is correct.

The review below needs to be read with translation like Google Chrome.

http://www.i-fidelity.net/testberich...lang/test.html
    Last edited by joeinid; January 18, 2017 at 10:42 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Everest Audio View Post
    My guy is thinking just over $10,000 CAD. So, that places it in the $7,700 USD range.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    My distributor made a mistake. He now has his pricing figured out. In Canada, the Heco Direkt will be $4,500 CAD and the Dreiklang will be $14,000 CAD.
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

bel canto, Hegel, Vimberg, Opera, MoFi, Acoustic Energy, JL Audio, Innuos, Vertere, Meze Audio, Origin Live, GutWire, Wireworld, Furutech, IsoAcoustics and more

My distributor made a mistake. He now has his pricing figured out. In Canada, the Heco Direkt will be $4,500 CAD and the Dreiklang will be $14,000 CAD.
    $14,000 cad I think is around $10k US
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Converts to about $10,500 USD. But, that's the Canadian retail. I don't know the US retail from the US distributor.

Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

bel canto, Hegel, Vimberg, Opera, MoFi, Acoustic Energy, JL Audio, Innuos, Vertere, Meze Audio, Origin Live, GutWire, Wireworld, Furutech, IsoAcoustics and more

Super Moderator

I have to make a phone call. I should know today.

Converts to about $10,500 USD. But, that's the Canadian retail. I don't know the US retail from the US distributor.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I have to make a phone call. I should know today.

Super Moderator

Too late

Playing phone tag. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post

NAD C 658 streamer.

Okay, here are the Heco Direkt connected to the new Hegel Rost integrated fed via Ethernet. They changed quite a bit in even an hour of listening. Very impressed so far. They seem rather upfront in their presentation, but still an easy listen. I get the feeling they'll be quite smooth. Not as much detail as I'm used to hearing with ATC, but I had expected that all along. So, they'll be more forgiving. Bass in the first hour definitely started coming around and they opened up quite a bit. My guess is that the 95dB sensitivity seems quite generous as I certainly didn't get the impression the sensitivity was that high, but overall seems like it will be very amp friendly regardless. Based on looks alone, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they were double the $4,500 CAD retail. I personally love the look. We'll see as we get some hours on them, but I'd say very high value for what you're getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

Super Moderator

Beautiful photos, thank you for the update.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Beautiful photos, thank you for the update.
    Thanks Joe, just used my Samsung phone for the photos, but that will have to do. It will be very interesting to see how they come around with break-in.
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

Super Moderator

I'm very interested in your opinion as they get more play time. I love the looks too but would probably go with black

Please keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NAD C 658 streamer.

I'm very interested in your opinion as they get more play time. I love the looks too but would probably go with black

Please keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I agree that I think black would probably be the choice, but white is what our distributor had available to send and we thought they might match nicely with the new Hegel Rost, which is only available in white. Not the right room either for white, but this is just where we're trying them out now.
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

Joe

Wonder how the would sound with the Job 225 or even the Integrated?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Super Moderator

Jack,

I know FOR SURE that the Job INTegrated would be superb. I use mine on both of my JBLs and the Strads and love that little thing. Don't tell anyone, but I still want the Job 250 monos.

I could easily live with the Job INTegrated as my ONLY amp.

ps. reply email to follow late tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Joe

Wonder how the would sound with the Job 225 or even the Integrated?
    Last edited by joeinid; January 19, 2017 at 11:18 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Well you just happen to have the perfect preamp for them. I'm going to break the 225 back out tomorrow and give it a try on the Spatials.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Hi Everest, what are you driving them with? I heard them with 845 SETs, 25w

Hegel Rost. Srajen seemed to prefer them with the Clones over his higher priced combos.

Yes, the Hegel Rost. The Rost is a new piece from Hegel that can be considered a scaled down version of their top H360 integrated. We're incredibly impressed with this little piece and thought it might be a great match. I'm sure we'll try some other product with the Heco once broken in, but we'll be using the Rost for now. Plus, our Rost is very new too, so we can break them both in at the same time.
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

Everest, I was wondering if you can compare them with other wide baffle speakers you might have experienced like the Devore Orangutan's? Thanks!

When you contacted them about the long shipping time did they act like that was normal or something unusual?

Jack,

i ordered them on Audiogon and the ad didn't say they weren't in stock. Then they asked me to pay the next day over their site, which I did. Then a few days later I asked for a tracking number. Then they said we're expecting a shipment from Europe in two weeks. This perturbed me as they never told me until then they weren't in stock. So 3 1/2 weeks later I emailed and canceled the order. I was issued a refund a few days later and that was it. Better business practices would dictate that the ad provide the product isn't in stock so the buyer is at least aware there will be a wait or decide whether to ask if payment can wait until product is in stock and ready to ship.

Thanks. I am debating on whether or not to be the guinea pig but I have both of their direct e-mail addresses and phone number so I will contact them directly about stock before buying. They are almost identical in size to my M3's so they would fit in the same general spot though they may not need to be as far from the back wall since down ported. My Management team likes the look of the Spatials so these should be acceptable even though Srajen's wife didn't like the look of them. Odd as some of his other speakers are more "different" looking.

Super Moderator

Jack,

I think from some of the tests that I've seen, the efficiency is not quite as high as advertised, possibly by 2-3 dB. NOT a deal killer for me.
    Last edited by joeinid; January 21, 2017 at 01:04 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe

I suspect you are correct and Srajen alluded to that. I found the same to be true of the Spatial's. If you look at Clayton's specs carefully that 93 db is only from the mid-range up which is why he shows then with 250 wpc amps. With a 40 wpc tube amp the bass was wanting. When I went with power they came alive. I suspect that even though they may be low power tube friendly with "show music" that with "real life" music they will need much more. I suspect the Nord, Nuprime ,Job 225 or Odyssey Kismet will make them realize their potential plus they would be going in a large room with multiple openings. In you setup I would guess the Ayre's or the Job Integrated would be it. Hard to push a woofer that big with "flea watt" power.

Super Moderator

I agree with all the above, even the Avantgardes have powered subs so the power requirement plus higher sensitivity makes them even more flea watt friendly.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    Everest, I was wondering if you can compare them with other wide baffle speakers you might have experienced like the Devore Orangutan's? Thanks!
    Unfortunately, we just don't have personal experience with other wide baffle speakers, so I just can't compare. At this point, I'm even hesitant to say too much about the speakers until I feel we have some good hours on them. This is especially so since we're also running them with a Hegel piece that is quite new and needs additional break-in as well. First impression was very positive though.
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

As no one else appears to have listened to these vs the Devore O's, I'll add a quick opinion. I listened to the Heco Direkt's on my recent speaker journey. They are good - for the money. They need less space than the Devore Orangutan's and are less fussy about placement. But if you have a medium to large sized room, the Heco's are not in the same league IMO. To my ear, the Devore O93's were more forceful, dynamic and delivered more tonal colour. For small rooms, the Heco's would be the better choice I believe.

Thanks for your input Pallen. I agree that the Heco Direkt would be best suited for a smaller to medium sized room and I do believe they offer very good value for the money. I also wouldn't expect them to be in the same league as the Devore O/93 as the Devore is over double the price of the Heco.
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

Heco Direkt

Is price today still an indicator for anything else than how big a price tag a manufacturer dares to put on a product without blushing (publicly)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallen View Post
    As no one else appears to have listened to these vs the Devore O's, I'll add a quick opinion. I listened to the Heco Direkt's on my recent speaker journey. They are good - for the money. They need less space than the Devore Orangutan's and are less fussy about placement. But if you have a medium to large sized room, the Heco's are not in the same league IMO. To my ear, the Devore O93's were more forceful, dynamic and delivered more tonal colour. For small rooms, the Heco's would be the better choice I believe.
    Did you listen to the Heco Dreiklang, which are made for bigger rooms?

Yes Everest, very true, the Devore O's are considerably more expensive and I should have made that clear. The Heco Direkt's are remarkably good value and a great option for small to medium rooms. I remember the high's being especially good - clean and well judged. Bonzo, I have not heard the Heco Dreiklang which was launched later. It looks very interesting. Kuoppis, my opinion is that with speakers, you do broadly get what you pay for - more so than with other hifi components anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Did you listen to the Heco Dreiklang, which are made for bigger rooms?
    funnily enough kedar I was asking guy sergeant [the uk importer] about the bigger heco speakers recently . the smaller direkt are certainly good for the money

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Heco Direkt