Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time ..... - Page 113
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 108 109 110 111 112 113
Results 1,121 to 1,129 of 1129
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

I felt that there was more meat on the bone with Nord. The D400 seemed a little "thin", for lack of a better word. After a while, I was restless with the D400.
    Joe

Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Accuphase A-36, Jolida Fusion 3502, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, Nord One UP NC500MB monos, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Musical Paradise MP-D2 AK4490 XMOS BALANCED DAC DSD DOP 384Khz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I had a Devialet D400 and prefer the Nords. Use a sweet solid state or tube preamp with the 994 op amps (my preference) and enjoy.
    Hi Joe,

Can you advise few names of sweet solid state pre ?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

You may may have to experiment for your taste, but I love the Wyred STP-SE, for example. This is more of a passive preamp.

I also love Ayre too, I tried the KX5 twenty and loved it.

I've had other great preamps but they were obscenely expensive like Dartzeel, D'Agostino and Burmester. At this level, you would not be pairing them up with anything other then similar priced amps.

Quote Originally Posted by sstalker View Post
    Hi Joe,

Can you advise few names of sweet solid state pre ?
    Last edited by joeinid; March 6, 2017 at 09:16 AM.
    Joe

Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Accuphase A-36, Jolida Fusion 3502, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, Nord One UP NC500MB monos, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Musical Paradise MP-D2 AK4490 XMOS BALANCED DAC DSD DOP 384Khz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    You may may have to experiment for your taste, but I love the Wyred STP-SE, for example. This is more of a passive preamp.
    Thank you Joe,
    Do you have opportunity to listen Hattor ? Seems< here, is weel regarded unit. If so, can you compare both ?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry I haven't. I came VERY close to ordering one based one or two other owners here. They love them. I was very intrigued but ultimately will end up with an active preamp.

Quote Originally Posted by sstalker View Post
    Thank you Joe,
    Do you have opportunity to listen Hattor ? Seems< here, is weel regarded unit. If so, can you compare both ?
    Last edited by joeinid; March 6, 2017 at 10:41 AM.
    Joe

6. Thanks sstalker thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mfin View Post
    A quick return with my decision and purchase of XLR cables for my Pre-->Nord that I was posting about a few pages back. Ok, so I'd had great results with the Audience OHNO at £350 and even slightly better (and preferred) the Vovox Vocalis at £333 that was recommended by Alto. Both these cables were tried for a good week or so and had chance to settle.

The purchase decision was pretty much done, but, then Alto also encouraged me to try the more expensive Vovox Textura, which are available from £692. That's the price for 0.75m, it's nice that they offer this length as well as 1m , as 0.75m is enough for a lot of people (note the Vocalis is only in 1m upwards).

The Textura is pushing the budget in my own system, but it's clear my system can benefit from it and it will not be out of place even after some serious upgrades elsewhere. So, I have chosen the Textura. It is more extended at the low end, and marginally better all round. Note that the Textura I noted took a couple of days to settle, the extra touch of low end extension was apparent immediately but it took a couple of days to really open up (it was initially questionable until opening up after a couple of days, but I am finding XLRs do take a little while to settle in general).

If anyone is using a Nord with other relatively modest separates, the Vocalis is a great buy, and completely worth it over cheap cables. If you are one of the club that is using the Nord with much higher value sources, dacs, pre-amps, it could be worth going the extra mile.

I don't think anyone could go too far wrong with any of these 3 XLR Interconnects, but I will say there is zero doubt in my mind the bang for buck you are getting by using something good over something cheap. I thought it common to think XLR cables are XLR cables and only single ended RCA ones benefit from being higher end, I now do not think that is right at all.

Thanks Alto.

If anyone is interested in buying any of the Vovox, give Alto a shout, he's a genuinely helpful, a pleasure to meet and deal with. I should say he also supplies Lumin Streamers which I've had the pleasure to hear which could be of interest to Nord owners (I'm told Colin uses a Lumin now).

Thanks for the kind words.

Vovox are nice cables and compare very favourably with other brands costing a lot more. I understand they are the preferred cable for Soulution.
    UK audio dealer for: Mola Mola, Boenicke, SST, Lumin, Fidta, Nord, Vovox, Bybee, Acoustic Revive

Post Thanks / Like

Hello. I need a little bit of a boost to bought a North up nc500 stereo for my spatial m3 turbo s. I read all the tread but I hesitate between the north and the red dragon s500, they have the same price. Has anyone had the chance to compare?
    My pream is a doge 8 lp gain 10v impedance 600 ohm. Do you think Is a good match ?
    Source: Sotm sms-200 . ( Nas Synology ds214+ , Windows server 2016 Bridge with Minimserver
    Power Supply : Hdplex ( Nas / router / switch / servers )
    Dac: Bryston BDA 3 , Audio GD NFB 2.2
    Cable Usb: Curious regen link
    Ethernet cable : Supra Cat8
    Power Amplifier: Line Magnetic lm211ia , Nord One UP NC500 ?
    Pream : Doge 8 LP
    Speaker:
    Audio note AX-2 / Spatial M3 turbo S
    Speaker Cables: Belden 9497
    ICa: Grover Huffman Empress / Belden 8402
    Power Cable: Sablon Gran Corona
    Misc: netgear gs105e switch / Furutech
    GTX-D® Receptacle ,Quadraspire SVT

Post Thanks / Like

Red Dragon has a 45 day money back policy so give them a try. All you have to lose is the shipping. The Nord does work well with the Spatials and your Doge 8 should be fine with either.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Marantz HD-CD1, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S2, Musical Paradise MP-D2, Modwright LS-100 with tube phono board, PS Audio BHK 250, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, PC's -Neotech, IC's & SC's- Audio Sensibility Testament, (2) Blue Circle PLC FX-2's with BC-62 PC's

Family Room - Oppo 83SE, Auralic Aries Mini w/LPS, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Oppo Sonica, Nord One Up SI, Spatial M3 Turbo S, (2) ACI Force XL's, Cables- Wireworld & Cullen Cable, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard much about the Pascal S-Pro 2 class D module used in the Red Dragon S500 so it's an unknown quantity to me. The NC500 Ncore module used in the Nord is a proven unit and employed in a number of well respected amplifiers. The Nord also offers a custom input buffer with the additional benefit of op-amp rolling.

11. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post

Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 108 109 110 111 112 113