Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Taking a break

ClearAudio Double Matrix Sonic + Protective Cover [Plastic Lid]

Not long after I purchased the ClearAudio Double Matrix Sonic, I purchased the protective cover [plastic lid]. As I have pointed out in my other posts regarding this cleaning unit is that it is not nearly as loud as the other cleaners: VPI HW27, Klaudio and AudioDesk. One thing to keep in mind, they all make noise and lots of it. I used the ClearAudio for a number of months and one day I decided to clean one of my records with the protective cover [plastic lid] on just to see if it would reduce the noise and voila, yes it did and substantially. So much so that I can clean records in the same space as my audio equipment and still play/enjoy music.

Here are a few photos of the protective cover [plastic lid]:

Re: ClearAudio Double Matrix Sonic + Protective Cover [Plastic Lid]

Beautiful machine, elegant solution.

Speakeasy

Audioshark

Nice! Amazing piece of engineering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Nice! Amazing piece of engineering.
    Mike, you and I have talked about the ClearAudio and I had mentioned I post info about the unit...I did a search first before leaping and found that I had done this already. There is a tone of ClearAudio Double Matrix Sonic posts that I created fall 2015.

Audioshark

Yes - your research on RCM's was extensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes - your research on RCM's was extensive.
    Mike, I do believe I am in the market for a Keith Monks. I have 4 macines: ClearAudio Double Matrix Sonic, Klaudio, VPI HW27 and AudioDesk. Might as well as add a 5th machine, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
    Mike, I do believe I am in the market for a Keith Monks. I have 4 macines: ClearAudio Double Matrix Sonic, Klaudio, VPI HW27 and AudioDesk. Might as well as add a 5th machine, yes?
    Where might you buy the Monks from? I'm also looking into getting one in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks!

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by kkfan View Post
    Where might you buy the Monks from? I'm also looking into getting one in the not-too-distant future. Thanks!
    I am not sure where you are located but you can Google or as I do, Duck Duck Go queries for a dealer near you. Or, visit: Retailers & Cleaning Centres and pick your location.

I am not sure where you are located but you can Google or as I do, Duck Duck Go queries for a dealer near you. Or, visit: Retailers & Cleaning Centres and pick your location.
    Thanks for the link.

I am in Tennessee. I was wondering whether you had experience with a particular dealer whom I could also contact.

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by kkfan View Post
    I was wondering whether you had experience with a particular dealer whom I could also contact.
    I do not have a retailer in mind just yet because I do a lot of research before I purchase something and locate the best price possible. Particularly when I buy something new, I do everything possible to avoid tax. A lot of times because it's not very far away for me is to fly or drive over to the state of Oregon. Of course it must be a significant incentive and be a worthwhile tax savings. because I have two homes in two different states, I often shoft to one or the other to bypass tax.

because I have two homes in two different states, I often shit to one or the other to bypass tax.
    I don't know if I'd go that far to avoid taxes.
    Main System: Krell MD-2 CD turntable, Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA-3, VPI Prime, Allnic 1201, D'Agostino Momentum Preamp and Stereo Amp, Wilson Sasha 2, JL CR-1, JL F110 (2), Klaudio RCM.
    Headphone System: Woo WA22, Woo WA8, Audeze LCD-3, Sennheiser HD800S, Enigma Dharma D1000, Focal Elear, A&K AK320, JH Audio JH16, Noble K10.
    Bedroom System: Krell S-1000, Krell KST-100, ProAc Signature 50, Oppo BDP-93, Squeezebox Transporter.
    Museum: Son of Ampzilla, Usher BE-718, Infinity Black Widow, Hafler DH-101, Theta DS Pro Basic, Micro Seiki BL51 w/Eminent Technology II tonearm.

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
    I don't know if I'd go that far to avoid taxes.
    whoops. thank u Siri. SHIFT

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team