Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time ..... - Page 123
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 118 119 120 121 122 123
Results 1,221 to 1,228 of 1228
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

I did. No longer have them.

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    Joe did you sell off your Nords?
    Joe

JOB 250 Monoblocks, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, JoeInId, I'll bite. Why did you abandon the Nords? Better amp? Performance issues?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha!

No specific reason. I go through gear like s*** through a goose. Just making room for other stuff. I can't sit still. Have you seen my signature? There's more gear that has come and gone that never had a chance to make it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by FredList View Post
    OK, JoeInId, I'll bite. Why did you abandon the Nords? Better amp? Performance issues?
    Joe

JOB 250 Monoblocks, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe:
    It is, undeniably, an impressive goose...well fed and nourished.
    Will be receiving my (much more modest) Nord Stereo UP this coming Monday and am intrigued by the various comments and reviews read so far. Won't abandon the current monoblocks until the Nord shows it true colors.
    BTW, when you had the Nords running did you power them though a conditioner and/or use amp-style power cables?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think you will love the Nord Stereo amp. But, please give it 100-200 hours of serious break in before coming to any conclusion. Some will say that's nonsense, but I know better

I ran them through my Burmester 948 conditioner. There's no power limit on it. It's basically an active DC filter. I don't play my music loud and never have an issue with power.

Please keep us updated. I am curious.

What preamp and speakers do you plan on using?

Quote Originally Posted by FredList View Post
    Joe:
    It is, undeniably, an impressive goose...well fed and nourished.
    Will be receiving my (much more modest) Nord Stereo UP this coming Monday and am intrigued by the various comments and reviews read so far. Won't abandon the current monoblocks until the Nord shows it true colors.
    BTW, when you had the Nords running did you power them though a conditioner and/or use amp-style power cables?
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Joe:
    Will be using the new Tekton Double Impact speakers and a RME UCX studio DAC/pre. In this stereo setup have no need for a pre because all of the music is stored in JRiver and speaks superbly well to the RME. All is nicely balanced and refined in the current setup so the addition of the Nord will be a true comparison test to the current monoblocks.
    Colin has told me, btw, that he finds little break-in necessary but the comments above show otherwise. Got both of the op amps so will be experimenting with "op amp rolling."
    BTW, if some are unfamiliar with RME products, check them out before questioning. They are the first German AD/DA company and have been at it longer than anyone. Their new ADI Pro II is considered by many the top of the class, but is not set up with a remote for commercial use. Tant pis! The UCX, by comparison, runs a software mixer (TotalMIX) that does a great job of connecting components and JRiver together. The wired remote is very well done. This is one quiet DAC/Pre...

7. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FredList

Joe is correct about break-in it does take a while and benefits from being left on all the time. Which op-amp you prefer will be based on how much "detail" you prefer. I only know the Tekton's by reputation and that would probably lead me to start with the Sparkos. In my two setups where the Nord has resided they were better with the Nola KO's with the Sparko's and in the other setup with the Spatial M3 Turbo S the SI. When you swap op amps you will have another bit of a break-in to go through but not like the first one. Whether you prefer the Nord or your current amps in the end is up to you ears, but it does take a pretty impressive one to beat it.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Marantz HD-CD1, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery, Aqua La Voce S2, Musical Paradise MP-D2, Modwright LS-100 with tube phono board, PS Audio BHK 250, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, PC's -Neotech & Triode Wire Lab, IC's & SC's- Audio Sensibility Testament, (2) Blue Circle PLC FX-2's with BC-62 PC's, PI Audio Uberbuss

Family Room - Oppo 83SE, Auralic Aries Mini w/LPS, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Oppo Sonica, Nord One Up SI, Spatial M3 Turbo S, (2) ACI Force XL's, Cables- Wireworld & Cullen Cable, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

I now have the Music First Baby Classic connected.
    Sound is even better now, with even more detail and better bass.
    Can't say any more, have to get back to listening to my favourite albums
    Currently listening to: Thin Lizzy Greatest hits.

10. Likes joeinid liked this post

Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 118 119 120 121 122 123