Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time ..... - Page 130
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 130 of 136 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1351
  1. #1291
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    Thanks Joe. You are one of the ones to blame for me ordering a couple of one-ups. I don't know if I should thank you or not; give me another week or so

  2. #1292
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    I wish I could go through Colin's website and fix all the typos and spelling mistakes... in the product section it states a 1 week lead time, under the specific amp it states a 2 week lead time. Are you reading this Colin? you shouldn't be right now because you should be building my amplifiers

  3. #1293
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    Congratulations, I think

    Give them a few hundred hours to break in before making any judgments.

    Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    Thanks Joe. You are one of the ones to blame for me ordering a couple of one-ups. I don't know if I should thank you or not; give me another week or so
    Joe

    JOB 250 Monoblocks, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1. PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II.

  4. #1294
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Congratulations, I think

    Give them a few hundred hours to break in before making any judgments.
    Of course. My DAC was god awful new out of the box; I picked it up last winter; it had been in a warehouse over the weekend when it was -15 on average, and was about 0 degrees when I plugged it in for the first time. What a huge difference even over the first 2 hours when it warmed up. (I know, I should have been worried about condensation issues, but too impatient all is well) Took about 100 hours to really start to come into its own.
    Linn Genki/DSD files>exasound e22>Marchand XM44>Nord OneUp NC500 x2>Magneplaner 3.6r: Wireworld digital, Transparent Plus RCA's & XLR's, Audio Sensibility power cords, Solid Tech reference rack, Mye Stands, RCPC Pro 400, Hubbell outlets & dedicated lines, DIY RPG diffusor & panels

  5. #1295
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    Excellent, very happy for you.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Joe

    JOB 250 Monoblocks, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1. PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II.

  6. #1296
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    He's right:

    That's not the same data sheet as I've seen but I guess it's referring to the naked module with no additional cooling. This is a comparative measurement of RMS output into 8 Ohms for a number of different power amplifiers and it shows the NC500 is right up there at 400W:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #1297
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    Reading above the amp produces the peak output power when the ambient temperature is 25 degrees C.

    The amp already feels quite warm when operating: Anyone know what temperature the amp is when at idle?

    On a hot day with no air con it must get well over 25 degrees C.

    I have the stereo amp which must get even hotter than the mono.
    Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand; Roksan Caspian CD Player; MFA Classic V2; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo ; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Lumin D1; Synology DS215j; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

    ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-HW45ES; 97" Filmex Screen; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony BDP-S7200; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

  8. #1298
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex 54 View Post
    That's not the same data sheet as I've seen but I guess it's referring to the naked module with no additional cooling. This is a comparative measurement of RMS output into 8 Ohms for a number of different power amplifiers and it shows the NC500 is right up there at 400W:
    Well I see that NC500 is well over 100W, perhaps for sure is not 400W. So usually manufacturer declare conservative value for power, and I think Hypex do the same.

    One thing very interesting I see from that graph, is that Benchmark AHB-2 has even lower distortion then NC500 up to 100W. So if we don't need for over 100W (depend on speaker and ambient) the Benchmark seem to be very good.

    Don't you think ??

  9. #1299
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Dummies View Post
    Reading above the amp produces the peak output power when the ambient temperature is 25 degrees C.

    The amp already feels quite warm when operating: Anyone know what temperature the amp is when at idle?

    On a hot day with no air con it must get well over 25 degrees C.

    I have the stereo amp which must get even hotter than the mono.
    I also have the stereo Nord and it idles at a case temperature of 38 degrees C in my open frame rack unit.

  10. #1300
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrowley View Post
    Well I see that NC500 is well over 100W, perhaps for sure is not 400W. So usually manufacturer declare conservative value for power, and I think Hypex do the same.

    One thing very interesting I see from that graph, is that Benchmark AHB-2 has even lower distortion then NC500 up to 100W. So if we don't need for over 100W (depend on speaker and ambient) the Benchmark seem to be very good.

    Don't you think ??
    At 400W the distortion reaches 1% so I wouldn't to run it up at that level.

    Many would argue that at such low distortion levels they would be indistinguishable but the ultimate test would be a comparative audition?

 

 
Page 130 of 136 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast