Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Dog Ears...... a testimonial worthy of belief.

Here's a testimonial for ya. My wife's out of town so I started playing music first thing this morning. Typically it takes about 4 record sides to really warm up my cartridge for critical listening. The bass tightens up, the soundstage expands, and the true glory of vinyl finally appears. While I'm flipping warm up records, I typically spin some CD's and have what is recognized as a pretty good, if not excellent, CD player; Modwright Oppo 105, with tubes, separate power supply, Bybee mods, etc. Modwright did a fantastic job with this and it is sort of vinylesque, to create a new word and per the Absolute Sound review below.

With my wife gone, our Doberman has not left my side even for a minute the last couple of days. Right up until I started playing CD's. Thats when he got up and immediately went into the next room. As soon as I completed the cartridge warm up ritual and started listening to vinyl, he came back in and laid down in the sweet spot. Just thought I'd throw this out to either settle the vinyl vs digital controversy once and for all, or just stir things up. I guess this could technically be considered as a "blind test" because even though he's pretty smart, I don't believe the dog was watching when I switched from CD to vinyl.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ations/?page=2
    Ted

Main System; VPI Classic 3 TT, Koetsu Blue Lace Platinum, Eagle/RR, Cinemag SUT, CJ Prem 15 Phono Pre, Modwright Oppo 105 CD/Dac, CJ Gat Ser 2, CAT Legend, Carver BB 305's, Magnepan 3.7i's/Mye Stands, REL G2's (pair), Triton/Typhon, Shunyata Loom, Merrill Rack, Mapleshade Plinths/Footers, Herbie's Tenderfeet/Tube Dampers, Synergistic Research; HFT's, FEQ's, Black Box, Apertures & Tube Traps.

2nd System; Kuzma Stabi/Stogi TT, Soundsmith Voice/Cad Bronze/Koetsu Rosewood Sig, Sutherland 20/20 Phono Pre, Bryston CD1, Cyrus Dac, Triode TRX-2, CJ Prem 8's (upgraded KT120's), Peter Gunn MMG's, REL S3's (pair), Audience Au24 SE Loom, Mapleshade Rack, Plinths & Footers. (Quad 2905's, ESL63's, PK Customs, AZ Crescendos, Utopias, Nuforce R20's, Modwright SWL9.0SE, CJ Classic 60SE)

Re: Dog Ears...... a testimonial worthy of belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedtag View Post
    Here's a testimonial for ya. My wife's out of town so I started playing music first thing this morning. Typically it takes about 4 record sides to really warm up my cartridge for critical listening. The bass tightens up, the soundstage expands, and the true glory of vinyl finally appears. While I'm flipping warm up records, I typically spin some CD's and have what is recognized as a pretty good, if not excellent, CD player; Modwright Oppo 105, with tubes, separate power supply, Bybee mods, etc. Modwright did a fantastic job with this and it is sort of vinylesque, to create a new word and per the Absolute Sound review below.

With my wife gone, our Doberman has not left my side even for a minute the last couple of days. Right up until I started playing CD's. Thats when he got up and immediately went into the next room. As soon as I completed the cartridge warm up ritual and started listening to vinyl, he came back in and laid down in the sweet spot. Just thought I'd throw this out to either settle the vinyl vs digital controversy once and for all, or just stir things up. I guess this could technically be considered as a "blind test" because even though he's pretty smart, I don't believe the dog was watching when I switched from CD to vinyl.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ations/?page=2

Pets, our cat loves Neil Young Line at Massey Hall she will come lay done on the carpet and relax . Now once I put some Joe Bonamassa on, she gets up and leaves. Any CSN&Y she comes back in the room and has a listen. Interesting tid bit about cats : Humans and cats have a similar range of hearing on the low end of the scale, but cats can hear much higher-pitched sounds, up to 64 kHz, which is 1.6 octaves above the range of a human, and even 1 octave above the range of a dog.[8] When listening for something, a cat's ears will swivel in that direction; a cat's ear flaps (pinnae) can independently point backwards as well as forwards and sideways to pinpoint the source of the sound.

Pets are cool.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Maybe your Dob doesn't like your choice of music on CD. LOL
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

smart Doberman, give him a pat for me..

Dogs don't like digital. It hurts their ears.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

My cat was doing the same thing yesterday. When I started playing vinyl she climbed up on the couch and sat next to me for the next 4 hrs.

When my dog was still alive she did the same thing, she didn't like digital though.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

When our Shepherd was a live, it did this very thing when I played some music

Then we have the pets that play music

2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Dog Ears...... a testimonial worthy of belief.