Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Axpona 2016 - What's On Your List?

What's high on your list for Axpona 2016?

For me...

1. See all the awesome Audioshark folks! Hang out, listen together and share a few drinks and laughs.
    2. MQA (more listening, more evaluation)
    3. Avantgarde Uno XD's - a lot of work has gone in to getting a pair for the show. Can't wait to hear them!! Avantgarde Germany told me they are most proud of the Uno XD....it's taken the biggest leap in performance they clean over the previous generation.
    4. Very excited to hear what Magico is bringing to the show. Fingers crossed its the S5 mk2!!
    5. I'm on the hunt for a killer solid state amp brand that won't break the bank. Parasound? Listening required!
    6. Hang out with the Lampi gang. Always fun.
    7. Check out the new D'Agostino gear. Did someone say, "Eye Candy"?
    8. Dispel rumors of the infamous and to day, mysterious Salon 3.
    9. Check out the new VAC 200iQ amps (DROOL!) and say hello to my friends and neighbors at VAC.
    10. Check out the latest and greatest products from all my brands.

http://www.axpona.com/exhibitors.asp
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Axpona 2016 - What's On Your List?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

For me...

1. See all the awesome Audioshark folks! Hang out, listen together and share a few drinks and laughs.
    3. Avantgarde Uno XD's - a lot of work has gone in to getting a pair for the show. Can't wait to hear them!! Avantgarde Germany told me they are most proud of the Uno XD....it's taken the biggest leap in performance they clean over the previous generation.
    4. Very excited to hear what Magico is bringing to the show. Fingers crossed its the S5 mk2!!
    5. I'm on the hunt for a killer solid state amp brand that won't break the bank. Parasound? Listening required!
    9. Check out the new VAC 200iQ amps (DROOL!) and say hello to my friends and neighbors at VAC.

For me:

1. Meet fellow Sharks!
    2. Hear MQA for myself
    3. Check out the "off the grid" Stromtank independent power source purported to give you 5-8 hours of pure uncorrupted battery power. 5000 watt hours. This unit will be in the D'Agostino suite.
    4. Hear the Raidho 3.1 upgrade.
    5. Check out the Lampi Komputer
    6. Hope to find the Von Schweikert VR-55 Aktive speaker that impressed me so at RMAF
    7. Have another look at Critical Mass racks
    8. Nagra HD DAC
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

We'll be in Room 554, debuting these new products shown in our 2-page spread in the show guide:

Be sure to grab a few Mardi Gras beads and wear them around the show to share the love. Duke LeJeune is a New Orleans native, so we figured we'd have a little fun with this. We'll be taking turns walking around the show floors and randomly picking someone from the crowd to hand them a prize, actually a potentially useful one.

A selfie taken the other day, albeit a bad one:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian Walsh
    Music Direct

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    For me:

6. Hope to find the Von Schweikert VR-55 Aktive speaker that impressed me so at RMAF
    in the Burton Room with Blue Smoke Entertainment Systems

For me...

Still on the look for a nice MC phono pre, have not heard anything really exciting lately.
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

For me...

11. Listen to the new Wilson Alexx...

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Still on the look for a nice MC phono pre, have not heard anything really exciting lately.
    Ditto. Maybe we should go listening together.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Yes, would be a good idea. Unfortunately I am living in Europe and hence my closest hi-end trade show is Munich, which is coming up next month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Audioshark

Yes, would be a good idea. Unfortunately I am living in Europe and hence my closest hi-end trade show is Munich, which is coming up next month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Do you have an idea of what phonostage you might go for? I like the Lamm, but adjustability for loading is not "on the fly". I love the VAC Statement, it would be a dream piece, but it's beyond my budget right now. The Aesthetix has too many tubes (never thought I would say that). The Tenor has received high praise. I definitely want a tube phonostage with on the fly loading adjustability and options.

Ditto. Maybe we should go listening together.
    What about the Thoress?
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    What about the Thoress?
    Yes, that one keeps popping up. Have you heard it?

have not- just know MikeL thinks highly of it and has referenced it several times over the years. i was close to trying their SET amp, but passed. the VPS and Lamm are high on my tube phono dream list, but they won't meet your requirements.

anyways, sorry for interrupting the Axpona thread
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Do you have an idea of what phonostage you might go for? I like the Lamm, but adjustability for loading is not "on the fly". I love the VAC Statement, it would be a dream piece, but it's beyond my budget right now. The Aesthetix has too many tubes (never thought I would say that). The Tenor has received high praise. I definitely want a tube phonostage with on the fly loading adjustability and options.
    I have been looking at a couple. Allnic H-1500 II SP has been getting positive feedback, but I'm not sure yet.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    have not- just know MikeL thinks highly of it and has referenced it several times over the years. i was close to trying their SET amp, but passed. the VPS and Lamm are high on my tube phono dream list, but they won't meet your requirements.

anyways, sorry for interrupting the Axpona thread
    No, those were good suggestions.

too much to list. lol

a highlight for me would be seeing AJ van den Hul (a living legend) and Kyomi Audio room and much much more.........

SEMINARS
    Friday, April 15, 2016 | 2:15 PM - 3:00 PM

Open to All Attendees!
    Cartridge Clinic presented by AJ van den Hul

Mike, just had a stupid idea about the phono stage question. Why don't we ask Lukasz if he would like to make one? I know, it's totally silly, while it's not. That would at least be really interesting, don't you think?

I just dropped him a mail.

Audioshark

Mike, just had a stupid idea about the phono stage question. Why don't we ask Lukasz if he would like to make one? I know, it's totally silly, while it's not. That would at least be really interesting, don't you think?

I just dropped him a mail.
    I asked him this question when we had breakfast together last year. He said he's dabbled in it, but there were no plans.

I asked him this question when we had breakfast together last year. He said he's dabbled in it, but there were no plans.
    Well, that is one more encouragement then.

The likeability for it to happen would be much smaller, if his response would have been that he had not thought about that before .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uno xd
    The big mbl system with uha tape
    Paul Manos' verity setups
    Jeff Catalano's high water sound room
    Vinyl shopping in the marketplace

Heres mine:

1) checking out options for my last TBD..... =>arms for my table.

2) meeting Gunther from Acoustic Signature

3) giving Lampi another chance to show me its something more than good DHT

4) see if I can get Raidho to bi-amp my speakers when I upgrade to the D3.1....????

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleAudio View Post

see if I can get Raidho to bi-amp my speakers when I upgrade to the D3.1....????
    Paul, when I saw Michael Borresen at Allen's place during his D5.1 upgrade in February, Michael told me that they are not going to put two sets of binding posts on the newly minted D5.1's. He stated the reason is because of potential timing errors.

I have a friend who sent his Q7's, which had two sets of binding posts, back to the factory for the MK II update and they came back with one set of binding posts.

Of course if you made special request they would probably accommodate you.

If I do the D5.1 upgrade I'll probably keep the two binding post so I can have bi-amping options in the future.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Paul, when I saw Michael Borresen at Allen's place during his D5.1 upgrade in February, Michael told me that they are not going to put two sets of binding posts on the newly minted D5.1's. He stated the reason is because of potential timing errors.

I have a friend who sent his Q7's, which had two sets of binding posts, back to the factory for the MK II update and they came back with one set of binding posts.

Of course if you made special request they would probably accommodate you.

If I do the D5.1 upgrade I'll probably keep the two binding post so I can have bi-amping options in the future.

Hey Le Roy,

Thanks for the heads up. It is greatly appreciated. I hear you on the timing issues. I just have this itch I want to scratch. The D3's need damping factor on the lows but I would love to see what happens with a really nice set of tubes on the mids and highs............ I hope to at least chat about it with Michael or Lars. Not sure who is going to be there (or even if either will). With the 501's grip on the bass this could be special. Timing will be a key but Nyal has done a real good job of making my room predictable through symmetry and treatment deign. Not sure it will go any where.

Any decisions on your upgrade path(s)?

Le Roy,

Have you ever waken up in the middle of the night on the roof of your house, naked, and completely drenched in sweat wondering what the Raidho's would sound like with their stunning midrange and tweeter powered with the finest SET amp on the planet but still have the iron fisted grip of a Soulution amp slamming your chest?

It happened to me a few weeks ago. First thing I did was stop eating spaghetti before bed and then I started doing homework.

Le Roy,

Have you ever waken up in the middle of the night on the roof of your house, naked, and completely drenched in sweat wondering what the Raidho's would sound like with their stunning midrange and tweeter powered with the finest SET amp on the planet but still have the iron fisted grip of a Soulution amp slamming your chest?

It happened to me a few weeks ago. First thing I did was stop eating spaghetti before bed and then I started doing homework.
    LOL, that is funny.

I have woken up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat for audio reasons!

I tried bi-amping the 711 over the 501's last summer as I heard it on the D5's at David Baskin's place in late 2014.

I have a taste of tube magic now with the Lampi Big 7 SE.

If I could find the right pair of tube amps with the same gain setting of +26 db as the soulution amps have I might be game.

This well require homework as you mentioned.
    Le Roy

Foundation:

LOL, that is funny.

I have woken up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat for audio reasons!

I tried bi-amping the 711 over the 501's last summer as I heard it on the D5's at David Baskin's place in late 2014.

I have a taste of tube magic now with the Lampi Big 7 SE.

If I could find the right pair of tube amps with the same gain setting of +26 db as the soulution amps have I might be game.

This well require homework as you mentioned.

Well I do think a good place to start will be getting Lars in the loop too. He gets his rocks off on this kinda stuff.

Hey Le Roy,

Thanks for the heads up. It is greatly appreciated. I hear you on the timing issues. I just have this itch I want to scratch. The D3's need damping factor on the lows but I would love to see what happens with a really nice set of tubes on the mids and highs............ I hope to at least chat about it with Michael or Lars. Not sure who is going to be there (or even if either will). With the 501's grip on the bass this could be special. Timing will be a key but Nyal has done a real good job of making my room predictable through symmetry and treatment deign. Not sure it will go any where.

Any decisions on your upgrade path(s)?
    I think that Lars will be at the show in the Next Level AV room. Re upgrades for the D3 I hope to make up my mind when I hear the D3.1's for the first time. But this will be with the souped up new cables by Ansuz that are the Diamond d.tc loom. One step above the old Diamond line.

The jury is still out for me on the D5.1 upgrade.
    Le Roy

Foundation:

http://vpiindustries.com/blog/?p=748

My list

Music lovers and Audiophiles get ready to spin some tables! We are ready to make some music in Chicago at the Axpona 2016! We have a lot of tables spinning with some fantastic companies and equipment! Here is a list of the rooms we know of (so far) that are using a VPI so anyone in the Chicago area can experience the music and get a taste of the VPI family. Jane and myself will also be walking the show to support and talk with customers as well!
    Balanced Audio Technology, Music DirectVPI Avenger Reference – Rosemont 3
    OdysseyVPI Avenger Reference – 544
    Joseph AudioVPI Prime – 532
    Gingko Audio, Luminous AudioVPI Prime – Director’s B
    Riva AudioVPI Nomad – 508
    Holm AudioVPI Scout – 448
    Jolida, Inc.VPI Avenger Referenece and Scout Jr – Washington

http://vpiindustries.com/blog/?p=748

My list

Music lovers and Audiophiles get ready to spin some tables! We are ready to make some music in Chicago at the Axpona 2016! We have a lot of tables spinning with some fantastic companies and equipment! Here is a list of the rooms we know of (so far) that are using a VPI so anyone in the Chicago area can experience the music and get a taste of the VPI family. Jane and myself will also be walking the show to support and talk with customers as well!
    Balanced Audio Technology, Music DirectVPI Avenger Reference – Rosemont 3
    OdysseyVPI Avenger Reference – 544
    Joseph AudioVPI Prime – 532
    Gingko Audio, Luminous AudioVPI Prime – Director’s B
    Riva AudioVPI Nomad – 508
    Holm AudioVPI Scout – 448
    Jolida, Inc.VPI Avenger Referenece and Scout Jr – Washington

Le Roy,

Well Lars burst my bubble today. He is not keen on bi-amping given the phase challenges (just as Le Roy indicated). DSP might do it but that rules out analog which rules out me.

BTW, that Lars sure is a charming fella.I always love his enthusiasm.

Audioshark

MBL 101 Xtreme's after hours party.

Heres mine:

1) checking out options for my last TBD..... =>arms for my table.

2) meeting Gunther from Acoustic Signature

3) giving Lampi another chance to show me its something more than good DHT

4) see if I can get Raidho to bi-amp my speakers when I upgrade to the D3.1....????

1) Gunther's TA9000 ??? Fremer says no to 14" Kuzma. Valin says TA9000.

2) Great guy. The epitome of a deep thinking, German a engineer and yet very down-to-earth. Took him to Star Bucks for a coffee and an exposition on his analog philosophies. Brilliant, highly fact based, analytical and purpose driven. Watch for the Jonathon Valin's review of the Invictus: paradigm shifting.

3) Same as last year. I don't get it; I will blame it on shows.

4) Bad idea. Time domain is so critical in what the Raidhos do. Lars not a buyer of the concept for his stuff.

Paul: I had dinner with Lars and the following day I was able the hear the D 1.1s and the XT-2 both were very impressive and how they handled very fast paced dynamic music was amazing. I have always been a Danish fan of speakers, hence a big Dynaudio supporter for many years, but these Raidho and Scansonic have my head turned and I am very impressed with them. A speaker that should be at the show is the Dynaudio XDs and the new Xeo 2 is out if this world good for a pair of powered small speakers, hopefully Joseph Audio will have them out today, mind blowing on how good they sound... Best small speaker I have heard to date yet...Implementation is everything when engineering something good, and Dynaudio hit a home run with these!

These speakers (Avantgarde) were equally impressive but I don't care for the look nearly as much...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by audionirvana View Post
    Paul: I had dinner with Lars and the following day I was able the hear the D 1.1s and the XT-2 both were very impressive and how they handled very fast paced dynamic music was amazing. I have always been a Danish fan of speakers, hence a big Dynaudio supporter for many years, but these Raidho and Scansonic have my head turned and I am very impressed with them. A speaker that should be at the show is the Dynaudio XDs and the new Xeo 2 is out if this world good for a pair of powered small speakers, hopefully Joseph Audio will have them out today, mind blowing on how good they sound... Best small speaker I have heard to date yet...Implementation is everything when engineering something good, and Dynaudio hit a home run with these!

I bet that was a fun time. He sure is excited about the Raidho upgrade to .1's. He is a joy to hang with.

I was with Tyler/Rhett and Lars, good times and very knowledgable all around great guys! I would love to buy a pair of XT-2, but I would have to hear them next to my Dynaudio C2 Platinums in order to make any kind of decision before I would trade in... I grew up with Dynaudio basically and worked at a store while I was in college and we carried them back then... Both excellent brands and in some cases a toss up depending on what you like, but in the short time Raidho/Scansonics got a lot going for their brand! as I see you have the D3's, great speaker!

pls post impression of the Von Schweikert Vr 55

thanks.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by dimfer View Post

thanks.
    Good. They were paired with VAC, which helped.

Shooting over to AXPONA this morning. Any cant miss rooms? Thanks.

On the lower level the room featuring D'Agostino with Wilson Alexias and a DcS digital player is exceptional. They have this giant battery device that allows them to run the whole rig without being connected to the power grid. It was the best sounding room in my judgement.
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Lampizator Atlantic Plus DSD512
    Aesthetix Calypso Signature Preamp
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Auorasound VIDA (phono-stage)
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    Shooting over to AXPONA this morning. Any cant miss rooms? Thanks.
    Magico/CAT - 6th floor (ask to hear vinyl). The Kronos Pro/ZYX universe Premium is what I have at home and it's killer.
    Focal/MicroMega - 3rd floor (I think)
    Avantgarde Uno XD - 5th floor - at the end of the hall, the left
    MBL 101 Xtremes (lower lobby) - go down the escalators to the basement.
    VAC/Von Schweikert room - basement
    KEF Blade 2/Parasound room - basement
    Big Tidal room - Tidal speakers with Tidal amps.
    Sonus Faber/ARC GS150 - 12th floor.
    Gamut room.
    Wilson Alexx/Doshi - 2nd floor
    Jeff Joseph/Jeff Rowland room with Ampex R2R playing.
    Chord DAVE room
    Lots more....

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I will arrive by 10 and need to be home for the opening face-off of the Blackhawks game at 2. So much to see and so little time!!

Magico/CAT - 6th floor (ask to hear vinyl). The Kronos Pro/ZYX universe Premium is what I have at home and it's killer.
    Focal/MicroMega - 3rd floor (I think)
    Avantgarde Uno XD - 5th floor - at the end of the hall, the left
    MBL 101 Xtremes (lower lobby) - go down the escalators to the basement.
    VAC/Von Schweikert room - basement
    KEF Blade 2/Parasound room - basement
    Big Tidal room - Tidal speakers with Tidal amps.
    Sonus Faber/ARC GS150 - 12th floor.
    Gamut room.
    Wilson Alexx/Doshi - 2nd floor
    Jeff Joseph/Jeff Rowland room with Ampex R2R playing.
    Chord DAVE room
    Lots more....
    A few more:

CAT/Marten - Basement
    Bricasti/Tidal - 342
    Scaena/ARC - Lobby level
    Pass/Focal - 12th floor
    D'Agostino/Wilson - basement

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by BayStBroker View Post
    On the lower level the room featuring D'Agostino with Wilson Alexias and a DcS digital player is exceptional. They have this giant battery device that allows them to run the whole rig without being connected to the power grid. It was the best sounding room in my judgement.
    If you visit this room, make sure you wait for the front centre chair. It is worth the wait. The room sounds very bad at the back row of chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by dimfer View Post

thanks.
    Yes they were very good. Definitely top 10 room with the VAC stuff.

Has anyone been to Room 532, THE TAPE ROOM?

What new Anaolgue Production tapes are playing?

Any info on the catalogue and prices Analogue Production are proposing?

Speakeasy

Mike

As for the Lamm, are you thinkin the two or four chassis unit?

BTW, I'm seriously thinking of going. Does anyone know if the Rockport Lyra's are going to be there?

Kerry

For me...

1. To finally meet Le Roy, Mike and all my Audio Shark friends.
    2. To visit the Vandersteen room.
    3. To visit the Audio Research room.
    4. To finally get to hear a Lampizator DAC.
    5. To hear the Magico room and hopefully the M3.
    6. To hear MQA.
    7. To hear Avant-Garde horns.
    8. To check out Aurender N10 music server.
    9. To hear Aesthetix room.
    10. To hear exotic brands like MBL and Dartzeel.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

With the last two posts it looks like this thread has morphed into AXPONA 2017, but there is actually a dedicated thread for that.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team