Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time ..... - Page 142
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 137 138 139 140 141 142
Results 1,411 to 1,416 of 1416
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

This may have been asked before, but has anyone compared the NC500 to the NC400 mono kits , differences ..?

regards

Post Thanks / Like

150mA

We've not met or spoken yet, but I'm a friend of Julian Ashley and John Bamford. I was at the listening evening when we heard the One-Ups, A/B'd with the NC400 monoblocks... Actually those are my NC400s, I built them about this time last year, although they've spent much of that time in Jules' system while my front room has been awaiting redecorating.

Anyway, the Nords are cosmic. The first time I heard them, in Jules' system with the Audionotes, they were doing things I didn't think the Audionotes were capable of. Then we heard them on the Sir Galahads, and they were doing things I'd not heard the S.G.s doing before, too! I'm very impressed! I understand that you may be popping over to see John, and I'm sure Jules and myself would also like to meet you, and have another listen to the One-Ups, of course. It'll be fun.

I must say that I'm very keen on buying a pair for myself, although I have quite a bit of kit to sell over Christmas to fund them. I honestly never thought I'd be wanting to sell the NC400s so soon after assembling them, but the improvement is like night and day!

I'm sure I'll be in touch again soon, but do keep your soldering iron hot!
    http://www.nordacoustics.co.uk Nord Acoustics design and manufacture Nord Hypex Amplifiers in the UK. We also build IPL Acoustics Speakers and represent Abrahamsen Audio in the UK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex 54 View Post
    Colin, how big is the offset?
    Curious to know too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boggit View Post
    150mA

We've not met or spoken yet, but I'm a friend of Julian Ashley and John Bamford. I was at the listening evening when we heard the One-Ups, A/B'd with the NC400 monoblocks... Actually those are my NC400s, I built them about this time last year, although they've spent much of that time in Jules' system while my front room has been awaiting redecorating.

Anyway, the Nords are cosmic. The first time I heard them, in Jules' system with the Audionotes, they were doing things I didn't think the Audionotes were capable of. Then we heard them on the Sir Galahads, and they were doing things I'd not heard the S.G.s doing before, too! I'm very impressed! I understand that you may be popping over to see John, and I'm sure Jules and myself would also like to meet you, and have another listen to the One-Ups, of course. It'll be fun.

I must say that I'm very keen on buying a pair for myself, although I have quite a bit of kit to sell over Christmas to fund them. I honestly never thought I'd be wanting to sell the NC400s so soon after assembling them, but the improvement is like night and day!

I'm sure I'll be in touch again soon, but do keep your soldering iron hot!

Tks .....

Post Thanks / Like

150mA is a large offset, wouldn't want to push that into my speakers. I would guess there is a solution but would require some custom mods to the buffer board solely for the Orange amp?

Post Thanks / Like

I might be selling my One Up monos next month...keep you posted
    PSB Imagine T3, LKV Phono, VPI Scout, Trans Fi Terminator Tone Arm, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, PS Audio DMP - DS JR, Acoustic Imgaery Atsah 500 Mono Amps, Wireworld Eclipse 7 cables

Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 137 138 139 140 141 142